1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the most creative thing you've seen in this hobby

Dec 19, 2016

1. I'd love to hear about what creative or innovative things you've seen in this hobby? It can be a doll's sculpting itself, a mod, a special feature of a doll (for example I've seen a doll with changeable tongues which I thought was quite a unique idea.) A particular face up or wig or outfit, a particular pair of eyes? I'd love to hear about any of your guys favorite creators or creations. if you have pictures I'd love to see. I love seeing what some people do with their dolls, sometimes it's so amazing seeing how much a doll transforms depending on what the owner does with it. Hopefully this makes sense.

2. The most creative/unique thing I've seen in this hobby are the old people mods I've seen floating around. I think they're beautiful and, honestly, I wouldn't mind an older doll done in a similar way. Older people rock anyways. ;-)

3. The character dolls, like oh my gosh some of them are done so amazingly!

4. ohh modded conjoined twin dolls!! honestly the coolest thing... so much time n effort!!

5. There's someone I follow on Instagram named Culur who is sculpting their own BJD! She's gorgeous, and is gonna get casted! I hope to buy one someday, and I feel that's very impressive that they could do something like thay~

6. I saw someone modded a BJD to look like Emily from the Corpse Bride. I think that was my favorite since they did all the mod work for the ribs and dyed the doll and it just looked like it would be labor intensive. pretty cool. :)

7. I'd have to say the multi-arm mods on dolls. I'd love to have one myself!

8. Probably not the same one, but my friend has a doll that was modded into Corpse Bride. It looks completely amazing! I'm also really impressed with the engineering of the new Fairyland centaur (and quite please I don't need one, lol) and Raquel Clemente did a full bodyblusing of a set of wings recently that looked like porcelain. Probably the most beautiful blush work I've ever seen!

9. I once saw pics of a doll torso here on DoA that had been modded to hold a Steampunk heart with lots of tiny little gears. Most awesome thing I've seen, so far, in this hobby.

10. I remember someone on FB who had a secondhand doll arrive poorly packed enough for the feet to have broken off - so he modded them into Steampunk prosthetics.

11. When I was new to the hobby (so like 10 years ago) there was a lady who had a small building in her yard, sort of like a shed, but the entire thing was nothing but doll dioramas. It was like a little house and she had so many amazing tiny details with everything in scale. I thought that was the most amazing thing! Now, I have my own doll room full of dioramas, and it's all because I was so inspired by hers.

12. So far the most creative and original thing I've seen has been Circus Kane's Moon doll. I never would've dreamed of creating a doll with a moon-shaped head.

A close second is Angel of Dream's 2014 Christmas head, entitled simply "Skull." I put the Skull head at number two because I actually could envision a doll company attempting a head like that.

13. I'm personally in awe of the Tony Stark dolls that are out there - the ones where the owners have been brave / inspired / creative / determined enough to cut a hole in the doll's torso in order to put in an arc reactor (that lights up!).

Seriously. I just think they're amazing and offer my sincere kudos to those who have done it.

14. I can't get enough of others doll house and diorama projects! There are so many styles I would love to try to create for different moods and seasons but I have zero space and know-how so for now I just seek and admire... One day I hope to have some of my own!

15. Puki Trek

16. Martha Boers bjd costumes and photographs. I mean...WOW, just WOW!

17. @rosalynmouse Wow! Martha Boers is incredibly talented, her work is phenomenal!

18. I'm not sure if she's on here, but I follow her on Instagram @loo.luisa on there, and ALL of her dolls are amazing and super creative. I get so excited when I see her dolls in my feed, they are seriously incredible.

19. Martha Boers is on DOA, and her outfits and costumes are the best I've ever seen! They are truly awesome! It's a huge WOW factor! I love her eye for details, and her amazing creativity. Her costumes is what every doll would dream to wear :thumbup

20. I'm really impressed by creative/innovative jointing systems like Bimong from Narindoll's new extra poseable sculpts.

Also I just saw a very unusual doll that the artist cast with multiple resins and glitter swirled into the forehead. That's pretty cool. And there are many interesting non-human dolls out there, again with the innovative jointing systems....I feel like I'm forgetting many examples at the moment, but there is a lot of astonishing creativity out there in the doll hobby.