1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Who do you talk to and share you BJD ideas with?

Jun 26, 2015

1. I mostly talk about them with my partner! He's the person I spend the most of my time with, so he ends up having to listen to me fawn over pretty dolls a lot of the time! :3nodding: He's very sweet and accepting of them, even though he's not a huge fan of dolls, which I think is part of the reason I finally took the leap and bought my first doll!

2. I mention my doll plans to some extent to pretty much anyone I care to keep around - though I rarely go in depth with most people unless they seem genuinely interested. I also blab significantly with my primary partner (and to be fair, they blab quite a bit about their GunPla plans) I don't really talk about it too much with my other partners, just because it doesn't seems to be much of an interest to them beyond it being something that, at least, makes me happy

3. I will share a little with the people in my life and, as they love me, they'll listen but there's no real interest; I usually keep my doll plans to myself.

4. The first person will always be my mom poor her she would listen to me for hours :XD:.
      Then I move to my sisters and they would give me their opinions and they'll help me decide which one to get :celebrate,
      but then I have my tow brother they'll ignore me or pretend like they were listening :mwahaha

5. I actually share them with my girlfriend, who more or less is alright with the hobby and usually finds some of the dolls to be unnerving. She's liked the ones I've brought home, though I only have 3 (a DollZone Big Dipper and 2 Luts Delf girls.)
      She hears me out and I show her all these inspirational bits and pieces and I use her to help keep my bank account safe from splurges!

6. I usually don't share my ideas with anyone. I don't know any body irl who does collect dolls so I keep it to myself. And I'm not too close with anyone online to the point of sharing my ideas

7. Mostly i talk to my two friends who r also into this hobby , Its great to have friends (irl) that also Into the same hobby as you when one of us getting new doll the other two will feel the excitements of waiting for the doll hahaha,n also recently the three of us Just sent our doll heads for faceup together to the same artist . (๑>؂<๑)

8. I mostly talk about my plans to my boyfriend or my mother. They politely listen but the conversations are pretty one-sided because they're not in the hobby so they don't have much to say. Besides that I keep my plans/ ideas to myself. This fall I'm moving to a city that I think has a more active BJD community, so I'm hoping to eventually make some friends that I can talk with. ;)

9. I'll tall to anyone who will give me the time of day! I talk about my dolls obsessively. I do talk more in depth about my dolls developing stories to my sister.

10. I talk to my sister and best friend about all things dolly. They have no interest in collecting dolls. I hear them constantly ranting and raving about their games(mostly World of Warcraft) so they in turn can hear about my dolly rants and raves.

11. I have a roommate who is always a part of the community. He doesn't currently have his own doll however, but he is working on it. We've made plans to start modeling and casting our own dolls, and we make clothing and accessories together.

12. Well, quite frankly, I don't have any friends. :lol: I think if I had friends, even non-dolly people, I'd talk with them. But since I don't, I mostly talk with my husband. He's so supportive and always listens to my dolly rambles, even if he doesn't understand a single word I'm saying! But he always listens to me and even helps me sometimes, i.e. with picking which wig, eyes etc. is better.
      I also sometimes talk about dolls with my mom. I know she thinks BJD's are a waste of money, but I also know she knows they're important to me, and seeing that I don't live at home anymore and do have my own money now, she listens and even asks questions and so on. :)

13. I tend to talk about dolls with my aunt, who I introduced to the hobby. At this point, it's the primary topic of our conversations.

14. I have some friends who have BJDs, but I seem to be the most active one.
      I share my ideas with 1 of them who has dolls from the same company as mine.
      We do mini doll meet at times while we do catchup in cafes. Really good times.
      I also share my ideas with my boyfriend who will sit there and hear me attentively. So sweet. :whee:

15. A wonderfully patient friend who mostly doesn't care but is willing to humor me. Although he did seem to kind of like the pictures of boy dolls I've sent him and thought it was hilarious when I told him they're all more or less anatomically correct.

16. Den of Angels. Instagram.
      I don't have anyone to talk to about dolls, if I'm being honest. It's one thing to post what you've already made or received, but the only thing I can do is draw my ideas! So there are papers lying about with clothes, wigs, doll designs all around me! It does get pretty lonely, though.

17. I've made a few friends through this forum, and I share my ideas with them. I also have my two wonderful non-doll friends who love to see pictures and make suggestions.

18. The only other person I know right now who's into BJDs is my boyfriend. We live together so that's mostly all I need, haha. Though he's even more into the hobby than I am, so it's more like HIM talking to ME about it a lot of the time....

19. I'm usually in the closet with my dollie interests. I don't think most people I know appreciate such things. I mean, they can drop money for expensive designer bags. But I happen to have interests that aren't as...generic? (well a close friend of mine has said such a thing to me). I only have the one friend who encouraged me to get my first doll - bless her! So I have only that one friend. However I hope to meet people during dollnorth next year so I can talk to others about dolls. Sadly I have to wait until may. So it'll be a long time before I get to see anyone irl here.

If I do talk about dollies, its with you guys :3nodding:

20. I'm lucky enough to have my best friends be into bjds too! That's because I "infected" them though. :sweat My husband doesn't much care for bjds but he's occassionally forced to listen my blabbering too. My mother loves my dolls, especially because of all the opportunities for crafting - she's a crafts/textilework teacher.