1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Which girls are most realistic?

May 12, 2007

1. I was thinking of getting a larger girl- one with realistic facial features. I love my 43 cm narae, but I don't know if I want a big one. I have had my eye on dot shall, but what other girls would you recommend, besides narae and Limhwa for the most realistic? I know Shall has those big eyes, but I might make the exception because I love Sha's look.
      Thanks!

2. For more realistic facial proportions, I'd recommend any of the Elfdoll dolls. In some of the sculpts their eyes can be a bit large, but certainly not as much as most other dolls. More importantly, their faces are not so shortened and childlike as many of the sculpts out there are. They look much more "adult".

3. Um, I would nominate a DollsTown sculpt like my DT Ariel. To me, she looks more realistic than my Soony, Kateri. Most of the DollsTown sculpts by Torre look more realistic than most I have seen. I hope that helps!
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      Even with bright blue hair, to me, she looks so real.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      These pics are for examples- I can remove them later if they are taking too long to load- I just wanted you to see what I meant. :-)

4. Personally I love the new Elfdoll girl June (I believe her name is) and IH Silvia is always stunning in my books.

5. Elf Doll girls, or Limhwa. :)

6. Dollmore Models have very realistic proportions.

7. June is very pretty, I like Sooah, but for some reason, I keep thinking she looks angry... Those dollmore models were the others I was thinking about, but the lips weren't what I imagined...

Ariel is so cute- thanks for the pics!

Thanks!!

8. I think the most realistic girls other than Narae are the Limhwa, Supia, and Dollstown girls and certain Volks girls if painted right.

My only problem with the Elfdoll girls is that their faces are so absolutely perfectly symmetrical that they become more like femme-bots than real people. I do like them (RuRu:aheartbea), but that's what prevents me from calling them realistic.

I really like the DoTs, but Shall is very, very stylized. I have a Camine girl sitting next to my Dollstown Mui and my Dollshe Bermann and she looks like she's from another planet. She's even less realistic looking than the CP's in the house. I don't mind the difference, but it's there. :sweat

9. I'd say dollstown, my second choice would be Elfdoll.

10. In my opinion, Naraes are the most realistic dolls - but you mentioned them already. XD I also really love Kaye's sculpts, they are adorable and I think pretty realistic. :D

11. Narae would be my number one thought, but what about the Unidoll girls? Except for the elfin girl they are very realistic looking.

http://www.unidoll.com/

12. o.O I can't believe I didn't even think of Narea or Limhwa girls, especially with love I have going on for them right now. They're definitely some gorgeous ladies.

13. Now, i may be biased, but i'd definetly say a Limhwa, I swear she comes alive at night. or the new souldoll girl Hye...she's pretty realistic as well as the other mentioned...

[​IMG]

14. Seconding the DT girls. Especially with the pretty new girl body coming out, they look much more realistic then most of the dolls on the market.

15. I think the new F-34 by volks is pretty realistic

16. i would say Limhwa and Supia's Roda. Okay, im a big fan of both. And i love dolls that looks realistic.

17. Gorgeous picture of your Half Elf! And I have to say that Half Elf is the most realistic sculpt I've seen so far.

18. Some of the SoulDolls can look quite realistic.

19. I second the Limhwa girls. To me she is the most realistic looking, as well as the most beautiful, of all the female dolls.

20. LOL
      My first thought when I read the title of the post was Narae... Aside from her, I love the elfdoll girls, and am saving for SOAH for the same reason of loving realistic looks. I have a kineticdoll who is amazingly realistic and absolutely gorgeous, but a major note is that she has painted eye faceup vs. insertable eyes.

Becca the Alice