1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

When is it alright to accuse someone of copying your doll/someone else's doll?

Aug 16, 2007

1. i think it is very unreasonable for someone to copy another person's idea especially if they don't ask for consent or do it in a way that is that hurts your feelings. in the first place, it is horrible to steal ideas from someone especially if they had worked hard on their ideas.

2. I wish I can favorite this post! Took the word right out of my mouth.

And onto my rambling! xD;

There will DEFINITELY be coincidences where a character will be similar or someone has bought a mixture of the same items that you have to apply to their doll. As mentioned before; this happens especially applies to art and character design/creation. Not only that but it is common for people to be inspired and take an idea but make it their own without copying.

A prime example would be: I enjoy the hair color, skin tone and dress of your character. I take the color pallet and think of how I can apply it to mine and still create my own character. I may have similar colors but the two characters are very easy to tell apart when put side by side. However, if I have not came across your character before and still enjoyed the same color scheme we might have similar looking characters--- but there will be small differences.

Only when your character is literally... an exact copy will I consider the possibilities of trying to "steal" (for lack of a better word) an idea. In this situation, I would take it privately and out of the public's eye.

I have had my art traced, stolen, etc. The best way to always take care of a situation like such is to do so quietly and politely. Unless they are making a profit off of your product without consent and permission.

In the case of BJD collecting: Luckily that is something I think most of us don't have to worry about! ^^