1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What fits Dollmore Model boys?

Apr 19, 2007

1. Help, please!

Now that some folks have male Model Dolls, can anyone tell me if the Dollshe dress shirts fit fine for a Model doll or are the arms too short?

How about the pants - too short if the length does not have any extra around the ankles?

I have both a Dollshe and Dollzone and have just recently ordered a Model Doll. I would like to know if I am going to have to get different clothing for him.

Thanks!

2. I don't have any pics of what you want to see but have tried on clothes between the two so can describe for you.

First of all are we talking about a Model boy or a model girl? If we are talking about a boy, the pants will be a little too short n the legs and the shirts will be a little too short in the arms. Not horribly, but enough that you will be aware of it.

If we are talking about a girl, the pants will be too big in the waist, and around the chest will be just a little tight due to her bust.

3. Thanks! I am talking about a Model doll BOY.

Well, it looks like I am going to HAVE to get the Model Doll pants and shirts and cannot get the Iplehouse suits, unless the pants for the suits have extra length.

I really don't like the Dollmore suits...

Well, looking at the Iplehouse suits, it looks like they will have extra length in the pants and perhaps a little length in the arms. Can anyone confirm these suits might work for the Model doll? I am specifically looking at the black casual suit:
      http://www.iplehouse.net/shop/step1.php?number=341

Thanks a LOT, Gayle! This is VERY helpful!

4. If you sew, just add 1/2 inch to the leg length for the pants, and about 1/4" to the shirt sleeves and you will have it nailed!

Also, you might want to contact PamSD from the boards as she makes a few things for Model boys. As does Charon, who makes gorgeous suits.

I could make you simple pants that would fit, simply by adding the length to my basic Hound pattern.

Oh almost forgot, the Iplehouse suits DO have a bunch of extra length in the leg and will fit Model boy just fine. I have two of those suits and have had to hem them by about 1/2" to fit my Dollshe boys.

5. Ah, I CAN sew, but I burned out on too many period Tudor and Victorian clothing about a decade ago and have only recently tried my hand at sewing a cosplay for Shuichi. Luckily, the fabric was wildly patterned so all my stitching and restitching cannot be easily seen! It was really tragic.

For nice dress pants for dolls, I know I would be totally daunted by that. *laugh* But I am not daunted about considering trying to sew a Tudor outfit with doublet, stomacher, flat hat, codpiece and tie-on sleeves for Shuichi! Yes, I am an idiot!

THANK YOU for the names! I will check them out! Right now, I am a bit money-poor because of the big purchase but I am always on the lookout for people who can sew for my men.

Thank you for the offer! But only if you are in the mood to do something to experiment with AND you let me pay for your time, shipping and fabrics!

GREAT! Those are the suits I like the BEST! I know they are wickedly expensive but the quality is amazing! It's what I prefer to put Shuichi in (IH Soo Ri) but I cannot afford EVERYTHING like I would love to have for him. So I stick to a few IH pants for now and a single suit (probably the white casual suit) for the future. Naturally, he has many other brands of clothing - the boy is a clothes horse extraordinaire! He even has some of those larger Friends2bMade dolls teeshirts that are WAY too wide on him, but look so cute hanging off one shoulder.

How about the Iplehouse suit sleeve lengths - are they just a tiny bit short so they are forgiveable or are they geeky too short? They look like they have a little extra length to them, too, as they say on the page, the sleeves fit fine when the arm is bent.

If the arms are only 1/4 inch longer, I just might be able to get away with some of the stuff I already have for Eiri when I thought he would be a Dollshe. The biggest thing is his new monk kimono. It may be a little too short in the arm so I will need to measure it on my Hound soon to see how much more length I might need. Then I will have to contact the person I commissioned to make it to make another one for me. I really hope not, though.

Eiri has to be well-tailored, sadly; he has to look smart and sharp most of the time. While I do have some Model Doll casual pants and tennis shoes on order with him so he arrives home with SOMETHING to wear that was made to fit the body type, I know he will expect me to have his usual tailored clothing available to him in a short amount of time.

Thanks again for ALL your helpful information!!!

6. I take commissions for doll clothes, and I have sewn for PamSD's model boy so making pants for them isn't an issue for me. PM me for pricing if you are interested ( I'm quite reasonable :))

The Iplehouse suits are cut right for Hounds in the sleeves. I've not tried one of them on a Model boy ( I don't have one but PamSD does), but next time Pam and I get together I can try it on for you.

7. I shall do so! Thank you!

I would GREATLY appreciate it! THANK YOU!

As far as I know, no one in the DFW area has a Model Doll yet. I will be the first and my friend plans on ordering a Uri in a few months, as soon as she sells one of her dolls and a few other items, and gathers the rest of the funds together.

