1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Who Makes Vinyl Boy Bodys??

Apr 24, 2007

1. I have a lovely Shiwoo head without a body. A friend of mine has a nice vinyl body she bought for her Juri head, and loves it!! She told me they recently came out with a boy body, and I was wondering if someone could tell me the name of the company and where to order the body from? Also, if anyone has comments and/or pictures you want to share about these bods, post away!! I've sent her a pm asking her, but I thought I'd set this thread up too and see what response I get! Thanks!

2. You're talking about the Volks DD bodies. Go check out junkyspot.com. Just make sure you look at the 60 cm bodies, NOT the 27 cm!

Also double check that they finally came out with a real boy body. Up to now, all you had was a male upper torso that you replaced the female one with, but it looked (IMO) creepy, since the female body has a willowy waist. The male chest piece didn't even match up but stuck out on the bottom.

3. Thanks! I'll take a look, but actually, I remember that it wasn't Volks. It was one of the many doll companies that starts with a 'D'. *shrugs* But i will absolutely look at the junkyspot site! Thanks!

4. Dont you mean 60 CM Obitsu bodies? I dont think junkyspot sells Volks DD :sweat

5. Junkyspot doesn't have Volks dolls. They have the Obitsu bodies with the boy chests. Volks have the DD2 and then new DD mini was just announced, but the two shown are little girls bodies... did I miss something about a boy?

6. Yeah, i meant the obitsu bodies. I've got one of those tiny little Volks male vinyl bodies on the brain -

7. Well, I checked the Obitsu bods. Yeah, the waist is pretty willowy for a boy. And I would have to get someone to restring the doll for me. it's something to keep in mind but I doubt I'll end up getting one. Is there another place that has vinyl boy bodies?

8. I'm afraid not, unfortunately. Volks seems determined to keep on releasing female-only Dollfie Dreams. Obitsu did come out with that male chest plate but I agree with the consensus that the body looks kind of strange. (Although if you are looking to create a hemathrodite or transgendered doll, having a male chest plate on a female body would be the ideal combination.)

Obitsu did announce that it would release a proper 1/3 scale vinyl male doll body a couple of years ago. Then it pushed back the release date. Then it pushed back the release date again. Then it did it a third time, and so on. Last I heard was that Obitsu said that it would finally release the male doll in April. Except that April is almost over and there is still no male doll body.

Right now I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a vinyl ball-jointed male doll body from any company.

9. A friend of mine finally got her Angelo head! Yay!
      She expressed a wanting for a vinyl body as opposed to a resin body. Volks is a little too pricey for her, and obitsu doesn't have a 60cm male body. (they have 55 cm male body, or the 60 cm female body with the male torso. But she wants her doll to be at least 60 cm, and she doesn't like the female body with the male torso. O.O) Any other ideas?

10. Unfortunately, I think Volks and Obitsu are the only two options for vinyl 60cm bodies.

11. Volks only makes a female vinyl body anyways. As far as I know, Obitsu is the only company to make male vinyl bodies, at least in 1/3 size. The off-topic Goodreau dolls make a 1/4 boy, who might come in vinyl.

It's too bad, because I like the vinyl bodies too, and wish Volks would make one!!!

12. oh... that's too bad. *sighs* Well, we'll make do. What do you all think about getting the 55cm obitsu male doll, but getting the female limbs to make him seem taller...? gross? impossible?

13. Would a doll be off topic if it were a resin head on a Goodreau body? I thought that the main reason that Goodreau was off topic was because they didn't have the "Asian Aesthetic"

Sooo.... would it be ok if the head on it was an on-topic one?