1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Wigs to fit Dollzone 70cm guys?

Feb 5, 2007

1. Hello all!

I just got Yuu the 70cm Dollzone boy in white skin! I am wondering what size wigs will fit his head. I measured his head and it seems to be 9.5 inches, I may be mistaken, but is this the standard SD size?

My big thing is that I want to model my Yuu after Yuki from fruits basket. http://www.fruits-basket.com/characters/fb_yuki.htm
      I am not totally sure if his hair is grey or black, I can't quite figure it out... I am looking at this wig on Dollga which is supposedly SD sized, and I asked them what size it is on their message board. http://www.dollga.com/bbs/view.php?id=wig_sd_en&no=26
      Also, will delf sized 8.5-9.5 wigs fit? I am interested in DW-78 For Delf (Black), DW-61 For Delf (Natural Black), DW-158 For Delf (Natural Black) and if eluts ever gets them in stock again: DW-01 For Delf (Black).

But, do you folks think that any SD sized wig will fit his head? And what exactly is the size of the SD wigs in case I decide to get one somewhere else?

--So confused, Lori

2. I'm not sure, but I think SD wigs are like 9-10? If it helps at all my 8-9 Monique Gold wigs fit my Ying head, but I don't know if all the DZ heads are the same or not.

Oh, I guess that wasn't much help at all. Sorry.

3. my DZ Wing head should be arriving very shortly, and, fingers crossed, will fit some SD sized wigs from Magic Taylor (eBay)... will let you know if they fit ok, though have a nasty feeling that if they do will be a *very* tight fit. I am assuming, of course that Wing and Yuu have the same head shape/size.

Yuki (Furuba) has grey hair, btw, not black :)

4. My DZ Yuu wears a size 9-10 I think he can squeeze into an 8-9 too but barely

5. I have a size 8-9 for my Yuu and it bearly fits...in fact it'll fall off without a hat on because it's so small. ^^;; He has a big head O_o So you're safe with 9-10 I think. I have tried a 9-10 wig on him and it fits him fine.

6. Ooh thanks! I am half color blind sometimes and I couldnt tell if his hair was grey or black. I tried looking it up online and different places said different things... And that is after I ordered a black wig... *_* Oops.

I messaged Dollga, and they said:

Dear Lori
      Thanks for visit in DollGa.
      The DollGa's SD Size is between 9.5 inch and 10.5 inch.
      and MSD Size is between 7 inch and 8 inch.
      We hope Our wig fit your lovely doll.
      Thank you.

Best regards.
      Dollga

7. Yup. In my experience, Yuu is a 9-10. At least, a 9-10 wig fit on my fiance's Yuu. :)

8. I'm thinking of getting a 70cm Dollzone boy, and a few Dream of Doll wigs caught my eye that I'd like for my future boy. Problem is, I think the wigs are about 8-9 and I haven't got a clue if they fit. I've gotten advice that 9-10 fit DZ boys better, but would certain D.O.T size wigs fit?

Here are a few I'm talking about:

http://www.ecinter.net/frontstore/I...6&mart_id=hoo933&level=&mother_catalog_num=87

http://www.ecinter.net/frontstore/I...4&mart_id=hoo933&level=&mother_catalog_num=87

I know DZ boys have larger heads, but on a few DZ pages I've encountered it seems like the wigs are the usual 8-9 (or so).

So if anyone has had experience with D.O.D wigs and DZ boys, or boys with heads roughly the same size (slightly larger heads), please give me your advice. Would the wigs fit, or would 9-10, or even 8.5-9.5 be the better match.

Thanks!!:)

9. DOD wigs tend to run on the small side, imo I don't think they're gonna fit.
      Here's my DOD boy with his DZ bf, for head size comparison if you'd like. Tho I haven't actually tried any DOD wigs on a DZ boy, I know they don't fit Luts boys who have a similar head size :/

10. [​IMG]

Xander (DZ Ying) wears a 8-9" wig from Dollmore. I would have imagine DOD would be the same if they are 8-9 size. Hope this helps. :)

11. Thank you both!^^
      So I guess D.O.D won't fit then if they are smaller...that's a shame, but if Dollmore 8-9 sized wigs fit then it makes up for it I suppose.
      Once again, I appreciated the pictures!:)

12. I'm thinking of starting with a dollzone boy, either 60 or 70cm, I'm trying to make up my mind. What size wigs fit each size head? What am I looking for in wigs? After reading an lj post about 70 heads and 60 bodies (or vice versa, I'm up late , way way too late) I am thinking I may get a 60 body with a 60 head, and then maybe a 70 head. Would be nice if I could use the same wigs.

I am also getting confused about shoes and clothes. I know I will make many clothes, but I will still want to buy some. How do I know what shoes will fit? Or what clothes?

I know I read something about this, but I can't find it now. A link to a reference would be great.

Thanks

Pooklaroux

13. I second this - I'm sorry if it's been asked elsewhere. I saw one called a "BJ Chestnut brown Monique gold label" that I liked, but I'm not sure if it's big enough for my guy, and since I made the note, I dont know where I found it.

14. Denver Doll Emporium says (here: http://www.denverdoll.com/dollzonesd.php) that the boys take 9/10 wigs, both the 60 & the 70cm ones.

And, as a bonus, the 60cm girls are supposed to take 8/9 wigs.

Or your basic 'SD' or 60cm bjd sized wigs, so far as I can see. :)

Ann in CT

15. The Recall is the only 70cm that is not SD sized he actually fits a MSD wig better I know the leeke world M size fit him well

16. I own a DZ Wing and he wears SD sized wigs.

17. Wing is the doll I am waiting for -- SD is perfect -- there are a lot of great wigs i should be able to use! Thanks!

18. Anyone? Is he really wearing a 9.5 incher? (24cm)

:o

19. Well, right now I've got my Yuu in a Narae60 wig which is a size 8. It fits, but just barely. 8-9 range I think is what he takes? The K-Starr wig I have is a tad too big (9-10 wig).

Kinda vague, I know, but I hope that helps a little. :sweat

20. Okey dokey :) So he does have a big ol' noggin!