1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

WITHdoll feedback (ALL)

Dec 11, 2010

1. * What did you order?
      Normal Gray Skin Fenrir with Face up

* When did you order?
      30th December 2012

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or
      dealer?
      Direct from the company.

* How was the communication?
      Fine. They take a few days to answer any queries I had but they did answer.

* How easy was it to pay?
      Easy with paypal.

* How long did it take to ship?
      Roughly 3 months. They shipped 2nd April 2013.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes.

* Were you satisfied with the product?
      For the most part.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      N/A.

* Would you order from this company again?
      Most likely not.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      No.

* Any additional words/thoughts on this company?
      The company gave me two shipping dates, both of which were not met. The third shipping date they did meet however. The company also underestimates their production time. Particularly for 'special' skin tones. It would have been better had the company just said the doll would be delayed by a month or two rather than give out a shipping date and not meet it. This was my first time ordering from Withdoll and it's a shame it wasn't a pleasant experience for me as they have some lovely dolls.

2. * What did you order?Withdoll Basic Rachel, in normal skin, with faceup (I asked for more brown eyebrows).No wig, no clothes, no bootie parts.

* When did you order?February 24th, of 2013.
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?I ordered directly from the company. Here: http://www.withdoll.com/index.php.As far as I know, they don't have dealers.

* How was the communication?Swift. They don't answer everyday the Q/A, but two or three days in the week... since those 'answering days' are always the same, once you get used too, it is fine. They are not a big company, so probably don't have a dedicated Q/A person. I got a shipping invoice directly to the mail, with the tracking number, and it worked instantly.

Considering it was my first time using Paypal, it was easy.

* How long did it take to ship?It took two month from the day I ordered (shipped on April 25th).

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?Of course! The doll is gorgeous, the resin is thick, and the faceup amazing.The only thing I did not like is that even if I ordered with a faceup, she did not came with faceup protector, and one of her lashes unglued. I messaged WD about this.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?She is even more beautifull IRL than in the pics!
      * Were you satisfied with the product?Oh god, yes!!
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again?Of course! They are really good, and have decent prices!
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?This is a tricky question. It depends on the item, the state of the same, and if it is limited or not.
      * Any additional words/thoughts on this company?I love the mature style they dolls have, and they are natural posers!

3. * What did you order?
      I placed 2 orders - 1 for a Rosy Brown Limited Angela with face-up and wig and 1 for a Gray Basic Priscilla.

* When did you order?

Orders were placed within 6 days of each other in the last week of April, I paid both off on May 1st.

dealer?
      Direct from the company.

Average. I started a short layaway for one of my orders, and it took them 4 days to confirm that they had received payment. I also contacted them several times about my order and their other products, the reply time was always between 4-8 days. It is worth noting that they always replied and were very friendly and co-operative. However, I did ask them before I placed my first order if they would be hosting a special skin event (I would have ordered both dolls together, had they said yes) and was told no. I went ahead and ordered my limited Angela - who was always available in the special colours. Less than a week later, they host a special skin event. Wasn't impressed with being outright lied to.

Very easy. You just send them the money via Paypal. I would have preferred that they send an invoice, but manual payment worked fine.

Over 3 months. 99 days to be exact. WELL over the stated shipping time of 8 weeks. They did agree to ship both my orders together to save on my shipping cost though.

The price was very reasonable, and the quality of my dolls is excellent :) I also ordered during a sale period so that brought the price down a bit too. Withdoll were also kind enough to include a free pair of booties as a prize from their twitter event, which I love!

Yes, very much! The face-up I ordered is beautiful, the sculpting of the bodies is stunning and the resin colours are even more lovely in person!

I was very satisfied with everything except the wig I ordered. It doesn't fit the doll it came with properly. It's slightly too wide and far too deep. I can however use for other dolls, so I'm not too annoyed. The only other thing I was disappointed with was that one of my dolls came covered in resin dust. Being an experienced doll owner, I knew to give her a quick bath with a damp magic eraser to clean it off - but resin dust is toxic and a less experienced owner may not have known this and wondered what the white spots all over their doll and filling its joints was!

