1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you like most about BJDs?

Jun 7, 2009

?
  1. The look of them

2. the ability to customise them

3. the way they pose so well

4. something else

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. i like the ability to customise them, change the wig, clothes and face-up. i also like how their bodies are well proportioned and their cute faces:love:aheartbea:XD:

2. I'm an artist, so I like that I can really customize them to my heart's content.

3. I like to sewing mini clothes, so I choose " the ability to customize them".:XD:

4. I like how they posable and their joints are easy-to-pose!

Sent from my X9006 using Tapatalk

5. i know many ppl focus on how to play with them
      but what i like most about bjds afterall is how their face is so pretty like a character only exists in drawings

6. I first got into doll collecting for the purpose of learning to photograph better and more creatively. But then I quickly grew to love the artistic side of how different and unique each doll can be and how you can customize them to your taste. To me they are works of art :)

7. For me it's all about the ability to customize them however you want. Even with the same sculpt, they can look completely different. Also, being able to pose them in various ways is fun xD

8. As someone who only just started getting into resin (getting their start in small vinyl fashion dolls), my favourite thing so far that I didnt expect is how nice resin feels and the satisfying noise a magnetic headcap makes when it closes. Maybe that sounds silly, but i'm pretty spergy and really enjoy certain tactile sensation and sound, and it wasn't something I expected. When I went to a meetup and was allowed to touch some of the dolls, I also enjoyed how the joints 'felt'when I moved them, and again, that satisfying 'click' kind of noise they make. I guess i was more the novelty of something I'm not used to when it comes to dolls but I can't wait to complete my first doll. I know that just posing him, touching his hair and clothes even just looking at him will be somewhat calming for me.

9. I love the customization aspect of BJDs. I have always had imaginary friends with elaborate back stories and so BJDs allow me to bring bring them to physical form. I love all the different aesthetics and the art form of the dolls. It is like having a piece of art I can interact with.

10. I love exploring all the mediums of art. I love the customization of BJD's. and not to mention I always loved tiny TINY clothing and furniture (not children clothing or anything just models or small houses).

11. I like how these dolls tend to bring out more than one type of artistic medium and puts it altogether to make some completely unique. At first you have the sculptor making the head and body parts, then they have to use some engineering skills to string the doll together and make it pose in different ways. Then there's the faceup and body blushing, but even when all of that is done it's still not complete. Someone makes the eyes, the wig, the clothes, shoes, and accessories. There and props and even sets built to present the doll. After that you can still had photography and story telling to the mix of all the things use to make the doll a single piece of art. It's incredible!

12. I love the aesthetic of BJDs over other types of dolls, and I feel that their ability to be customized goes hand-in-hand with that. I also selected "something else" because I love how photogenic and expressive these dolls are, and they are my favorite thing to photograph.

13. I like a lot of things about them, honestly... I like how much you can customize them, and how creative some people are with their backstories. I also love how different they all are. Like, you could have one owner have one doll that looks completely different than one of the same sculpt from a different owner. I also really like the posability of them, it helps to take more natural pictures that way. And especially for MSDs I love the amount of props you can find for them! There's a ton of props that I had laying around from when I used to collect 18" dolls like American Girl that work almost perfectly for my MSD crew :)

14. There's a lot of reasons I love BJDs, but the posing has to be #1 for me. Ever since I was a kid I've loved toys that could pose, and was frustrated that fashion dolls like Barbie could only move at the head, shoulders, and hips.

15. I love being able to physically interact with my characters. I mean, how often do you get to do that? :)

Plus the ability to make them totally unique and all the skills a person can learn from being involved in the hobby.

16. I voted for "the look of them", "the ability to customise them" and "something else". It was too hard to choose only one option.

I love how versatile bjds are. It's awesome how you can change eyes, hair, body parts and make up as well as clothes and shoes. There is also possibility to make modifications if I feel I need to (make boobs smaller etc) and buy a head and a body from different companies. Endless amount of possibilities to customise the doll to look exactly what you want! ^^

I also love how I can express myself through them. Customising, making face-ups, taking pictures, sewing, crafting, making stories of them and drawing them. They are a great source of inspiration. Many dolls have some kind of soulful expression and look which I enjoy to watch.

I admire the skill it requires to engineer a working and pretty looking body and sculpting an expressive face. Many dolls have great details and they look like a sculptor has put effort on them. I feel like I own something more than "only a doll".