1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your grail doll, and why is it your grail?

Feb 3, 2015

1. Ohhhhh.... thank you. Well that stinks. I really do love her sculpts... are they banned also?

2. If I got my Grail doll is he still my grail? XD
      My grail for the longest time was Soom Euclase, missed him about 10 years ago, and he just happened to be re-release recently so I finally got him. Totally in love with all his fantasy features!

3. My grail doll is a Doll Chateau Zora. Her face was the sweetest thing I ever saw in my life. I fell instantly in love with her sad eyes and full lips. Truely a beautiful doll. I would be happy with even just her head.

4. Yeah, the person was banned, so are all her sculpts :(

5. @elfy016 you’re most welcome and the pre-order is open now, toads available in two colours :love

#385 mikki, Sep 25, 2020
      Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    6. My grail doll was my dark tan Ellana from Lillycat on the Lune body (from the 2015 preorder). I looked for her for a long time and finally managed to adopt one a few months back! :love I had to spend a little more than planned for her, but it was worth it! :aheartbea

7. My grail is Ringdoll Law, because he is glorious.

8. My grail is a Danni by Rap1993, and I got her yesterday! I love her cartoony face, magnetic horns, expressive hands, and super curvy body.

9. I think the closer to a grail doll for me would be Dream of Doll Pisce. I'd be surprised if I ever find it as for obvious reasons there's no way I can get it now. Maybe one day, if I'm lucky enough, I will find it second hand!

10. Volks Chii and Volks Shinku. They have been my grail dolls since I started the hobby and still are. Not only do I love the sculpts, they are 2 of my favorite animes. Sadly I think they will remain grails forever. I have been trying to get them from Volks (well Shinku, Chii is more elusive) since 2005. I refuse to pay the second hand markups.

11. I'm late but, I love those two dolls too. I have a Min yan and recently discovered Baron. Min yan has a sweeter/calmer expression to me in person. In pictures Baron looks more 'moody' but maybe that's just me lol! I'd love to get him but 2 70+ cm dolls is just.. maybe a bit much for me.:XD:

12. If I have a grail doll its probably a Dollshe Ausley in their "Fashion Mini" size- even though I don't have the Hound that size I ordered over 2 years. She's a grail due to inconsistent order periods and the wait times.:roll:

I didn't think I had a grail doll before I happened to see a Heartstrung Ruse on the Marketplace in January. She's the uncommon mature tiny scale I mainly collect and hasn't been available from the company for years. I have never paid for (or received) a doll that fast before.:)

13. Soom Idealian Dover for me. I've been in love with this sculpt since 2013, which means basically since I first started learning about bjds in depth. His original promo pics don't do him justice to be honest, but something about him just caught my attention when I was looking at them and I decided to search for some owners' pics. I don't even know if I regret my decision to do so, but what I know for sure is that he stole my heart and there haven't been any other doll I loved so much. He's a very special sculpt for me. Yes, he doesn't have this perfect otherworldly beauty that many dolls have (especially Soom's dolls of that time) but he's so... expressive. Manly and gentle at the same time. He's got a lot of personality and it's definitely that very type of personality I absolutely love.

Luckily I'm getting his head soon, which I bought in split order from last Soom ID FCE. Not sure if it will be easy to get a right body for him (ID75 is just too tall for me) but still... I have a lot of hope for this. <3

#393 Ravenheart, Feb 24, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    14. My first grail was probably Luts Kid delf Bory. It was the doll I first got into the hobby wanting but have yet to obtain.

My 'true' grail it's a Conarium Lilith Full set. It speaks to me so deeply but I don't think I'll ever be able to afford her.

15. Volks DD Sasara has been my grail since day 1 of discovering the hobby. I'm sure she'll always be beyond my reach due to her high secondhand pricing and limited nature, but a part of me will always yearn to have her join my collection.

I've also previously considered Feeple60 Juri 2012 to be a grail of mine, similarly due to her limited nature. She wasn't exactly the world's most popular head that Fairyland has ever released, so she doesn't come up secondhand very often. I was introduced to her back when Lorti was still in the hobby with her girl, Chii, and I fell in love with the sculpt completely. I was sure I'd never be able to find and afford one, though, so I sort of gave up until I happened to find one in my budget secondhand in 2019. Now she's the centerpiece of my collection and I genuinely cannot be happier with her.

16. Volks Old F-07 has the cutest face in the world.
      It radiates warmth and love with its shy smile.
      F-07 is like this angelic child, innocent and pure. She is longing for the hug of a mother or a big sister.
      This sculpt wants to be loved. No other doll has warmed my heart so much.

17. I prefer unusual sculpts and you don't get much more unusual than Doll Chateau Barbara, who is most definitely my grail. I have three at present and two more on order due to the short re-release period. Before her discontinuation I wanted more, so I jumped on the opportunity.

18. My grail doll even before starting the hobby is none other than the classic Luts CP Delf El, such a versatile sculpt and I love how androgynous he looks. Just the head sculpt though, because I'm not too fond of the Luts body design and in the beginning, owning 60cm dolls look to be a handfull compared to MSD's.

In the later years, I finally made the decision and got him in three pieces: the opened eyed head as a 2nd hand from DoA Marketplace, the dreaming head from the Luts website before they stopped carrying CP sculpts, and his 60cm body when Doll Fairyland had a promo that allows you to buy it with no head. ^^

#398 Darkness Fatale, Apr 22, 2021
      Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
    19. My grail originally was Dollchateaus Gladys. I know, nothing limited or special. I actually got her not long after joining this website and she became my beloved Wraak.

I loved her face mostly, I got the head and a regular DC youth body.

Right now I guess I dont have a *true* grail anymore. There's dolls I want, but they arent exactly limited.

Another Vic would be nice but he's discontinued, and its not like I neeed another.

And im wanting Gem of Dolls Katyusha and Dianna with fullset and faceups because painting lil dolls is a nightmare for me. But they aren't limited so I got time!

20. I fall for dolls that get discontinued just when I have the funds yet I’ve managed to obtain most of them: Elfdoll Soah and K, French resin Narae (bought secondhand here on DOA) the older Dollshe boys (the New Old Hound and Grown Bermann releases), Dollstown Lucille (disappeared for a time then her head appeared on sale a couple years ago) and Soom Mecha Angel Sabik.

The last 2 on my list: Shinydoll Hikali and Volks Lady Oscar. I’m still kicking myself over Oscar. I had the cash but missed the announcement.

Patience is the key to this hobby. Sooner or later, the grail doll will appear.