1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Wondering about keeping dolls on shelves, what depth is good so they dont fall off?

Feb 9, 2011

1. Hey guys. I was thinking of putting up Shelves to sit my SD 13 girls on.. anyone know what depth the shelves should be so they sit okay without worry of falling off.

TIA

2. A good way to figure this out would be to set them on a desk or table, and see how far back they need to be for them to be stable.

3. I have a shelf of about 20cm depth for my dolls (possibly even a bit less). It's actually a CD shelf with a bit bigger top for other stuff. Even for my 70cm doll it's good enough. Though better watch out with dolls that are a bit unstable. My tiny gives me the most problems, certainly when my bf puts them away -_-"
      Just see whether they sit stable enough and check them out once in a while for the first hours to make sure they still are ;)

4. I have these mad 15-3/4" deep shelves from IKEA which are deep enough to seat an SD16 if needed. I keep my dolls sitting on furniture, so their legs are up out of the way, but that's more than deep enough for an SD13 girl (with stiletto heels on). They're also modular/expandable, for collections that seem to keep growing.

Actually they're more like high-rise dormitories. :whee:

5. We just finished adding some shelving to my workroom, including a 12 in. by 4 ft. cantilever shelf for my doll collection. It's terrific to have a place to display my dolls but it has such a low weight limit (around 15 lbs.) that I won't be putting anything except my dolls on it. I will have to unbox all my dolls, too. There isn't room enough to store the boxes, empty or full. Sheesh. So far, I'm comfortable with 15 cm to 60 cm dolls sitting on that shelf. Unfortunately I have a 70 cm EID who doesn't sit well while clothed, and he's flat on his back, until I find a better, more interesting position. ^_^

6. I really like how this looks.. " )

7. Thanks for all the info guys. I appreciate it.. off to look at shelving this weekend and see what might work.