1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your Danger Company?

Jan 11, 2023

1. What company has the strongest grip on your wallet? Not necessarily your favourite, or the one you have more of, but is there a company whose dolls you see and immediately have to buy one (or stop yourself from doing so)?

For me, even though I think Souldoll might be my favourite in terms of aesthetics, Alchemic Labo's Unoa are always Danger for my wallet. Twice now I've seen one secondhand and almost immediately bought it (first, a Chibi Lilin last year, and recently a B-El). Meanwhile, I already have two Souldolls and am saving up because I have more planned-- but I still had to jump on those Unoas!

Anyone else have an experience like that?

2. I feel like it's probably pretty common but I'd say Switch is my danger company. I already have two heads at home, one on the way, and another pretty closed to wrapping up the sale. I've never successfully bought a doll new from them, but every time a switch doll pops up on the marketplace I can't help but look and then tell myself that no I don't have room for another SD but clearly it has not stopped me. I can't help but wish that I could find more room in my tiny living space so that I could be more reckless with my spending.

3. oh yeah, I totally have that problem. For the most part I love having a pretty varied collection since while I choose each of my dolls with love, I'm also a collector at heart. As a result, I really prioritize getting dolls from companies I haven't bought from before if I can. That said, I have a serious weakness for fairyland dolls. Every time they drop a new doll, I'm immediately there and trying to decide if I should try to budget to get it and throw off all my dolly plans. Same with dream valley, they just release so many absolutely amazing dolls and I'm endlessly debating with myself if I should spring for their newest release or not.

4. Migidoll will not stop robbing me.

Please, Migidoll. Please...continue. :XD:

5. Right now it's Studio Bitamin. In the past, it was Soom. :D

6. I'm in a weird place with my collection habits right now but if I had to pick one: Fairyland.

Which is *super* annoying because I actually don't *want* to like FL, most of my collection is FL and I want to expand into other doll companies but ... ugh. But dang it I *have* to look at every release. And objectively I don't like a lot of the FL sculpts as my taste has skewed into different styles over the years but here I am... judging each release to see if it's worth changing my plans.

7. I don't think I have a danger company. I don't get the desire to buy dolls unless I can think of a character for them, and so far, that hasn't really happened to me much coming back to the hobby. Earlier in the hobby, when my financial situation was different and I was more willing to buy dolls without a strong character behind them, I probably would have said Luts or Soom. I still always find myself keeping an eye on Soom releases in the hopes they release something I'd be super into.

8. I'm really weak for LUTS but I eye Fairyland and Soom SO HARD that my eyes might fall out. When I buy my birthday Celine, I might really find a new Danger Company.

9. For me, Soom/Luts/Volks. I own a lot of Soom dolls and I always look at their new releases. For Luts and Volks, it's more the clothes/wigs/accessories and SOME dolls. But my collection is also very varied. I like to look at a lot of companies but can talk myself out of a lot of things too.

10. Dream Valley is definitely my danger company, I'm weak for well made and engineered fantasy parts. Plus their MSDs aren't childish looking but not too mature, which is what I like in aesthetic.

11. Luts. I love a lot of their sculpts and their faceups and clothes. Plus they were my first resin doll order so they will always have that special place in my heart. Another company I love like everything they do is peaks woods but I don't own any of their dolls lol. I look at their site all the time and just admire :sweat

12. I'm finding my ultimate weakness is probably dream valley or doll chateau because of their monster vibes. also there are a handful of independent artists that do at home casting that im constently eye balling

13. Dearmine and Luts, by far.

14. Thirding Dream Valley. A monstrous half-woman/half-mantis? Here's my paycheck. A corpse mermaid? Have my paycheck.
      Oh, you made a human body with the mermaid torso? Take my money.
      I have to unfollow them on Instagram, I swear. Every new release, it's like WANT. :love

15. Agreeing with the Dream Valley answers, I've proven my will is seriously strong after only buying one single doll from them last year! And this year is already looking dangerous from their cute new dragon's photos alone... :love
      I would say Dearmine too, but to a lesser degree because I've seen the ones I like up for secondhand sale more often, so I know if the itch gets too strong, it won't be that bad to find one, nor as expensive as a DV doll with all the fantasy parts for sure LOL.

16. many years I was addicted from Soom, I love their fantasy creatures and sculpts, but last 4 years they lost yourselves (for me). :(
      Another y weakness it's - Ringdoll, LoongSoul, Dream Valley. Last years I'm all time in l/a on their bjds :blush

17. 白零 WHITE doll might be turning into my danger company. I ordered the 29cm body and I am feeling a temptation for the upcoming 31cm body too even though I haven't received the 29cm one yet.

18. Harucasting, hands down.

19. Ringdoll, all the dolls I own are from them and they are the ones that got me into bjd.
      I think their dolls are super beautiful (especially their historical ones) so now I am weak and I want almost all the ones they release :doh.
      It’s safe to say that if I hadn’t found Ringdoll, I would not be into bjds.
      Don’t get me wrong, I like dolls from other companies, but not enough to own them.

20. My "Danger Companies" tend to be the ones that offer dolls within a certain price and size range and have face and/or body sculpts that have some variety of features/shapes that I find interesting.

Doll Leaves has a variety of face shapes and price point that hit a couple of sweet spots. Resinsoul has some really unique face shapes in a nice variety of colors that I want to hybrid on different bodies. Dream Valley makes such good fantasy dolls that make my inner child happy and they advertise pretty well, so I get reminders that they exist. Soom's cute fantasy faces and fun colors have almost got me twice, like account made and doll in cart almost there... but shipping fees and the extremely limited release schedule just haven't lined up with my budget.

Then there's the artist dolls... that are also fantastically creative and come in even more fun shapes, colors, and sizes.