1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Why worry about his junk?

Mar 30, 2017

1. It seems like my 5-Star-Doll guys and Mirodoll guy might have a bit of bulge problem in the pants, but I can't honestly remember it being that much of a problem. Of course, the pants they wear are stretchy, so mostly the problem is an open fly when they try to sit. I can't really remember if my Magical Angel guy was realistically sculpted or glorified tic-tac, TBH. I never really noticed it beyond "present and accounted for."

However, I would like to say that I am impressed by all the genuinely interesting and fairly adult conversation that has happened on this thread, in between all the jokes. When the Nobility Doll Emotional Boy Body first came out, the discussion immediately went into the gutter with the "Amazing Spinning Boy Bits" and stayed there for, like, 10 or more pages. Anyone that tried to defend it by saying "but you can position it" just came across as unintentionally raunchy as heck and just made things worse.

2. I have to admit... I'm one of the ones who doesn't particularly care about the look of my doll's genitals, male or female. :sweat A lot of the less expensive companies that I like tend to skimp in the crotch department. In general, I'm ambivalent about the appearance of anything hidden by clothing - even when it comes to torso muscles, I usually only have an opinion on the look if the doll's going to be wearing an open shirt. I think part of this is that I have mostly male YoSDs, which would look bad with a detailed dick. I like having my doll's genitals match the character's, though.

My one speed bump with doll dicks, though, has been my Island Doll Veranoen. He's wearing the fullset pants, but there was a mistake in making them, so they're ever so slightly too small, so they gap at the top... and he's not wearing any underwear. :doh He doesn't do a lot of sitting.

3. Man bits are not a total requirement for me. I do insist on nipples, though. And not squishy nipples, either. Nor do I want the pointed you're-gonna-put-someone's-eye-out-with-those types of nipples. Just tasteful little bumps are fine.

I guess I like some realism, but genitalia isn't a must-have for me on either gender of doll. I'm not a prude, and I wouldn't refuse to get a boy with bits...it's just not a deal-breaker for me either way.

4. Part of the problem is, with making clothes... like any fleshy part of the body, it would... uh, move. It wouldn't be flat, but men do apparently choose undergarments based on how they confine those parts, and some undergarments do a better job of flattening things than others. But with a doll, it's made of resin... so if the genitals aren't flat, and you put clothes on the doll that would fit better with undergarments that flatten things down (on a human), it will not fit properly. Like girl dolls with particularly prominent nipples. When you put clothes that would be worn with undergarments on them, the spiky nipples stand out and look odd.

5. I don’t have male dolls that have that particular problem. But it would annoy me as I love doll clothes almost as much as the doll. They are always dressed. So for me, those kinds of details are something to try and work around rather than admire.

6. I'm reading this and I'm crying from laughing so hard oh my god

7. Most of my guys wear loose clothes so it's not really an issue. My Telesthesia came with a small bag of interchangeable penises which caused a big laugh in my doll group, mostly because some of them seemed unnecessarily large rather than them just existing. My mother got very confused when I showed her the first doll I wanted. She and later my grandmother were convinced for a while that he was some kind of fetish object because he had a penis. I asked for donations to the 'I want a doll' fund for Christmas that year and was told my grandmother didn't feel comfortable helping me get a sex doll. It took a while to explain that BJDs aren't for that stuff.

People seem to either equate dolls with children, in which case anatomical accuracy is frowned upon. Or, they think that the only reason an adult would want a doll is for lewd things.

8. I am too honestly. I never realized this was a thing because of all of my tinies lacking this mostly until reading this thread, but now I understand entirely. :lol:

9. Hehehe on the male doll I have on layaway I choose to have him come with options. None of them lie flat.

10. I have spent far too long reading this thread and thinking about doll penises! :aeyepop::lol::sweat

Never thought about the pants fit issue but it does look really awkward with an immovable penis! Hoping I won’t have a problem with the pants I ordered now :lol:

I don’t personally care for a realistic or blushed one because I don’t intend to display him nude. But its interesting to see whats available out there!

11. My father was 3d printing me a doll during lockdown and remarked that he was "rather well endowed" so i told him about bjds and the interchangable parts. He told me he spat his gin and tonic across the garden from laughing so hard.
      And I didn't even send him links to the snake part! ahahahahaha

12. That thread is hilarious.:lol:

That said, while browsing pictures, I definitely notice the more realistic members opposed to the overly simple cylinder down there.

