1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

When was the first Super Dollfie released?

Dec 9, 2004

1. When was the first Super Dollfie released by volks? Please only answer if you know.

Also, were they the first or was there another company which produced a comparable style doll besides them?

2. 1998 (please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's AFAIK) and they were the first to produce dolls of that size/type.

3. I think 1998 was correct. :)

4. It was Ian, right? Or no?

5. I think the standard SDs came out in 1998 (four sisters, Mimi, and I believe Nono). The first MSD (Ian) was released at a later dollpa... 1999, maybe?

6. Yes, 1998. An ad in HD says 1999 but I think that's an error. I saw them in the Akihabara store when they first came out but I was only interested in 1/6 dolls at the tilme. I don't remember well but I believe Sara/Nana/Kira/Megu were first, then Nono, then Mimi.

7. Phew- I was a little worried cos I'd been telling people I had seriously contemplating buying once since 9th grade, back in 2000, but I could've sworn I'd seen them on the net even before, just didn't have a big interest in "such an expensive doll" without a job and such. I knew I've wanted one since 9th grade... but it's definitely good to know they were out at least a year or two before I seriously wanted one.

Aimee- how long have you had your first? I could probably find the info on your site.

8. yup! that's right! the add is incorrect, but the interview article has the correct date. :)

9. Rio was before Mimi. You will find a time line in La Carte d'un Ange, and dates given in the SD bible. According to the SD bible -

4 sisters were 28 feb 1999
      Nono was 1 Jan 2000
      Rio was 10 Dec 2000
      Ian was 10 Dec 2000
      Mimi was 3 June 2001

Ken

10. Well, I may be wrong. I thought I remembered seeing them first in 1998, but maybe my memories are confused.

11. hrm, that's weird because for a long time I think volks' page actually said 1998, and that's what they said also in the interview with haute doll. now I'm curious! ha... :D