1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Who do you talk to and share you BJD ideas with?

Jun 26, 2015

1. My sister knows how much I fangirl over BJDs, but I do talk a lot with my other BJD friend, who has a similar name to one of my dolls weirdly enough. We talk a lot (everyday?) so it's a lot of fun. We're making ideas together and we have characters who interact with each other so that's awesome.

2. I talk to myself :...( LOL I walk up and down going over it all - I whisper incase the neighbours think I'm nuts :XD: If I talk to family about it they just blank me - like it frightens them to even think about those scary dolls for a minute - guess it might haunt their dreams otherwise :eek:

I do my best thinking and planning when I'm pacing up and down in my home though - I find it a great de-stresser as it burns off mental and nervous energy (which I have far too much of), gets me some exercise, and fills my mind with happy thoughts :whee: Like last night I checked the front door was locked before going to bed, as I always obsessively do, even though I know I lock it obsessively when I come in.... and it was unlocked! :o This is a rough neighbourhood, and last week my purse was stolen, with my address in! So talking (or whispering) out loud about dolly plans for an hour took my mind off all the terrible 'what if' scenarios running through my mind last night! Stayed up way past my bedtime, but on the plus side, I now know exactly how I'm styling and dressing every doll on my wishlist for the next 3 years :XD:

#222 elve, Oct 20, 2016
      Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    3. Agreed! My boyfriend is an amazing sport, but I wish I had more friends that were into dolls. Talking on here is certainly helping, though!

4. I have a friend that collects pullips so I normally talk to her about BJDs, or I'll just talk to my mum or my other friends even if they are not in the hobbie.
      But alot of the time I'll just talk to myself and draw things out cause its easier for me :)

5. i do almost all of my doll planning/idea brainstorming with @JE11897

6. this is true however it cant give me that feel that a face to face conversation can give me. I wish I had friends in the hobby or we would have meets in my area

7. I have talked to my parents about my hobby a little bit but they definitely don't get it, they think it's a weird hobby and wasteful but everyone's entitled to their opinion. I find though that the people I have met at anime conventions and comic con are a lot more accepting and understanding of hobbies like this so I always enjoy talking to people about bjd in these settings. Other than that, I am hoping this site puts me in contact with more potential friends who are as enthusiastic as I am about BJD.

8. Oh yeah, I feel like the anime convention crowd is pretty accepting of most things (I've been going to them for nine years or so). All of my in-person exposure to dolls thus far have been at conventions. I think things like anime, lolita, dolls, ect. are hobbies that somehow go really well together!

9. @imari-chan That is very true, the hobbies you mentioned really do go hand in hand and compliment the BJD hobby.

10. I will talk to my friend who has the same hobby. I have a friend, she is a knowledgeable person about BJDs, and I always ask her the BJDs' question.

11. i have a friend who owns a huge doll collection which included a bjd at one stage, so i can always talk to them! since i live at home, i also plan to share things about the hobby with my mum, since she'll be seeing them a lot most likely.
      id also love to make some friends within the hobby :'- ) everyones so nice, we can all just chat about everything even if we dont know each other!

12. I would talk to my best friends about it. I got them into the doll hobby because of my pullips. We would get together and do some crafts for our pullips. I would talk to them about bjd crafts and they would listen and give some ideas. :)

13. I usually just talk to my mom about it, because she's very supportive of my hobby and enjoys going shopping for fabric so I can make clothes. She also thinks I should get into wig-making too.

Unfortunately I don't have any friends who are into the hobby :pout:

14. It's pretty hilarious currently I'm working on hand sewing all the clothes for my first doll while talking to my roommate. He's computer is currently being fixed so he plays overwatch on mine so that way I don't get distracted by it. So as he's playing I'm just sewing, complaining whenever I move faster than my brain thinks and stab myself, and bounce off ideas with him. It's the best.

15. When I first got into BJDs I got a couple of my friends into it with me and we spent a lot of time talking about BJDs online! We exchanged ideas, talked about what dolls we wanted, etc. Sadly, I'm not really in contact with either of them any more and neither is active on DoA at all. That means I don't really have anyone to talk about BJD things with, which is terrible. I've tried to show them to one of my good friends, but she's pretty clearly not really interested, which is so disappointing to me. :pout:

I've been extra active on DoA because I've been feeling very BJD-lonely lately.

16. I don't know anyone in real life who is also into dolls but I find that my artsy and more creative friends are always more open to "weird" hobbies. Hopefully I'll be able to make some online friends who are into dolls too.

17. Like a lot of you im talking about it with my sister (and she is usualy lending me money for them)
      I also talk with people on the net about it but i wouldnt dare to walk arround town with my doll

18. I just talk to my husband, but I don't have any BJD friends. I'm the weirdo.

19. My doll group, mostly. We have a chat constantly going and while I can't get to meets very often because work, I can still talk to them and gush about ideas and dolls and whatnot.

20. I talk and share my ideas in the doll hobby most of the time to my 2 friends who are also into the hobby ^U^