1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Why people sell?

Mar 4, 2010

1. Letting go of a doll

I think there might already be a discussion on this but here it goes anyways. So I've made a huge step and put up one of my dolls for sale, which was something I NEVER thought I'd ever do. I had been thinking about it for a while but kept convincing myself that once I sold her I'd want her back, the I'd have to buy her all over again. I had a hard time bonding with her, and she honestly felt like more of a decoration than an actual member of my doll family. It was really tough to finally put her up for sale because I really love her, just not as much as my other girls. But I'm ready for it and I hope someone buys her and gives her a nice home. I figured I should start this thread to hear other stories of others who have sold their dolls.

Was it hard?
      Why did you sell in the first place?
      Do you regret it?

2. I do think a similar thread already exists, but while this is here.

The first doll I let go of was my cherishdoll tan lani boy, he pulled on my heartstrings in the marketplace and i based a character around what i had seen, but when he arrived i realized that he was so much more, and that cherishdoll's small size didn't fit that character any longer. it was incredibly hard but I dont regret it, I already have plans to re-shell him in a doll that fits his characters size and age much better.

After that I sold a pukipuki Singing piki, complete with body and custom body painting. I adored her, but in the end she really just didn't fit in with my plans, and i needed money, unfortunately for turtle she had to be the first to go, sometimes i miss her, but I dont really regrett it, especialy because i have re-directed my dolly plans away from where they were when i got her.

3. I am new to collecting BJD but I have been collecting dolls for over 20 years. In that time I have seen many dolls come and go. Some because I did not bond, some because my tastes change, and some because we have a large mortgage. Bills always come first. I think you will find that it gets easier to part with one doll so you can get another over time. The first doll I sold was hard but now refining my collection is part of collecting to me.

4. I have already sold 2 of my dolls Dx. The 1st one was an Angel of Dream & was because I just didnt like him being MSD. He was bought to be my 1st dolls boyfriend, whom is SD and it just looks odd so I sold him. My BFF is actually getting the SD version of him so even though he isnt mine, he'll still be the same character & Im very excited! The second.. she was my Dollzone tiny & was sooo cute but I needed cash 4 bills -___-". Im going to remake the character but getting a Fairyland Elf Ante this time! It'll be like she grew up a bit x3. I still miss my dolls BUT they are being 'upgraded' so its all good :D

5. This has probably been discussed but here is my input. :) I realized that I wasn't getting anything out of my doll anymore and there was no point to having it sit around gathering dust. Sure, it was hard the first time, but 15 dolls later selling really isn't difficult. xD I think it has a lot to do with people's individual personalities and how they attach to physical objects. I personally don't get terribly attached to things emotionally so it's not a big thing to sell a doll. It's just like selling a book or a pair of shoes - I use it then I move on. It doesn't have feelings.

6. I recently put a doll that I loved up for sale, I didn't look back and sold her. I looked at her one last time before putting her in her box and told myself that she would go to a good home <3 I don't regret doing it but I still love to see new pics of her <3

7. I have put several dolls up for sale. At first I did wrestle with the idea, especially when I sold my first doll. But honestly I didn't bond with her, I liked her but she didn't get played with and didn't fit. I did not regret it. I don't really regret any of the dolls I've sold. In the long run it was the right thing to do because I sold them because they didn't work for me. Either they didn't fit the character I had in mind or I bought them because they were cute and I just don't deal well with dolls that aren't one of my personal characters. The doll I feel the worst about selling is Aster. I feel bad because the character is my boy Noble's lover and I feel bad for him being the only one of my characters without their partner. But I didn't really like having her. I'm not a fan of girl dolls, the only one I really like is my tiny girl. I'm not even that attached to my female characters. It is more a guilt thing, like I betrayed Noble somehow. Which just makes me sound a little nuts LOL.

8. I am a long time to such purchases.
      For example, I had the opportunity to order a coveted "big man", but I understand that now I was not able to provide. It must not stand by and collect dust.
      And I can not just go and sell the doll. I waited too long ...
      But I can understand when others are selling. There are bad situations in our lives. I want to cry when I see someone is selling dolls, but do not want to do. They simply have no choice.
      A doll who just do not like their owners ... all of them I am so sorry that I want to take him.

9. I sold dolls to buy more dolls. Although this hits a snag when you don't want to let go of any of your current dolls but have found a doll that you simply must have. This is the situation I'm in now...I know I have to sell one of my dolls to justify getting another one but I'm going through hell and back trying to decide which I wouldn't mind letting go off. I get my sentimental moments with all of them and being a student I don't have the money to buy one without selling SOMETHING :/

10. how touching. do your cat revovered?

i agree sometimes people do have to give up something that is very importen to them in order to save some other thing.

11. I haven't even got a doll yet so maybe I'm not qualified to answer but I keep delving into the world of bjd's just to find if I'm making the right choices for the dolls I actually want to buy. It's really sad when you have to sell a doll or dolls because you're running out of cash or whatever (I hope the cat got better too btw) but I can't imagine after all my research not bonding with a doll. But like I said maybe it's a noob's excitement talking here.

12. I guess so they can get other dolls or caz they need the money? :sweat