1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Which country are you from? is bjd popular in your country?

Jun 2, 2020

1. I come from China, in my country, bjd has become popular in recent years, but bjd is still a hobby of a small number of people. What about you?

2. I live in Denmark and BJDs are not very popular here. There used to be a Danish BJD forum that was very active- but not anymore. But in general, I feel any sort of doll-collecting overall is not very popular here in my country- which is a little bit sad to be honest.

3. I live in Dominican Republic; it seems I’m the only BJD Collector in the entire island.

4. I'm from the US from what I've theres quite a number of doll collectors and conventions, but I'm still a newbie so I don't really know just how big bjd collecting is here.

5. I'm from germany and I guess Bjds are still a small niche hobby here, there are some german forums out there but they are not super activ, like the whole german community.

6. I'm from the Netherlands. We got a group of about 100-200 collectors I think, but it's kind of split in smaller groups: vinyl (Smartdoll/DD), resin and recast. So I mostly hang out with the vinyl group which is a fun little group.

We used to have our own forum, but it kind of died a few years ago and then everyone moved to Facebook. We have our Dutch facebook groups now, combined with the Dutch speaking collectors of Belgium.

7. Ukraine, it's not a lot of us here. at least those who found local community but it's quite dead. maybe there are some people just remain silent

8. I'm from the USA, but live in a very small touristy town, where we are lucky to have anything that isn't meant for tourists to enjoy. I don't think doll-collecting of any sort is popular in the USA, it's mostly still seeing as something immature adult people collect. If you look at YouTube doll-or-toy-related channels, it's not that popular and a lot of people get really mean or rude comments about them collecting toys, if they are adult hosts. There was even an issue with COPPA, and a lot of the adult doll/toy collectors there were worried their channels would die, because of COPPA's outdated rules. Just to clarify incase there is any confusion, when I say "adult collector," I mean people who are considered adults and collect toys, and not people who collect adult-toys or sex-toys -- it may or may not be taken that way, but I just want to make double sure there is no confusion. I avoid saying "mature" because being mature has little to do with age, or hobbies. (:

9. i'm originally from South Korea, but live in USA now. since USA is a big country, i think the population of bjd hobby is really depending on the areas... in where I live right now, i can barely find any bjd collectors here which is sad. :/ so I tend to spend my bjd hobby time on internet rather than taking my dolls to some meetups bc there isnt any meetup. :( But in South Korea, Bjd hobby is getting really popular recently. Especially those young teens get interested in this culture by watching random bjd hauling videos on youtube.

10. I'm also from the Netherlands and in the same Facebook group. I also joined the Flemish Facebook group from Belgium. I'm not sure about the amount of collectors, but the Facebook groups are rather small, I think pretty active though. We have a small convention, and we had people who were arranging regular meets before Covid19.

11. It's a shame EDF (our convention) was cancelled for next year. Hopefully we can do meetups again soon. I miss socializing with BJD people :'D

12. I don’t think it’s a huge hobby anywhere tbh. I’m in the U.K. and it seems like a pretty small community here.

13. .

#13 Magical Rin, Jun 2, 2020
      Last edited: Aug 24, 2023
    14. I live in the US and there’s quite a bit of bjd interest in my state and meetups all over, we used to have a bjd store too. There’s about 4-5 physical stores in the US that sell bjd, some of them sell dolls of all kinds though.

15. Well, I don’t care! American here, I just love BJD’s and will take quality over quantity anytime. We should start thinking of ourselves as elites. We found a great hobby, and we are passionate.

Had to laugh, Enzyme, at your disclaimer on adult toys. So true, people could misunderstand. However, these dolls are part of a centuries-old tradition of miniaturing. The antique European toys can be phenomenal museum quality pieces. We should remember that we can add to this tradition.

At least, that is what I plan to do. I am a trained couture sewist. My new Iplehouse will arrive soon, and then I can post her lovely wardrobe! Look forward to your comments, everyone! ❤️

16. That's exactly what I would have said to this question. ;) Well, I'm from Germany, too. :kitty2

Besides a friend of mine I never meet other BJD owners. Apart from that I only have contact to other doll collectors through a German BJD forum and here on DoA. In my opinion BJDs never were made for the masses. Only a few people keep themself busy with this hobby. But that is fine with me. :kitty2;)

17. USA and my area is very active with two conventions within driving distance and local meet ups. I chose to keep to myself, but could socialize if I wanted.

18. I’m in Kentucky, US. There are more BJD owners here than I expected but it’s not a very popular hobby in my area. Within my state, I’ve met maybe around 30 owners? Though only about 5-10 make it to regular meets.

19. I live in a small town in New York, and there's not even a whisper of BJD collectors. I know of one person who lives closer to a larger city, who has a couple dolls. But that's it. It's still an uncommon thing here, the only dolls that are "normal" to collect are porcelain dolls. Even then, it's far and few between.

20. I am in Florida U.S. there are a small gathering of collectors on the east side of my state in Orlando, but it is further from me. I do see people from my state that have BJD's and even found out recently that a friend I know used to collect them. It's not popular in my state, but it is also not unheard of.