1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Wishel, One year later. What went wrong?

Dec 15, 2007

1. Well, it's been nearly a year since we all got our Wishels from the first two main orders, and now, they are no longer available from the company, and only occasionally in the Marketplace. What happened? To me, this was a BRILLIANT idea for a doll. The price was right, the suspense of not knowing what you would get was wonderful...

I know after I received my initial two, I wished I could order five or six more of them! I longed for the Make Your Own Wishel in the differing skin tones as did many people, and wanted to make one in black, and who knows what other colors... It's sad that they came in with such a bang, and left with such a slow whimper. I can only hope that somehow, something like this comes along again, or they return.

2. I don't think the makers have ever been able to hold a stable company.. for example, Mythdoll, now Wishel, and their new project Abio Angel. I don't think they had enough people to fulfill all the orders as they probably didn't anticipate such popularity with the Wishel dolls.

3. I think the main problem has been that they had not enough employees to handle the huge influx of orders. I think they really weren't prepared for what happened and it fell apart really fast.

I didn't get a Wishel (I *really* wanted to get a black one) and am sorry the Make Your Own Wishel never came to be. As said, a great idea for the surprise Wishels. Really a pity they aren't selling them now.

LM

4. I too think they were over run by Americans with credit cards. I know I was ready to order another several of them. We must remember that most of these doll companys seem to be cottage businesses, and aren't designed for mass production and exportation on a scale we are used to from the larger companies. It's sad the Wishel era opened and closed so quickly. I have one of the Abio Angel Sans. Again, I ordered him on the first round, and I adore him. I guess we can all just hope that somehow, Wishel comes back, or some one else out there does the same sort of thing again.

5. I think it was lack of staff and bad website. If you notice puki pukis had the same popularity but fairyland seems to have better handle on limiting orders.

Up to now wishel still lets you place an order on the site and they're not available. They needed a site with an inventory system

6. Yeah, I've got a Fullset Puki Pipi on order, and I can't wait. These damn tinies are taking over my office.... I guess all we can do is cuddle the Wishels we have (4 total in the house) and cherish them for the rare little babies they are.

7. Thanks for asking, cause I wondered the same thing. They has so many cute ideas, but with the lapse of production and now word from them I would be hesitant to order anything