1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Why worry about his junk?

Mar 30, 2017

1. I read an earlier interview with Gentaro Araki and he said the earlier boy names do reference BL or 'boy love' so maybe the new elder brothers are concerned with loftier, more cerebral pursuits. My B-el is a hybrid so he probably will never enjoy the luxury of his own bag of dicks like the more well-endowed multiple choice guys have. ;)

2. I have to say I would rather go for the realism. I would rather see the David Bowie in Labyrinth tent in front then pretend there is nothing there.

3. I would just like to add in, that despite enjoying having a realistic body, having a Iplehouse EID's hard member jammed into your arm whenever you try to carry him can be very painful. That, above all else, is a very important reason to consider having it flat

4. Lol, I just wish my guy's crotch was smaller or removable... He ripped 40$ pants... in the crotch. X'D

5. One of mine has removable junk. I actually think it's kind of annoying...it falls off when I don't want it to :shudder

As to the question in the OP, I don't want the pants to lie flat, I just want them to not gape when he sits down, which is a problem I have when trying to sew pants for my boys.

6. I prefer my male dolls anatomically correct, but as a seamstress it's a bit of a pain. When a man goes to a tailor to be fitted for pants the first thing the tailor asks is whether he wears it to the left or right and the pattern gets corrected accordingly. In the case of BJD it's dead center and it's not going anywhere! And that makes for some rather awkward pattern corrections.

7. I feel like the pants thing can be really easily explained with a photo:

[​IMG]

:: Points up :: This is why people get upset about the sculpting of their doll's penis. :: shrugs ::

This is a Fifth Motif body (which is, personally, my absolute favorite male BJD body). His genitalia is sculpted in a fairly realistic way. He has some definition to his penis and the shape of testicles (which really are the thing I find missing in male BJDs!). It's not as detailed as an Idealian or anything, but it's a good, honest sculpture of a penis. The issue is that it's a static, hard sculpture, so even though it's a relaxed interpretation, it still creates a more erect visual under pants, and there is really no way around that. I do not begrudge this doll his anatomy, but it does get a bit annoying to have to be 20x more careful about adjusting his pants anytime I pose him/take a photo of him/have him sit/have him stand/have him do anything. ;)

P.S. Sorry Victor for making you model this. :sweat

#67 Lady Ravenswood, Jul 19, 2017
      Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    8. Lady Ravenswood: your photo perfectly illustrates my point, you can clearly see that his genitalia is distorting the pants since it has to go in the left pant leg while stubbornly staying in the middle, the front of the pant gets twisted and it doesn't look good. I find that when I'm drafting a pattern I have to modify the front crotch shape to accommodate for the centered genitalia.

9. @DominiqueB
      It's certainly not ideal. I can carefully adjust things so it looks much less noticeable, but this is just what happens naturally whenever he sits. C'est la vie.

10. Socks... socks would help. <_<

Thankfully my boys tend to wear baggy pants and have rather er.. small endowments so they're not noticable in pants aside from a slight buldge but for realism, i'd be inclined to attempt some er... slight stuffing to one side to create that illusion of the tucked peen.

Then again, I can't say I often look at men's groins to see how their junk buldges. Think I can get away with it with the excuse "it's for art/bjds!"? lol.

11. Personally, I would prefer realism. I'm not asking for a lot but something there to make the clothes not lie flat would be great. I want the sculpt to look how it should. I really don't want to undress my dolls and try to decide if the doll I'm holding is a boy or a girl with tiny boobs. Things like that really bother me and I'm glad to see that companies are starting to see that more realism needs to be added to the dolls.

12. I don't understand either, lol. I'very seen so many doll dicks...and alot of hentai that I really never even notice it's there

13. I understand people being uncomfortable, but it's not about what other people think. It's about you and your dolls. I don't understand why some people get so fussy. If you don't like dolls that have detailed genitalia or bulges, don't get them. I don't see the problem.

14. I appreciate nice man parts, but making good crotch seams for hard non-squishy penises is really troublesome sometimes since there's like a push-pull between making pants that look good when standing and pants that look good when seated and tailoring for tight or loose fit.

