1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Worst time to order?

Sep 29, 2010

1. I have ordered at all times of the year and so far have had no problems. I tend to buy the most during sales and so that dictates a lot when I place orders.

2. When do you think is the worst time to order a doll?
      When there is a large event, like Christmas. And during the typhoon season.
      Do you think Seasons make a difference?
      Yes. Summer in Korea will halt production because it is so humid that it effects everything, how the resin settles and how quick faceups dry. Everything.
      How do you feel during holidays?
      If you mean holiday for humans....nothing because it doesn't effect me at all.
      Ever plan for a doll to arrive during a certain time?
      No...I'm just happy when they do. I understand this question because the doll might be for a birthday, or need to arrive in time to attend an event, or just before the owner leaves for holidays. For me...everything is too unpredictable so I don't plan.
      Did the time work out?
      Well, two years in a row I've had a doll get on a plane just when a typhoon hits us. I don't even care if the house gets flooded, I just hope to the gods that my doll is okay on that plane. LOL

#42 yuan_mdx, Jan 6, 2016
      Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    3. When do you think is the worst time to order a doll?
      Christmas season,
      Do you think Seasons make a difference?

Not really. summer is usually active.
      How do you feel during holidays?

Anxious, mostly because I am aware that packages may be delayed due to the amount of mail at during this time of the year. and the risk of it getting lost ^^;;;
      Ever plan for a doll to arrive during a certain time?

I try to place my order after or right at the holidays, to avoid the shipping rush.
      Did the time work out?

yes, usually, I get my packages right around the estimated time without any problems

4. I think the worst time to order is when a company is not having an event. Even if it arrives later, I'd prefer to get a discount or free goodies. And unfortunately most of the good events happen during the holidays/at the end of the year. Although companies some companies take a really long time to make/ship dolls anyway so a lot of it depends on the company ordered from.