1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Who do you talk to and share you BJD ideas with?

Jun 26, 2015

1. Sometimes I talk about bjd with my mother. She likes them too).

2. I talk to my wife and a few friends. But it is always great to have people to talk to. Especially about something I am passionate about

3. I talk to my fiance or a couple of my friends who like bjds

4. I once spoke to a good friend about my first boy and after she said he was a waste of money I never spoke to her about my hobbies anymore.

Sometimes I show my mum some of my dolls' stuff like their shoes and clothes. She doesn't really understand the hobby but she likes all the cute tiny stuff especially the doll shoes LOL.

Most of the time, I just chat on DOA or with the few friends I've made on DOA. Talking to fellow BJD collectors are easier because they understand your joy and feel your pain when it comes to the hobby!

5. I talk to a friend of mine who also has an interest in dolls. I could talk to her for hours and look at her beautiful collection. She has great ideas and is super creative. She is the first one who got me inspired about BJDs. However, now I am more into VOLKS Dollfie Dreams / anime-inspired dolls rather than resin dolls.

6. I talk to my sister about it. She’s always had an ear open whenever I wanted to get into something new. Whether that be dolls or comic books. She’s always listened. And recently I’ve been talking about BJDs to my significant other. She’s never heard of BJDs so she’s just really curious about it.

I don’t really talk to my parents about it in depth by I’ll show them something and my mom would always be “oh that’s pretty. I love it!” And my dad would always say “that’s weird but looks good”

7. I am fortunate enough to have ensnared a real-life friend into my hobby several years back. Some of her dolls are even characters in the story I’ve written about mine, and she’s been incredibly generous to let me help shape their personalities to suit. (She even allowed me to name her newest boy—phhhhh I felt like I was naming someone’s child!) Between the books, photostories and plans for the crew, as we call them, we always have plenty to text about... which is good because she lives 10 hours away by car. :(

I also blabber about dolls to my husband, but I’m not certain how much he retains beyond “$, $$$, charactername $$ prop $ $$$ $ Christmas present $$ $$$~”

8. all my friend's ether hate dolls, are afraid of them or think that my hubby is childish and a waste of money.

9. Happy new year everyone! although its been 10 days since we have entered 2018.
      I can only talk to my bjd/doll friends that i met on facebook or instagram.
      Most of my friends don't like dolls, and they think that I am childish, or have nothing better to do.
      But I am really glad that I get to meet friends who share common interest with me, During dollmeet, we can literally spend hours talking about dolls, and that makes me really happy!

10. I have an online friend who I am super close to,
      We got on the subject of dolls at one point and she used to make doll clothes for her toys so she shares in the passion like I do.
      We send one another doll images all the time and she's my main source of doll spamming.
      My best friend who lives about 3 hours from me has a mother who sculpts beautiful dolls, so she was introduced to dolls in an early age and has an appreciation for them. I show her my projects from time to time :)

11. Honestly no one really?

I've been a doll collector prior to BJDs as well, and I didn't know anyone else who also collected (nor was the internet really a thing back then), so I have always been able to get on very well enjoying my hobby alone. When my best friend became interested, we shared a lot of doll-related time then, but she's since moved cross-country and is several times zones behind me now. We definitely do talk BJDs occasionally, but we spend most of our online time together catching up on other things. I don't honestly miss it much as I've always been pretty self-sufficient in the hobby but I do enjoy visiting the forums here and going to the occasional meet-up!

12. im lucky enough to have a few really good friends that are always happy to chat with me about dolls! only one of them is another collector, but the others still have a big appreciation for them, so we can talk about sculpts and clothes and our dream dolls all day long!

13. My bf have 1 girl but he is not as enthusiast as me, but i have a few doll friends i chat on a regular basis. :)

14. I only talk to my boyfriend about it, he's really supportive! He's even told me before that he'd love to cuddle on the couch and watch me do doll stuff, and he's excited for when I get my boys in and start doing youtube videos!

15. Luckily close friends I've made are all interested in the hobby and are just as interested in shelling my characters as I am so that's about it. When it comes to eyes and clothes and things I'm lucky enough that my parents are very supportive and help me decide on what works with what best.

16. I talk with my boyfriend sometimes, but I don't think he cares that much.
      Sometimes he helps me pick out things to dress them or find doll sized accessories.
      But he isn't overly excited about them.
      I also talk to my mom... she is into making things for them.
      She doesn't really get into the dolls themselves that much though.
      I don't have any friends in my daily life who are into bjd.
      So, I mostly talk to people on Instagram.

17. Pretty much just my girlfriend. She's not part of the hobby per se, but she's really sweet and supportive about my interests and even has her own opinions that she sometimes articulates to me. I'd like to have a few more people to be able to talk to, but most of my friends either think dolls are creepy or are indifferent, lol. Of course, I'm very happy for what I do have.

18. Sometimes my family, but most of the time I talk to the friend that introduced me to BJDs! Honestly, just one doll friend is plenty and its lots of fun. It helps that she has similar taste to me in company and makeup styles but at the same has differing tastes in sculpt choices and outfits. It keeps things fresh and we just go around linking each other interesting doll stuff or recommending each other outfits, or even updating each other on news! We also advise each other when we think things are wastes of money XD But I would like to someday have some internet doll friends to chat with, though I'm happy enough with talking to just her :~D

19. My boyfriend mostly. Recently I've started going to meetups and have been chatting online to people I've met there. It's nice to talk to people who know what you're talking about, lol.

20. I have a real life friend I speak with. We met 3 years ago at a local annual BJD event and we were both marshals. It was fun having to share all of what had happened with me within the hobby with someone who can relate. She also share her doll plans with me. It's just fun having to share it with someone.