1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What other company has body type like Fairyland MiniFee ?

Sep 15, 2011

1. Fairy Land's MiniFee. I have a doll from Fairy Land (MiniFee Ryeon) and I'm considering getting another. I must say that the body sculpt that FL does for their active line has impressed me but their dolls are pretty expensive. Does anybody know of another company that makes body types similar to Fairy Land?

2. Are you meaning jointing/posing or style-wise? In my opinion there is no other company that comes close to their posing/jointing, and a few that are slim-minis like they are (though none are as aesthetically pleasing in my opinion). Soulkids have a nice, slim mature body, and I've heard Resinsoul does as well. Unoas have slim mature bodies also. None of these pose as well as the mnf a-line.

This thread may end up moved or locked, because I'm not sure this is the place for it...

3. Hopefully only moved, I wasn't sure where to put this so the general forum seemed like a good spot ^.^; I guess the posing as well as the aesthetics. Not really taking exact but pretty close. I've seen some that look good but are jointed weird and vice versa. The doll that I have is both pleasing to the eyes as well as easy to pose. I'll check out the others that you mentioned though. I'm still relatively new at all this so I'm not to familiar with many doll companies.

4. I've heard Dollzone's double-jointed bodies are as good as or better than minifee's for posing, but they're definitely not as pretty in the sculpting category :sweat they are both slim minis, and DZ bodies are $150 (somewhere around there?) cheaper, so if it's posing you're after they might be a good bet. Oh! I've also heard that Doll Leaves bodies are pretty good at posing, although I can't speak from experience yet. They're a little cuter than dollzone's bodies (in my opinion) and just the body is only $128

Good luck in your search!

5. Hmm... checked out the Doll Zone ones and they don't look to bad. You all are right though, Fairy Land does seem to have the best of both worlds as far as posing and aesthetics are concerned. I'm still open for suggestions if anyone else has anymore.

6. LUTS' kid delf body's quite posable. I find the elbows have a larger range of motion than my minifees, but the KDF's knees don't have anywhere near the same degree. Of course, that said, KDFs are one step up from an ironing board.
      DZ's double jointed body is more posable than the MNF's, but the rectangular double joints aren't too nice-looking, and I'm not a big fan of the stubby fingered hands on those.

7. I think the Angel of dream body may be a good option for you...the knees arent as pretty when she is kneeling but the body is very pretty (at least to me) shes built a little more muscular but its lean and toned looking and she has great posing...she is double jointed in her arms and legs, her arms have a lot of movement (she can touch her face and her wrists hold poses well), she has a 3 piece torso and her feet point perfect....better then minifee! lol
      i also have serendipity ISMY body...you cant get them anymore but you can get the DollnDoll Diamond body (which is almost the same) and her legs pose amazing she kneels better then my minifee and can do a lounging pose very naturally... also her arms have hidden double joints so she has nice body lines without sacrificing posablity...the only problem is she has a torso joint the DollnDoll girls dont =/
      ...if you are looking for a boy i would try Withdoll..the girl is pretty but not out yet so im not sure on the posing... the withdoll bodies though are asteticly nice and the posing is pretty good...but ive only played with one once lol
      also ive found that after they are restrung and such the Resinsoul girls actually do hold posses great...they are similar in size and style to the minifee and way more affordable =)
      i hope some of this helps and good luck finding your next doll =)

8. I have yet to handle a doll that comes close to Fairyland's posing, but I haven't thoroughly inspected that many dolls.
      Aesthetically wise, I think the Souldoll MSD's are kind of similar. They gave curves and are mature. Dollmore has their Judith dolls, which are curvy MSD's.