I haven't contacted Withdoll over these issues. I don't see the point as there is very little they can do.

Perhaps. The long wait time was off putting purely because they didn't tell me about it. Had I known it would take over 3 and half months, I might have been less worried. The resin dust issue is more worrying, but I feel my doll was only sent like that because they were in a rush to get my order shipped. My other doll arrived perfectly clean. The quality was definitely worth the long wait and I'm very pleased with my new additions!

Depends on the condition, but probably, yes!

You can really tell Withdoll is an emerging company. Long wait times and communication that isn't 100% proves this. But the quality of their products is amazing! If you don't mind a long wait time and are happy to sit quietly and wait for your doll, you'll never be disappointed!

4. * What did you order?
      Rosy Brown Juwel with NS event head

* When did you order?
      Spring of 2011

dealer?
      Directly form the company

Quite good, they always responded and were helpful. I first contacted them to ask about getting the event head in a different skin tone and they were happy to do that for me.

Super easy, I used Paypal

I was traveling at the time so I really don't remember . . . a family member kept the package for me until I got home

Yes, I think so. He's my least expensive MSD but the resin quality is nice and the only discoloration from the skin tone is on his hips where it's only noticeable when he's naked

Yes, he did, though I got just the blank doll without the limited accessories or face-up.

The wig wasn't great quality, and he was strung much too tight when he arrived — so tight, in fact, that one of his knees was broken. I ended up restringing him with string from a different company. I love the resin color though.

I contacted them about the problem right away and they sent me a pair of legs within a week, so no complaints there — on top of fixing the problem, I have a spare leg in case anything ever happens to the other one (though I've not had any problems since)

I do like my Juwel a lot but unless they had another interesting skin color, probably not. The body is very study but not the most poseable and Juwel has been my favorite of their molds so far.

With the same reasoning above, but if there was one I liked that I had missed the ordering period for or something.

I ordered right when they were starting out, so this is a first impression of them as a new company; I just wanted to review because this is the only time I ever received a broken doll in the mail, and I was impressed with how quickly they shipped me the new parts. Overall, if you like their dolls, I see no problem ordering directly from the company.

5. * What did you order?
      Realskin Taren with face-up and wig

* When did you order?
      August 18th 2013

dealer?
      Direct from the company

A little slow, but good overall.

Very easy.

A little over 3 months.

Yes, very. The doll poses excellently straight out of the box and the resin quality is very good. Seam lines are minimal and the face-up is professional.

Yes, excepting any subtle changes in face-up since those are hand done and thus will be a little different each time. If anything I like the face-up better than I liked it on the promo photos.

Yes, very, excellent quality all around and the joints are very well engineered.

NA

Yes, if they had another sculpt I couldn't live without. ;)

Yes.

Contrary to what's on their website your wait for a doll will be closer to 3-4 months. So just be prepared for that, but know that when it does arrive, it will be very good quality.

6. * What did you order? Grey skin msd Ruby, no face up, small bust
      * When did you order? 12-07-13
      dealer? from the company
      * How was the communication? They were quick to keep the updated status well on the site and sent me a shipping order. No probs
      * How easy was it to pay? If I remember it was through the website.
      * How long did it take to ship? It shipped on 2/2/14 -- it was a little under 2 mths
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? yes very much. I love the doll. She's gorgeous.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes very much.
      * Would you order from this company again? I would
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes I would

7. * What did you order?
      Kyle in RealUV via Layaway

* When did you order?
      July 2013

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Ordered directly from the company

I didn't need much until the end of the layaway, but at the time I did need it, communication was good and didn't take long to receive answers.

Very easy to pay in installments via Paypal.

