1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you like most about BJDs?

Jun 7, 2009

?
  1. The look of them

2. the ability to customise them

3. the way they pose so well

4. something else

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. I hadn't even thought about this, but its so true! I bought my first doll, Aya, for her look and her customizability, but it definitely has evolved to companionship without me really realizing it! :)

2. Honestly, everything! Their appearance, posing abilities, and customizing!

3. :Dl love my obitsu 45cm girl. She poses great and l love the fact that a person can replace the parts easly also she is very light to carry around.

4. For me, BJDs are an outlet for creativity. I can finally have dolls based off of my characters that make for great "collectibles." I feel like I'm collecting these hard to find dolls of my own characters and honestly, it's just so much fun! They've gotten me to knit and sew for them. I made my very first clothes pattern from scratch for my doll! :)

5. It's given me alot of options to be creative,and I see now how BJD's are a hobby. I have learned to sew. Make jewlrey and want to learn to make wigs. This hobby for me relieves stress and that's why I love it so much:-)

6. Everything combined and even more... I love the looks of the dolls, it was the first thing that baited me and drew me in. As a 14 year old I had never seen dolls like this back in the day... Now eleven years later and with a sizeable collection to show for I love them most for how customisable they are and how easily I can turn them into the characters that up to the point where I managed to buy a doll had only be swimming around in my head. And of course the fact that they can pose and look so very natural doing so is also a pro since it helps me bring said aforementioned characters to life via photography and I think that's incredible. There's also the community aspect of it, of course, and how you can suddenly feel connected to so many people around the world that share the same hobby with you and get to see their dolls and listen to their stories, share and exchange tutorials and patterns... it's wonderful!

7. I am a little of both here, i choice the ability to customise and something else! :)

If you want to have a doll like Daenerys Targaryen from Game of Thrones then go for it! Those dolls are fully customisable and your mind is the only thing that sets the limits. :D

What i also enjoy with those dolls is when i spend the time to photograph and also when i do videos. I really enjoy to be able to talk about this hobby and share it with others! :)

8. The sheer aesthetic beauty of them. I get a lot of pleasure out of just looking at them, and it's nice to look up from whatever tedious thing I may be doing and see something that's just beautiful.

I also enjoy the companionship. Just having them sit by me is comforting.

9. I'm trapped between looking at them in all their beauty and, of course, the customization. No two dolls are alike, they are all the essence of their owners. The customization process has opened an outlet for plenty of creativity! A lot of us doll folk love that. :3

10. That you can personalize them... absolutely !! :D

11. I chose something because I like every aspect of them, not one fits into what I like most. The posing is very helpful for drawing, the customization and look are the creative part. I love it all!

12. I like the way they look the most. I also enjoy changing wigs/eyes and clothes. But their appearance is what I like most about them.

13. Like many others have said, I love everything about them. However, when I choose a new doll to buy, the first thing I look at is their face. I choose ones that I'm drawn to and that I find exceptionally beautiful. When I attended a BJD convention last month, out of all the dolls for sale, there was one that I was drawn to the moment I first saw her. I had to buy her. She called out to me. It was her sweet expression that I loved.

14. i think the reason why i like bjds so much is because i am able to make clothes and wigs for it and can get a cute faceup for my doll too. before finding out about bjds i was not a doll person but, being able to actually customize the doll makes a big difference.

15. My vote was "something else". I like that I can collect dolls that are not babies or little kids, but are not Barbies. I do have bjds that are little kids, but my favorites are the SDs who represent young adults.

16. I think anyone who owns a BJD will say that they love how they can customize the dolls to their liking.
      I feel like these dolls allow me to show my creativity.
      I love being able to order customized clothing and wigs to make my doll MINE.

17. I do love the customization, and I do love the pose-ability, and I do love the inspiration, but most of all I love the companionship. I was able to justify buying my first doll because she's somebody I don't have to leave behind, no matter where my life takes me :)

18. I chose the look of them, but it was a tough choice between that and the ability to customize them.

19. The look of them and how customisable they are!

20. I can be a real turd about posing, these dolls are so expensive - I set the bar very high for posing; after all that IS why they're ball jointed right?
      BUT my real answer is customization. I LOVE doing faceups and color scheming my dolls. For me, it's what gives them each their "personalities."