So none are available for me to 'test drive' clothing on.

I am going to pm you now!

8. Model Doll males have longer arms and legs so shirt sleeves and pants legs are at question here. They are one centimeter taller than Dollshes so this changes the way the clothing fits.

Here are PamSD's comparison shots:

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99701

9. interesting because on dollmore, it says that model males are 70cm.

10. Looking at my dollshe boy, the clothing I bought for him fit very loosely...so i'm pretty sure that about 99% of the clothing you get should fit.

11. Loose is not the issue - sleeve and pant leg length is.

The stats on the doll I have ordered:

<< organization >>

- Model Doll Haneol head + assembled body
      - Acryl Eyes (random)
      - wig (random)
      - boxer short
      - Box, 2 cushions, COA

* if you want the other corlored acryl eyes for him, please put a memo it in "order comments"
      * if you have a make-up style and tone that you want, please let me know.
      it's possible as you want.^^

<< body size >>

* Eye size : 14mm (Diameter)
      * Tall : 71cm
      * Circumference of Head : 21.5cm
      * Circumference of neck : 11cm
      * Circumference of chest : 16.8cm
      * Width of shoulders : 16cm
      * Circumference of waist : 19.5cm
      * Circumference of hips : 26cm
      * Lenth of "from hips to ankle" : 41cm
      * Lenth of "from knee to ankle" : 21cm
      * Foot size : 9cm

I am going to get the thicker body:

b. thicker body
      * Circumference of waist : 20.2cm
      * Width of shoulders : 16cm
      * Circumference of hips : 26cm
      * Circumference of neck : 11.5cm

12. Model arms are between 1/4" and 1/2" longer. Sort of like 1/4" and a "smidge" if that makes sense. Finished sleeve length from shoulder to cuff is exactly 10".

13. Maybe some of you had the opportunity to try some model doll man pants on a DS boy. How do they fit?

14. Like a charm! I've got two pair of the skinny jeans and I love them!

15. That's great, thanks:D

16. A friend of mine got the Model M Size - Two tone Pocket Jean (Dark) and her Dollshe boy just drowned in them! They were way too big, unless you wanted a very big and baggy look.

17. I actually bought the ones for the model GIRL size and that seems to fit my hound perfectly. I think the model man size will be too big.

here's a pic:

[​IMG]

18. helene ~ those are the skinny jeans I have - I emailed dollmore and they told me they are unisex and would fit both girl and boy bodies.

19. Oh, hooray, mine was merged with an established thread.

I must have been too tired last night to see right. x.x;

edits;

So, I'm assuming dollmore model suits won't really fit dollshe boys because of their torso differences?
      And model girl pants are great on dollshe boys... xD

20. Hello, Silencieux!

This is what I have discovered since this thread started:

In general, Iplehouse Dollshe pants fit Model Doll guys because they are extra-long. The problem I have had with Iplehouse is their pants can be mis-labeled so the pants you get are actually SD13 and don't fit at all. I am waiting for a replacement pair from them because the black pants cannot even fit a Dollshe! (I sent them a video.) The Hound-black striped pants (iplehouse.net) fit the best and the length is perfect (not too long, not too short), so my Haneol Moon has been pretty much living in them.

I got the Iplehouse Dollshe Casual Suit (iplehouse.net) and the jacket sleeves are a little too short. However, when I talked to a tailor, he said some men do wear their jackets that short to show more shirt cuff. I cannot get a long-sleeved dress shirt under the jacket, though. It's too tight. I also have a wider-shoulder option doll. I think Dollshe clothes would fit him better if his shoulders were slightly more narrow.

Dollshe dress shirts are usually too short in the arms unless extra-long arms has been worked into the design. The main difference between Dollshes and male Model Doll is the Model Doll has a longer arm length and slightly longer legs. Gayle knows the specific dimensions - see her entry above.

The Luts V-NECK KNITE For Hound - it's a sweater - is not a baggy sweater but work well on Model Dolls. I was able to get it in both black and white. The sleeves are long enough!
      (http://eluts.com/frontstore/Item/it..._id=lutsdoll&level=yes&mother_catalog_num=130)

The Senior Delf undies (http://eluts.com/frontstore/Item/it..._id=lutsdoll&level=yes&mother_catalog_num=130) fit perfectly! I haven't tried any other Senior Delf items yet. Hopefully, one of the locals will get something I can try.

One of the locals got the Dollmore Model Doll Slim Skinny Set (Dollmore.net :: Everything for Doll & more) striped suit for her Hound and she says it fits great. Here is a photo:
      [​IMG]

Naturally, Dollshe guys and Model Doll M guys can share short-sleeved teeshirts.

Hope that helps!

#20 bakayaro onna, Nov 13, 2007
      Last edited: Jan 6, 2018