1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Who's Volks Ian?

Oct 4, 2004

1. Just passing this on. o.o I haven't heard of any Ian! At first I thought, it must be the next Tokyo boy, but the kanji doesn't say "Tokyo Shounen Monogatari". But I can't read any of the kanji except the last one, so I'm no help. ^^; (Go me, I can only tell what it *doesn't* say.) Uh, sorry if this is old news and I'm just the last to know!

2. Very Very old news actually. She (Yes, SHE) was the first MSD ever produced and is significantly shorter than the regular MSD. She was also very limited, which is why she is not seen very often.

Ken

3. Several years ago I bought a Japanese book that featured 1/6th dolls, but at the back there was a section featuring the SD Four Sisters and what appeared to be a Mini SD.

Recently, somewhere on DoA, someone displayed a picture of this same doll and explained that she was indeed Volks first attempt at making a mini. I can't remember what her name is now and I can't figure out where I saw the info. If anyone knows anything about this cute mini in a red kimono and geta with a black pageboy haircut, please let me know.

On the picture I have of her, the name Kei Toume appears. Kei Toume is also the name of the mangaka who created "Lament of the Lamb", coincidence?

4. I think you're talking about Ian? I have a picture of her in one of my doll books, and she looks rather pretty.

Here's the original thread about her. ^^

5. I don't think she was so much a "first attempt" at making a Mini Super DollfieL she was made with the intention of reproducing a particular character. Even now, Volks refers to her as an "SD", not an "MSD". She's very much one-of-a-kind. ^_^ (not meaning that there was only one of her produced, but that she doesn't fit into any of the categories of SDs perfectly).

6. It is Ian! Thanks for the link.:daisy

Now, does anyone know if she has anything to do with the creator of "Lament of the Lamb", or is it a coincidence?

7. She might, since she was made after a character. Maybe the creator of Lament of the Lamb was the creator of Ian's character? I'm not familiar with that author or that manga series though...

BTW, Does anyone remember how much she went for in auctions?

8. Yes, she was a character in one of his books. Kei Toume wrote a manga called "Fuguruma Memories" which featured a girl named Ian.

Here's a page, with a picture.

She was a doll who could take photos of other people's memories. ^_^

9. Thanks Cinnamon!

She really does reflect the look of Kei Toume's work. I have a couple of "Lament of the Lamb" art books and I was hoping there was a connection. It figure's I'd go and be intrigued by a mini I have no chance of getting. I think I saw it mentioned in the other thread that the last auction on Y!J for a Ian kit went for $3,000.00! I just can't go there right now.

Not yet anyway.

10. No problem. ^.^

If you haven't read Fuguruma Memories, I really do recommend it. Ian is quite endearing,... She's supposedly based off of an Ichimatsu doll.

After I finished reading it, I wanted Volks' release of her and an ichimatsu doll. ^^;

11. yup that's right, it's Kei Toume's!

some more information I posted about the book at the bottom of this thread: http://denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19105

I haven't seen an Ian on sale on YJA for a really long time... in fact in the couple years or so I've been looking at YJA... I"ve only seen maybe 2 kits total posted. (maybe three)

12. Necroing an OLD thread here, but Kotonoha scanlated Fuguruma Memories. It's not yet licensed in English. You can download a zip of it at the link below:
      http://www.mediafire.com/?35ntjmyyhiz