Suddenly thinking about the commercials for Duluth Trading's "Ballroom" Pants. ........hmmm I wonder if I could tailor a good crotch gusset on doll pants now...

.........also suddenly wondering why my historically nerdy self hasn't made some super baggy Buster Keaton pants or a zoot suit for my well endowed men so I can just call it a day....

15. I like realism in dolls than completely flat 'cause even though like its can be seen in previous post its not the most attractive thing
      when it comes to tight trousers, It still looks better then having it flat! hehe
      I'm glad my boy is quite small and compact in that department but I makes, making trousers sit more natural having SOMETHING there than nothing! :D

16. Although I don't care all that much about my dolls' genitalia as they wear underwear and I rarely see them completely nude, I agree with the sentiments that all parts of the doll should be sculpted of equal realism, otherwise it looks unfinished.

17. The majority of my dolls are male dolls. I don't worry about their parts other than I prefer that the artists don't phone it in after spending a ton of time detailing everything else but the genitals. For the most part, none of my boys have clothing fit issues except for my Dollshe boy (28M) and my Dollclans boy (old U-Line body). Both of them definitely have protruding junk in the front, so it does make for awkward fit. The rest of my guys are sculpted such that standing or sitting, their gifts aren't on display. It could be also the fit of the clothes too. In any case - I'm not bothered in the least. If anything I think it's quite funny.

18. Frankly I don't much care what junk they have in their trunk so long as it doesn't interfere with their clothing (you should see what the majority of female dolls have to put up with in terms of no-care whatsoever over sculpting - in terms of both anatomically impossible balloons and the traditional "that'll do" harsh slit just straight up sliced into the pelvic piece) whilst realism is nice I'm not the type to take the time to blush every inch of the doll - though I have admired the work of those who do.

As pointed out with that gorgeous Venitu above - realism has it's drawbacks, actual male genitalia is... squishy and a solid piece of plastic just... isn't. It's not even a case of a Bowie-bulge, but a solid cylinder that is immovable and makes clothes hang incredibly awkwardly. It's not the bulge that's the problem but the tendency to destroy trousers at the seams. My poor Saint has to be rather careful when he poses (and he's on the generally insectoid DSAM35) because of the way his trousers tend to tent stressing the seams, and it's tenting not the bulge that we tend to see on real living humans.

I see the fussyness over male shapes on this side of the hobby as a mild case of turnabout is fairplay. In real life women are frequently told that their anatomy is wrong by clothes designers - see the recent furore over the fact that headhunters for the fashion industry approached an anorexic teenager several times despite being told to go away - so... No. Male dolls generally having to be suitable for clothes that are inappropriately tailored? Hah. No, I've got no issues with it whatsoever.

(If you really want to see an example of childish adolescence when it comes to anatomical accuracy and dolls go and have a peek at the action figure forums. The hypocrisy (and fragile "they're action figures not girly dolls!!" on there about the over-sexualised female figures v. the occasional anatomically accurate male figure is painful.)

19. I would prefer my male dolls to have a decently realistic dong. I mean, it doesn't need to have every single vein, but the tic tac thing never felt right. Same with just boob mounds. I mean, sure it's annoying when putting clothes on a doll for them to have these diamond-sharp nips, but over-all I think it looks better when fully sculpted.
      I think I'd even prefer jointed junk because of the aforementioned "positioning" to the side or whatever. Especially if they have a bit of a recessed area that helps them be a bit more out of the way while still looking like what it is.
      Though I would agree also that I don't want like, my tiny antro dolls to have them. I mean, I might be ok with a weird ken-mound on them but a lot of them are usually just hanging out nakey so it'd be a lot weirder to have a doll with all its bits hanging out on display in my home if someone came over.

20. Never realized this was a thing... Personally, I prefer a realistic male doll. That being said I also prefer the male bits to fit in pants period. I have issues with my boys not really being modest without the use of an additional snap closure. XD but then the pants don't look right either! They don't have to be flat, just closed! Lol