1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you buy for your doll a wig of dog hair?

Aug 22, 2016

?
  1. May be

79 vote(s)
    47.0%
  2. Never

89 vote(s)
    53.0%
    1. Currently i got hair of Yorkshire terrier.
      The hair is wonderful - soft, silky. It is great for making wigs of elderly characters.
      I hope i even will be able to remove the dog's smell of the hair.
      Still, i'm not sure someone will buy a wig with the lable 'dog' on it.
      (Don't get me wrong, the dog is still alife, it is only it's hair i use ))) )
      What do you think?

#1 Erlif, Aug 22, 2016
      Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    2. No... Just... No...

3. I love that people are going to be grossed out about this. ITS HAIR. Its just like using alpaca fur. If cleaned and well made, i dont see why not at all. Go for it girl!

4. I even really hate all the mohair and alpaca ones. Synthetic fibers all the way imo. SCIENCE!

5. My worry would be where it came from and the wellfare of the dog since it's not a typical farm animal...did you collect it from your own dog?

6. I see people using dog and cat fur for knitting so why not =))))))

7. That is a good point though. Magical synthetic!

Thats a good concern i agree with!

8. Omg people use dog and cat hair for knitting? My mind was just blown. How? 0.0

Anyways, my initial knee jerk reaction was hell no. I personally find the smell of dog really.. Doggy. Just.. I don't enjoy it. Also every dog I've pet isn't soft like a cat or the hair is really poofy and I can't see it sitting nicely.

After thinking about it, though. I would be curious to see results and then decide. XD so long as it doesn't smell like dog. Main concern. Yup.

9. Why isn't there a "yes" option on the poll?? I'd definitely buy a dog hair wig. Why not? It's hair. I bet it styles really nice. I have a neighbour who has the most gorgeous pure white Samoyed and she feels like a warm cloud of happiness. I bet her trimmings would make a lovely wig!

As dogs are companion animals and not farmed, this would be the absolute opposite of my concerns, honestly - it's coming from a beloved, looked-after, happy animal. Industrial farming doesn't necessarily prioritise an animal's happiness and contentment. I'm sure it'd be fine! It'd have to be an extremely unusual situation for the dogs to be unethically farmed for fur..!

#9 Lupie_Stardust, Aug 22, 2016
      Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2016
    10. You'd hope so, but I can definitely see an over enthusiastic person plucking or shaving their dog bald to make wigs ! People do crazy and unsafe things to their pets sometimes. At least the alpaca mohair industry is regulated, and it tends to have pretty high welfare standards as far as farming goes (I am sure there are exceptions).

11. Im saying no. However i have a yorkie and if one was to make a wig of this hair its not bad for ppl who have allergies as they are hypoallergenic. They also have human like hair so they dont shed which is also great for hypoallergenic. But that means this dog will be groomed and trimmed to get the hair. My guy loves the grooming hates the trimming makes him sick to his tummy everytime.

12. For me is like alpca fiber ;) I will even say that alpaca fiber smell much worse than a dog
      the most important thing is about nice looking wig. And if the fiber is good quality than why not ?
      Some people may think is gross but I am sure that when thay will see a beautifull wig and that other people are buying tham, some day thay will also like it .

13. I see no problem in using dog or any other animal fiber if it is clean and fits my goals. By the way it is very hard to find good fiber! Goat is too wavy (especially unfer the rain), alpaca is too thin and tender, lama is TOO wavy, what else? Faux fur is short, wig-fiber is thick and looks bad for me.
      Yorkshire looks good? Okay, let it be! :3nodding:

14. Have you tried yarn?

15. @HunnyBunny yes^^ And I still lookin for another material... :sigh

16. The imagination of your dog sitting next to you and asking "wth are you doing with my hair?"
      While an alpaca would be happy about the weight loss.

There are things you just don't do. Threads like this lead to questions, why not use my own hair. And then, which part of... :sweat

17. I really like yarn. If you buy a soft brand and use a pet brush gently then flat iron it on a low temp it looks really nice. Considered making them for people i know who have dolls.

18. @HunnyBunny I will try again :) thank you for the tip! :)

19. Your welcome try youtube and kinda shop around to see ine you like best even if its yarn wig for a human youll get the idea. Also i turn mine into wefts after brushing out and straightning i can make a msd size wig in a day.