1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your grail doll, and why is it your grail?

Feb 3, 2015

1. My grails were Venitu at first but he was rereleased last year so managed to snag him. IH edan used to be a limited sculpt so he was another grail back then. My Soom Dia grail was somehow relatively easy to find on the 2ndhand market. My most recent grail Soom Narmer wasloveatfirstsightomg but he had only been released for 2 weeks, 2 years ago. uggs I also imagined getting the human version 2ndhand was not going to happen after 9 months of stalking everywhere. but this week soom released him agaaain Im over the moon .

2. My grail is Ringdoll Jade. I wasn't aware of until after she was sold out. They do sell her basic version still but it's her human version. I prefer her vampire/demon version and sadly it's a full set only :( I am hoping a few months from now someone didn't connect with her and will sell her.

3. I am sad I had gotten deeply into the hobby so late. My holy grail is Nabarro's Sumner. I have been desperately looking on instagram - and googling to find some sort of option, haha. I love him for his distinguished features, he seems to look beautiful with any face-up and his nose and lips are probably my most favorite.

4. Probably a Minifee RA Line girl or, even if it’s stereotypical, a Minifee or F65 Chloe! I’ve loved the RA Line head for y e a r s, but I have to say that Chloe was the first BJD I saw, so she’ll always have a super special place in my heart.

5. I currently have two. The easiest to obtain would be a DC Elizabeth with the spider body. I fell in love with the sculpt when I was younger. I love spiders and the overall DC aesthetic (I want so many of their dolls, honestly). I find her to be beautiful and so delicate. I was sooo happy to see she was still being made when I returned to the hobby, as another doll I wanted from years ago (Ringdoll Don) is not.

The hard one to obtain would be Foolbot's Mr. Kitty. I immediately fell in love with him the first time I saw him on Deviant Art. He was so incredibly limited though, I fear I may never find him or he will be farrrr to expensive.

6. I had two. One is dustofdolls meel and I have one about 6 month now. The other is a harucasting making. I love her sculpt. She has a natural face and love the proportions of the body. One day I hope to own one

7. My grail would have to be Summerbird's Viola. I love that this doll represent an entire different side of doll collectors that not a lot of other sculpts do. Bodies come in all size shape and color and it's a breath of fresh air to see a cute MSD with rolls and pudge lol

8. switch dolls like seolrok, ajeong, dojin are my grails, they are limited time pre order and i didnt know bjd yet when they were on sale

9. Currently a doll chateau sexta because he’s the perfect sculpt for my favorite character! I also LOVE dc bodies and I’ve wanted one for so long, and it’s a big thing for me to work towards!

10. My two would be chocolate milk merry doll round Zuri on Petrichor body and a Doom Bomi.

Zuri is just a masterpiece, not to mention she’s absolutely perfect for my most beloved OC. Every single detail in her body and face is exactly how I imagine the character and I have no idea how I got so lucky that this doll exists :D Also blown away by what I’ve heard about her posing and resin quality etc. I actually have one on layaway now so she’ll be coming home soon!

Bomi is so unique, and also great for another important character of mine. I adore her roundness and body shape!! I can tell she’d have such a crazy presence and I love that

11. My grail is Soom Zinc. I came across him while researching centaur BJDs and fell in love with how elegant and delicate the sculpt is. He was originally sold years before I'd even heard of BJDs so I doubt I'll ever find him, but maybe one day.

12. My grail doll is a Switch Waseon in Mocha Brown; the sculpt is the perfect look for a tan character I've had for the longest time. Waseon's expression is beautiful; I love how it subtly changes depending on the angle I'm looking at. I'm settling for a normal skin version at present but I'm ready to order whenever Switch opens orders.

13. My grail at the moment is definitely a SoulDoll Shiva, with the extra arms, in a dusky purple. Mostly because she is the perfect shell for my most treasured D&D character

14. My grails for now are RingDoll's Senkai (the fullset). He's so handsome and his clothes are absolutely amazing... He's unfortunately incredibly expensive, so I don't see myself getting him anytime soon.... And the second one would be Switch's 6th Anniversary Rosy White Waseon. I love how soft and delicate he looks. I'm hoping to find him second hand someday.

15. My grail is definitely Fairyland’s centaur Lucywen. I rejoined the hobby after a long absence and I missed her by a few months. I think she’s such a “grail” because I’m still getting used to the new landscape in the hoddy and I don’t know if it’ll be possible to obtain her. Hopefully when I get used to how everything is run these days with releases and what not I’ll know if she’ll be obtainable if that makes sense? I wish everyone luck on their quests for their own grails!

16. CP white Lishe and Dollzone tan Yuu! They were my love at first sight, they stole my heart and I waited years before owing them them through second hand market.

17. I have two grails!

The Soom Idealian Hornblend (in its Human Form) is one of them. It's been sold out since 2014 and I have never seen anyone with photos of theirs (let alone photos of theirs for sale!). Seems like an impossible find for me.

The other is a Minifee Chloe (or just the head). This one just requires a lot of saving up so it could be possible one day!

18. One of my grails was an Atelier Momoni Momoni (the MSD) which I just recently bought so I am super stoked! Her sculpt is so innocent and cute; not to mention Lola's "company face-up" is wonderfully done. An additional plus is that everyone comments about the body posability!

Another grail of mine which I haven't really been actively looking for is an Iplehouse Mari, specifically the FID version with Face-Up Type B. (Link here, if interested.) I saw her when I was actually looking for my first BJD and I couldn't find her sculpt that wasn't a recast/bootleg copy. If I can manage to find her legit, I would definitely want to add her to the doll family because her face-up is GORGEOUS and her sculpt is so elegant.

19. Mine is the first version of Volks's Lorina, and I'd like her fullset. She is exactly the image I have in mind when I think of a ball jointed doll.

20. I've got two and they are both early limited dolls with dark skins. One's DOD's black Luke and the other one is Luts' Lance Matsuri ver. I guess I liked both of them so much because of the dark skin look and also both of their outfit look so amazing and took my heart away!