1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you want Reseach & Development to work on?

Jan 25, 2007

1. I would also say that most companies seem to be moving in these directions and that some things, like the current stringing system, make these dolls more wonderful in their simplicity.

I would have to agree with those that said non yellowing resin! That and sandable tan resin would be awesome!!!!!

2. Unfortunately, asking for non-yellowing resin is a little like asking them to make an apple that doesn't rot. I'm sure they're getting closer, but chemical makeups can be hard things to balance.

I'd really like more skin tones for MSD and tinies, and it would be kind of cool to have more height difference between dolls- ie Karen is 43 cm, Mara is 47 cm, Jonas is 49 cm or whatever. It's the little touches that make our resin friends more lifelike.

3. And another thing---more inbetween sizes! I have couples that would be several inches apart in character, but can't find fitting dolls. The gap between MSD and SD is too much. Something like 55cm would be great! I know there are a few, but I'd love to see more. :)

4. I'd like to second TheNinth for more mature short dolls. I'd love to buy a 1/4 scale male with a head that makes him look grown-up, not boyish. I've even seen a few 1/6 scale girl dolls with mature bodies, why not some guys too?

Also... perhaps this isn't an R&D thing, but more accurate measurements for dolls available from the company would be lovely. When I order a doll, it'd be nice to start sewing his or her clothes during the 1-3 month wait, but unless fans have provided accurate measurements that's tough. Plus, it'd let more third party designers make clothes to fit a sculpt, which could make the doll more attractive to buyers because they'd have a bigger potential wardrobe.

5. I would say better posability for large sized dolls. And of course a solution to the yellowing problem.

6. Have less harmful chemicals in the MSC when we spray because some of us don't use gasmasks at times. Environmental msc?!
      Website fixings: When going to a new page, when pressing space bar to scroll down instead it goes to making a space in the search bar, that's my biggest pet peeve. Or how some page arrows don't work and instead have to click on the number instead.
      How sculpts don't match their bodies (chubby, young face attached to muscular/tall body)

Yes to different skin tones, how the joints look, and athletic girls/women. Oh and 'uglier/chubbier' dolls.

7. I'd love to see companies look into ways to offer things like à la carte options and fantasy colours. Discounts of à la carte parts could be offered if proof could be shown they were being bought to replace broken parts.

I'd also love more variation in body types. Athletic, slender and average bodies would be great (and I know some people would love chubbier bodies as well!). Different bust and hip sizes for women, different legs to allow for varied heights between dolls. I never tire of buying different hands, either. Hands are so expressive, so having many options can really bring a doll to life.