1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What Kind Of Eyes Do You Want To See More Of?

Jan 12, 2017

1. I don't think there's already a thread like this? Sorry if there already is! :sweat

Anyway, I was wondering what sort of eyes that people would like to see more of. Is it eyes with coloured pupils or ones without pupils at all? Any specific colours that you want to see? Do you like glitters, stickers, or anything like that in the eyes or do you prefer everything natural looking? Anything else you want to see more of? Please feel free to share your preferences~

I personally really want more pale green eyes, the ones in existence are either too plain or is more blue than green. :pout:

2. "Weird" animal eyes that are actually made for bjd and not taxidermy. Like eyes for frogs and deer with weirdly shaped pupils, but still in the nice bright colors as other bjd eyes, and of course in the right sizes

3. xD Yellow and orange eyes definitely. In any style/material really, but specifically urethane with little crystals and sparkles like Oscardoll eyes would be amazing. I swear I have the hardest time finding bright yellow and orange eyes that fit this criteria. I spent literally years looking for the perfect pair of bright yellow crystal eyes for one of my dolls. Also more cat pupils, I can never have enough of those <3

4. I would really like to see some eyes where the iris has depth. Like instead of having clear glass/resin over a printed image of an eye or some colored glass, I would like the iris' color to show in profile. So many eyes do not do this.

5. Do you mean like this?

6. @Doll-Mage

I can't really tell. The iris on something living is pigmented and on sort of the surface of the eye (is convex). Most eyes give the iris little thickness, or make it sort of cylindrical, so it's just sort of wider in profile.

I keep wondering if I could make my own eyes with the iris more of a hemisphere.

7. Gemstone-inspired eyes. Not just eyes with Swarovski crystal inclusions, but eyes in convincing gem colors. Opal, agate, rainbow obsidian. I've been experimenting with making my own.

8. More small iris eyes.

9. Eyes with horizontal pupils for goats, sheeps, and octopi!

10. I love eyes with tiny flower inside them! Would want to own a pair myself someday.

11. @Alchemical There is a Japanese eye maker that uses semi-precious stone inlays for the iris. I follow them on Twitter. I'll see if I can dig them up!

12. Eyes with glow in the dark irises, or the eye overall glows. I'm looking for something with this effect for a character of mine (a few, actually), and have been having a hard time finding something, and I don't want those LED-lit ones. I also would love for those to have some dimension/realism to them, and not look flat or cartoony.

In general I love realistic looking eyes. I'd love to see more of them in wackier colors and wider range of color schemes. vivid colors, multi-colored, and with depth!:3nodding:

13. Also wanting more fantasy/animal style eyes. It is hard to even find nicer cat eyes as most are flat looking printed acrylic ones.

14. Eyes with no whites, they're a different color instead. Or just totally one color, but they have that quality that catches the light very well.
      Highly realistic sounds really cool too.
      Also the gemstone idea sounds really awesome. I'd love to see some pictures too.

15. Hold on to your socks, 'cause I'm about to blow your mind:
      [​IMG]

Have you seen these eyes by Dollmore?

16. @Doll-Mage
      Ooh! I haven't, thanks, I'd prefer if the entire eyeball was translucent though, do you happen to know if those are available somewhere as well?

Also the sideways cat eye is clever.

17. You'd probably have more luck searching for cabochons like this instead of doll eyes specifically.

18. @Doll-Mage

Yeah, I did think of that XD it would be so simple but unfortunately I'm very picky and animals with horizontal pupils tend to have more of a dumbell-shape to the pupil. So it doesn't really work /:

19. That's an even better idea! I might have to that. Do you think they'd be able to be applied in the same way as normal doll eyes? I don't want to get too off topic, but I am curious.

20. Cabochons can be installed in the same way as flat-back glass eyes. They're also made of glass or acrylic, so there's not much of a difference...