I took a longer layaway, so I didn't receive the doll until after I'd finished paying; he arrived mid-October.

Yes, I feel like the price I paid was very appropriate.

Yes, he looked the way I expected him to.

Yes, I am happy with him. He's a solidly constructed doll, and fairly easy to work with overall.

Yes, if another doll of theirs fit one of my character concepts.

See above.

The heads and eyes are pretty tiny on some of their sculpts, so definitely check with other owners on sizing before ordering any accessories for one!

8. * What did you order?
      Aiden in dark brown UV with the fallen angel faceup

* When did you order?
      24 February 2014

Received order confirmation and shipping notice promptly.

Very easy (paypal).

Just under two months (shipped 12 April)

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Potentially.

Well made doll with interesting body engineering. Good turnaround time for production and well-priced.

9. What did you order?
      Werewolf Baby Coco (Male), Brown Tan (UV); Face up; Clothing (Rosy Brown); Animal parts (Painting)

When did you order?
      25.Oktober 2014

How was the communication?
      Very nice.

How easy was it to pay?
      easy with paypal

How long did it take to ship?
      14-15 weeks.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Even more. I love this little cutie :D he was worth the wait.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes in any case.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      I am more than satisfied.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      The waiting time was a bit too long so I asked them via Q&A, the answer came on the second day and their immediately shipped him out.

Would you order from this company again?
      Yes.

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?

if I can't buy the product directly from the company then yes.

10. * What did you order? Elf Egon in Rosybrown UV resin with armor option parts.
      * When did you order? May 18th, 2016
      dealer? Directly from the company.
      * How was the communication? Not terrible, but not great either. It took me over a week to get a response. In fairness, the first half of the week was due to a holiday. Not sure what happened for the second half.
      * How easy was it to pay? Fairly easy. I had to do a layaway, which meant I had to keep an eye on everything myself.
      * How long did it take to ship? Not including the first month of layaway, 14 weeks.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, actually.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes and no. Yes, because his face is gorgeous, no, because I got a different resin. The store photos of the resin don't do it justice.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? They took a while to respond, but when they did, they responded saying my order had shipped and gave me a tracking number.
      * Would you order from this company again? I would hesitate before doing so, but I would consider it.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Heck yeah.
      * Any additional words/thoughts on this company? Withdoll seems to be a very small company that gets more orders than it can always handle, due to how often they release limiteds.

11. A bit after the fact, seeing as I got my girl at the end of October buuuut ...

* What did you order?
      Witch Emma + Pumpkin Head

* When did you order?

8/29/16

dealer?
      Direct

Good, got responses to layaway questions quickly.

Easy enough, once I figured out how layaway worked.

8 weeks

I have minimal experince with bjds (this was my first) so I have nothing else to base my opinion on, but I certainly like her.

I got my Emma in a different skintone & without a faceup, so she looked nothing like the Witch Emma promo, but she looks an awfully like the regular Emma :P

Extremely

N/A

Possibly! If they release the elves again I'd sure be tempted. :3c

* Would you buy this company's products second?

Again, possibly.

I really like the art on the box, doesn;t affect the doll at all but it sure is pretty!

12. * What did you order?

Elf Knight Egon, nude doll with faceup.

* When did you order?

October 14th, received two months later.

dealer?

Directly from the company.

I had no questions or issues so I didn't have any direct contact; they don't send confirmation emails or shipping notices that I received but the order information on the website was updated so it wasn't really an issue to check on it myself.

Very; the site directed me to PayPal and back. No issues.

About two months, which is perfectly in line with what I expect to wait for when I order a BJD from a company. For comparison, it took about the same amount of time as my Volks online FCS I ordered around the same time to arrive.

Yes. He's a lovely doll, the resin feels and looks very nice, and the colour is lovely.

Other than the fact that I ordered a different resin colour than the sales pictures used, yep, looked exactly like I expected with exactly the faceup I expected.

Yep.

