1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What was the first sculpt you could recognize?

Dec 29, 2013

1. Probably Fairyland's Chloe was the first. Or just Fairyland in general, but once a couple years ago and an anime convention I was able to recognize that the doll someone was holding was an Iplehouse.

2. I can recognize a lot of Luts, Soom, Iplehouse, DOD, Volks too >.< but I usually can't name the doll.
      My first ones I could recognize was Luts probably though, because it was the first site I found BJD

3. The first sculpt that I could recognize immediately was DOD Shall! I used to look at pictures of her all the time the year I learned of BJDs in highschool... eight years ago o___O holy crap time flies! So yeah, I would be looking at BJDs and instantly recognize her, totally saved a buncha pics of that sculpt way back then.

In terms of general "Oh-that-sculpt-is-from-that-company" recognition, I sometimes confuse the realistic-looking Soom faces for Iplehouse and vice-versa. Fairyland is pretty easy to recognize for me, since a lot of their faces share similar elements and they're posted a lot to be viewed. Doll Chateau bodies are the easiest to recognize for me, because they got some weirdo jointing (extra wrist joints, neck joints, ankle joints) and gangly look that make them distinctive... plus, I own one! Also, I think Dollpamm faces are very easy to recognize, because they have a pretty distinctive plumpy style to them.

But a lot of face sculpts look very similar to me, where I can't really look at it and go "that's from Company X". I wonder if people who can instantly recognize them either have a more discerning eye for common company styles, or know from pure memorization!

4. I don't remember what the first sculpt was that i recognized, but I always recognize an Iplehouse doll.

5. Switch most definitely, it's those lips I'm telling you.

6. ResinSoul Mei, because shes my first doll hahah

7. Definitely Dollstown Elysia! After looking at a lot of dolls and buying a few others she was my big want with a special faceup. Still can recognize tat sculpt a mile away! Probably my favorite doll over the years! Also the one I redress the most.

8. Fairyland Pong. No other doll has that happy face.

9. Iplehouse Eva as I adore her and she was my first bjd. I have a hard time with many even with dolls I own as dolls can look so different with different faceups.

10. Minifee Chloe! Lol I'm sure she's been mentioned in this thread a million times xD

11. Dollshe Saint , I love the guy to bits .
      He is my grail doll , I wish I could get him but I'm just broke which is so sad D:

12. Funny, I had never been able to recognize a sculpt until this week! I got my first head recently, and when I saw a picture on instagram I immediately realized it was mine! I think it's really hard to recognize them though, it seems I can only do it until I can see the 3D version, kudos to all the people who don't need to!

13. I recognize Iplehouse and most Fairyland dolls because they are so distinctive. I also recognize dolls from 5 Star because that's my favorite company and I have several of their dolls. The dolls from most other companies still all look the same to me.

14. The first sculpt I could recognize is Doll Chateau Queena, because she's the doll my boyfriend has. Other than her, I can recognize Fairyland pukis and Lati's white and yellow lines. I think I'm able to recognize Iplehouse for the most part as well.

15. After scorching the Internet I can recognise Xue from Resinsoul and other from Resinsoul, but I think the first sculpts I could recognise immediately were Iplehouse Ashanti and Iplehouse Asa.

16. I was first exposed to Fairyland, thus--- I was able to recognize fairyland the easiest at first.
      As I dwelled more and more, the next most recognizable company for me was Resinsoul/bobobie. I have thought about ordering one of their dolls, but ended up getting a Doll Love doll.

17. MNF Chloe. She's the one that got me into this hobby. I found her incredibly stunning.

18. I've gotten so much better at recognizing different sculpts, but the first one I could recognize was Unoa Lusis.

19. I can recognize Minifees, Resinsoul and Immortality of Soul sculpts since I often viewed this sites when I was looking for my first doll.

20. Dream Of Doll Luke. I'm sure the first BJD I came across was a DoD and I googled the company and for some reason I kept forgetting their names but Luke always stuck with me.