1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What was your first SD?

Oct 15, 2019

1. My first 60cm body is due to arrive this Wednesday! I'm so excited, I have my first mods planned for this doll and I can't wait. It's a Miro 60cm girl body.

What was your first SD? Did you start out with SDs, or did you start small like I did?

2. Congratulations on being able to get your first doll!!:) i started out with an SD17! He was a 70cm angel fantasy jin which has since been discontinued >< i sold him away though! I own 2 small yosds and 10 SD17 from different companies hehe :) i love big dolls!

3. Congrats on your first SD!

My first doll was an SD girl and it was love at first sight! She's a Beyours pansy, the one in my icon, and I love her so much. She's about two and a half years old now and probably still one of my favorite sculpts. I started big and progressively went smaller haha

4. Congrats! My first SD were 5stardoll Edmund and Emma, plus an extra head, Tumnus. Still have them after nearly 8 years or so. I did sell Edmund but regretted it for a long while, and manage to find him again and bought him back.

5. That's awesome! Congrats on getting your first SD.

For me, I started with SD sized dolls and I went down to MSD and Yo-SD but I still prefer SD. My first doll was a Souldoll Juhl.

6. Congrats!
      My first SD was a Merry Doll Round Fang. I always wanted her and I was lucky enough to get her in the last preorder and I adore her. She is short for a SD, only about 55cm, but she was a good introduction to the size.
      I do hope you have a wonderful time with your new doll :)

7. Hey! My firsr one was an SD too, an iplehouse Jessica. However, my tastes changed and even though I still like SD size, I prefer dolls to be 60cm tall or even a tad shorter rather than 65.

8. My first BJD was a Souldoll Paris.

9. My first SD sized doll was Migidoll Cho. I bought him secondhand through the marketplace. He was not a doll I really planned for or really liked until I saw how others had styled him. I was able to see his potential and he became a doll I had to have. I started with mini sized dolls. I was a little intimidated about owning large dolls at the start of the hobby and I knew I wanted my first doll to be a girl. At the time I didn't come across any large girls that I connected with. I was tempted by several SD boys though! Finding my perfect mini sized girl was awesome. I just knew she was the one. I probably own every size imageable! I love each one for different reasons, but these days I'm more into my large dolls.

10. I started tiny, went YO, then SD, then MSD. Artemis is my SD that started the bigger kids: MYOU Junyao. There are already plans for her brother Apollo.

11. I started out with an MSD-sized doll. However, my first SD was a Luts Senior65 Delf Bory whom I've had for abut 3 years now. I think I prefer MSD sizes, but I still love the larger dolls :aheartbea

12. My first SD sized doll from way way back was a DOT Lahoo! (I still have him in storage.) He was also my first brand new doll. My first two were pre-loved and MSD sized. Lahoo took like 6 months to arrive.

13. My first doll was 72cm and a hybrid too. So I just went all in straight away! He was a Modoll minimee Thranduil on a T&D body. I still have him. Although I’ve got a few sizes now, I still like the big dolls and they make up most of my collection!

14. Hi, my first SD was just a head for about 10 years. I always wanted to get her a body, but my crew was entirely tiniest, then minutes. After taking a break from dolls n stuff for a few years, I came back to DO A and decided I'd finally get her a body. Before her body even came, I already had other SDs arrive, LOL. So... I still consider her my first.

15. Congrats on your SD! My first doll was a SD, a Delf Lishe (in my icon) and I love her dearly. She's been my only full doll for all this time, and I definitely love the size and cuddly-ness of SD's. I hope you love yours!

16. My first SD I believe was Impldoll Plaice! Still have him. Sadly his body parts got separated some how in the move which never got put back together. I actually lean towards SDs then any other size. Maybe its how detailed they look. Not quite sure.

17. My first SD was a Dream of Doll Tender Shall I got in 2008 and I still have her!

18. Back in 2004 or 2005, my first BJD was an SD size.

He's a Lut's CP Delf Chiwoo. < The one in my picture over there.

Nowadays he's one of a large exteded Victorian family of children, but back then he was my lone little boy.

Teddy

19. My first SD (and first doll to arrive) was SWITCH Taeheo, and he is a hybrid. :3nodding: He's fairly neglected since I have upgraded to even taller guys. :sweat I don't actually have anything smaller than SD, and I'm really hesitating to move down and try something smaller because I really enjoy the size factor that SD offers. *_*

20. My first doll is dollzone - Robin. He is a gift from my father for my 18th birthday. I really love him <3 and he has accompanied me for 5 years (and also witnessed me to buy and sell many dolls lol). Surely I will never sell him ~