That said, male genitalia is more "flexible" than resin, so I can appreciate the leap from realism if it allows clothes to fit better.

For some kind of reason, I can more easily accept the very simple tube-thingie as male genitalia than the half spheres as female breasts, but maybe that's just me.

13. Yes same! I don’t like the balloon boobs at all but don’t really have an opinion on the privates. Maybe because they are more visible than the genitals?

14. I’ve never thought so deeply about doll penises in my life until this thread haha. I don’t own any male dolls but as a seamstress I would imagine they would be hard to pattern for. That being said I think I’d probably prefer realistic parts with a realistic face sculpt.

15. I have posted in here a few times before (what? I enjoy this topic! :XD:), but I have to admit this—the promise of bjds having penises was kid of, sort of...really what got me into this hobby.

The first opportunity I ever had to witness one after hearing about bjds—the person who introduced hers to me in person informed me that the boys had junk in the trunk, and that drew my interest into bjds. Of course, it took me several years after a long hiatus from the hobby [for various non-hobby related reasons] to finally get a male bjd (and I've now got several—of course, most of which have those lovely optional/adjustable parts), but it is one of the reasons I got into collecting bjds over all other types of dolls.

...poor Ken.:lol:

16. You're not entirely alone in that. :lol: I was never much of a fan of dolls as a kid, and I was honestly freaked out by the fact that Ken had nothing there at all. It was disturbing, real people don't look like that! Even just a resin tic-tac is better than what Ken got (and better for fitting into pants than some of the more realistic options).

The snake will never not make me laugh, though.

17. My mother recently borrowed one of my boys to sew him a jacket and was so offended by his little tictac peen sticking out (he had no clothes) that she sewed him underwear!
      I was very amused when she took a photo.

I prefer the stylised little tictac shape as it looks fairly realistic dressed and I have no intention of having my dolls all like.. members out on the shelf ahahah.

My kids always found the peens really really funny. As toddlers they'd poke my dolls and delightedly yell "Penis!" and it was so funny.

18. I don't really care if it lays flat or not, to be honest. Mostly I just want it to FIT in the pants. My SD boy is hung with a pants-wreaking dong, and He's pretty big in general for an SD doll so finding clothes for him is something I'm having a lot of trouble with.

My bestie thinks I should sand him down, but I'd rather keep him intact because it amuses the heck out of me how she talks about his package.

19. I have zero interest in seeing bulges on my dolls but no matter the doll's bits, I'm going to be covering up anyway. I like cutesy, unrealistic dolls with fantasy eyes and fun face-ups! I want them to look like they belong in a pastel cartoonland, so bulges just do not fit with the aesthetic I want. It honestly never occurred to me that some people would want a bulge, so this is a really interesting thread to me!

20. When I learned that most of the doll had realistic sculpting on the pelvis, I was fascinated. As a kid, I always thought it would be cool if more of my dolls besides my Jesmar looked real. My profession is medical, so I really love the human form, inside and out. Like all things in nature, it can be as beautiful as it can be terrifying. The pants issue is something else. There are a few body sculpts I would avoid just because the seat of pants would become distorted and look plain silly. I once had a Dragon Doll Uncle body. It was beautiful, but the 3 different penises were magnetic, and did not stick well at all. He would often loose his penis down his pants leg (with underpants) and I was at risk for either public embarrassment or plainly loosing it. It also made me feel pity for my doll to remove it completely, so that body went to someone else. I have a couple 68cm Popodoll guys, their part can move left to right a bit, so it's really a good design. It's among other reasons it's my favorite man doll. My Dollshe guy is on an older body where the pelvis is a bit more flush to his body, so it's never been an issue for me. It would probably be a deal-breaker to get a doll with a penis part that might either easily fall off or bulge so much it distorts his trousers. I would say that I'm glad that my small boys either have a tiny resin tic-tac or nothing at all. It's not really something that has ever been an issue for me with my little guys. I like that some of my small ones are gender neutral with angel bodies so they can be either boys or girls. I do think my son's MiniFee dude has a penis, but it must be incredibly unremarkable as I can't even remember what it looks like. I've never noticed it, but he doesn't like to change his clothes. I think the same goes for his other dolls, but they are all MSD or smaller.