N/A

If they put out another doll I need in my collection, absolutely.

Sure, assuming good price/condition.

I love the variety of resin colors offered.

13. * What did you order?
      Withdoll Cecily (White, faceup, wig, eyes, clear hands and feets)

* When did you order?
      2015-06-02

dealer?

Directly from Withdoll.

Pretty nice, but sometimes have issues with english. I guess it's because english not native not for me nor for Withdoll workers ^_^'

Just usual PayPal payment. I make order with Layaway and sent money every time i have it, in different amounts and Withdoll was ok with it) I just wrote in their Q&A section how much i payed and how many left to pay.

Just three month before shipping (09/22/2015), i think it's pretty fast, especially because i order Cecily with faceup and clear parts.

I think it is.

Cecily was even better in real life xD

Absolutely!

I already did))

Sure.

14. * What did you order?
      WithDoll Aiden in real UV, without face up.
      * When did you order?
      2017-10-2
      dealer?

Through DolkUS

Yes, I payed with PayPal
      I got my doll the 2018-1-2. It was a bit of a surprise since I hadn't gotten a notice that he had shipped.
      He is nice quality and an okay poser, but his wrist joint did break after less that 1 month.
      Yes
      In some degree. His wrist joint broke after less than 1 month after I got him.
      I contacted Dolk Station and they promised to contact WithDoll so I could get a replacement. It has now been 3 months and nothing. I don't know if it is Dolk Station or WithDoll that have poor customer service. (Update: After around 4 months I got replacements for the wrist joint)
      Yes, but next time directly from the company
      Yes

#34 LilliBP, Jun 11, 2018
      Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    15. * What did you order? Adriana RW blank.
      * When did you order? April 23, 2016
      dealer? Directly.
      * How was the communication? They responded fairly promptly when I asked about how much longer it would take once it was at the quoted time.
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy-peasy.
      * How long did it take to ship? In total it took about 3 months but their stated time was 2.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? About average with other companies.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? The sculpt did but I didn't order in the promo resin color (grey)
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very much so. From the feel of the resin, to the color stability, to the posing, to the sculpting overall.
      * Would you order from this company again? If I ever need another 60cm girl, yes, but not likely.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? I would consider it.
      * Any additional words/thoughts on this company? n/a

16. * What did you order?
      Special re-release BWD Astronaut Ace

* When did you order?
      Last couple days of March, 2020

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Direct

Great - I got an automated Paypal receipt email, but nothing from Withdoll. So I wrote on their Q&A board to ask that my order was confirmed OK, and they replied within a day or two.

Automatic PP checkout

* How long did it take to ship? I
      It wasn't as long as I thought it would be - the product page said 10 weeks, plus 2 more weeks if options were added; but I got it today, June 9, so it was barely a full 2 months.

Yup! Better than expected, given that it was a sale price.

Yes - the outfit was perfect~

So, so much! :D

N/A

Yes, I am already planning to keep a close eye on their releases for more astronauts! :XD:

If it was in good shape, and an item I wanted, yes!

Super happy with my order, and turnaround time! I didn't actually get any direct emails from Withdoll, for order confirmation or shipping notice, but the quality is top notch, and the price was great!

17. * What did you order? Rocket 1/8th doll
      * When did you order? November 3, 2021
      dealer? Direct from the company
      * How was the communication? Non existent
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy
      * How long did it take to ship? I have no idea when the doll shipped, it just showed up a little under 2 months after I ordered.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? It looked exactly like the photos
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes
      * Any additional words/thoughts on this company? After I placed the order it said I would get a confirmation email, I never got that email. I never got ANY email or communication from them at all. Also the COA does not have the proper name on it, they wrote "Rocker" instead of Rocket. Overall though, this was one of the shortest wait times for a resin doll, the quality seems nice, the posablity on such a small doll is reallllllly good and the doll is stinking adorable! I would definitely buy another doll in this size from them!