1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Wiring a Bobobie tiny??

Jul 1, 2008

1. Has anyone tried this? I skimmed through the threads and I didn't see anything pertaining to this.

I have a Bobobie Demona tiny and I have a awful time trying to stand her up. Her stringing doesn't seem overly loose, but she just won't hold a pose at all. I tried hot glue sueding and that failed, so I was going to try wiring her, but I'm not sure whether that would work or not.

Is my little Tamzin doomed to sit for the rest of her resin life?

2. sweetie its real easy with the Bobobie as they have such a good gap up the legs into the body
      all I do is push pipecleaners or wire up from the knee into the torso , leaving a length to go in the lower leg
      ...you dont even have to take them apart ..I will see if I can take a few pictures of it for you

3. I've tried wiring my Minifee in the past and I think I got the wire too short, because it worked its way out of the limbs. I'd like to see pictures, if you get a chance! My girl may stand again! Then, if that works, I'll have to wire her little friend that's coming to stay with us (Bobobie Sunny...he should be here this week!)

I love my big kids, but there's something about tinies...

4. I think because you wire tinies with pipecleaners, the 'fur' on them help to grip and mine have not slid out at all, and really help with the posing and the kickiness

5. I was going to take pictures ..but the light has gone terrible ..were in for a storm Im thinking
      but I will so some

Moona and Coco/BonBon are great wired with pipecleaners too
      and its dead easy to do ..so will take some snaps tommorow

6. No problem! I'm going to try the pipecleaner thing...I need to pop by Michaels this weekend, so I can get some small ones.

7. The tutorial is great! I posted this on Flickr, but I wanted to put it here as well. The only thing I'd add to tinybear's tutorial is to try to find a color of pipe cleaner closest to the color of the doll's skin, because then when the joints bend and a bit of pipecleaner fuzz is visible, it won't detract much from the overall appearance of the doll.

I also like to stick some up through the neck, for wobbly heads!

8. Thanks, Tinybear!! I tried it tonight and it worked very well. The pipe cleaner I bought (6mm) was too thick for the arms, but that's okay. I was more concerned with her legs.

The tutorial was awesome!

I did the same thing and it worked like a charm!

9. for busy pipecleaners ...trim them with scissoers
      I have been told now HobbyCraft (UK ) sell white cotton pipecleaners , which you can dye
      coffee , would make a great light tan