1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is your favorite child doll?

Aug 13, 2008

1. I don't mean a super tiny, like Lati white, yellow, or Puki. I mean a larger size, like Yo SD or Lati Green. I happened to see some Yo SD dolls and held one today, but was told they are very hard to get, if not impossible. But I would love a child doll this size (about 10") with adorable child-like features, that is nice and heavy, yet a little floppy like the Yo's. Maybe some of you can share your favorites of this size. Thanks!

2. I have a Yo SD, a LaTi Green, a Custom House Petite Ai, and a Serendipity Lovely Freyja. They are similar in size, but each one is very different. I like each one for different reasons, and I am not sure I can say which one is my favorite. They kind of rotate as "favorite" depending on which one I am playing with more at the time ...! The Yo SD and Lovely Freyja pose the best of the four I have. The Yo SD is the heaviest, by far.

I found my Yo SD in the Den of Angels Marketplace. Have you looked there for one? I know I have seen a few lately, so you might luck out and find one soon.

3. I'd recommend the bambicrony dolls. I have one and he is adorable AND easy to pose!

Leeke has cuties too but they don't pose as well.

4. Bambicrony are really cute and the bodies pose great, I am really happy with mine.

5. My Yo-SD Chinatsu, Topaz, is my favorite in that size range:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Whenever I travel, she and Fee always get to go...I have more pictures of her than any other of my 10" girls. She has such a beautiful, smiling face.

I also like the Version 1 Bambicrony dolls a lot (not too enamoured of the new body sculpt). They pose nicely, and have very pretty face sculpts. They have two-part torsos like the Yos do, but are slightly thinner, so they fit in Barbie clothing.

6. i couldent choose one. but my top three are YoKuuta CherishAlley and Pukisha

7. I like the Bambicrony dolls myself, especially Kumi, though Roko is sweeter than sugar and all of their dolls are rather cute. XD

I wouldn't say the YoSDs are impossible to get, they're just quite pricey. If you're willing to spend more, there always seem to be quite a few for sale here on DoA and on Yahoo Japan. :)

8. That's a hard question to asnwer, since I have so many of the 10-12" kids..but if I had to pick only one it would be my Luts Cutie Delf Mary.
      [​IMG]
      She's a great poser, easy to dress, and I love her sweet little face.

9. DZ BB Ani is my favourite... I just love her chubby little face and her tush looks pinch-able... and her cute little knees aaaaah I love em :)

10. I'm not really into child doll. Both my tinies are adults. I have a Mini Gem Uyoo Elf and a Sleeping Elf Moona. But if I ever were to have a child doll . . . it would be this one or someone really similar. I won't get tempted though because she's limited and sold out.

[​IMG]

Dustbunnie

11. I have a hard time with this size ...for a long time it was my Suzunna Twink ...but then I had my blue Ted ...and I love my little Alien ...Sputnik
      so I sold my Yo ...do I miss Twink ...a little
      but if I would really like Hanyuu

12. I only have one that size at the moment, Dollzone Ani, but I really like her. I have a couple of others on my wishlist, Secretdoll Yoi, and and maybe someday, a Yo. I have friends with various Yo dolls and I am impressed with their quality and the way they pose. They're the only Volks dolls that really tempt me.

13. This is turning out to be my favorite size. I have three so far, Soul Sweet Agga, Lati Green Ronnie and Petite Ai Eriel (left to right in the following photo.) I love them all, though the Lati Green not as much as the other two. Here are the three together:

[​IMG]

I'm really loving my Soul Sweet Agga. She poses beautifully, and I think she has a darling face. She's available from Denver Doll Emporium, too, which makes it easy to get one (though Agga is not currently in stock). She has a double-jointed body, so she can do things like this:

[​IMG]

I have just purchased a Volks Yo Tinatsu from eBay - can't wait to see what she's like.

14. I love all the above (CH petite ai, Bambicrony, Lati green) but I've really fallen for the Rosen Lied kids:

Beautiful face-ups, wonderful posing, nice size!

Here's Beige:

[​IMG]

15. I love all your child dolls, thanks for sharing! Well, I just bought my first YoSD-- Kuuta! I can't wait for him to arrive. He's the one from the marketplace without the default wig and eyes. I ordered him a couple of different wigs, and dark blue eyes. Can't wait to see what will work best on him!

16. My favorite little one is the Domadoll Okja, who is very similar in size to YoSD and has the cutest, chubbiest proportions.

[​IMG]

She also has the most hysterical photo story over on the Domadoll website.

17. I only have one child tiny XD the other ones are tiny elfes. But I really love my Praline ( Tan Lati grown-up Lea ) Also when I'm at meet-ups I like her size best and I'm just so much in love with her face XD

[​IMG]

18. Love all the pictures, thanks for sharing! I'm super excited about my first YoSD arriving (Kuuta). I wish I had more time to go to meets and things like that (not even sure if there is a BJD community in San Antonio), so that I would see a variety of dolls in person before deciding which one to get next. Pictures are helpful, but I didn't know that I wanted a YoSD until I saw one in person recently.

19. I really like Narsha, I hope to own one one day... or maybe two? xD

20. i love bambicrony but i don't have anyone yet!.
      So for now my favorite child doll is my lati yellow.

[​IMG]