1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you ever intentionally damage your doll?

Dec 17, 2009

1. Never.

If I really wanted to create injuries, or something I would get a really good make-up artist and put props. First of all, I can control that. Second of all, it's most likely reversible.

2. If you really want the damage to be left up to "chance", do it the D&D way- assign each body part a number, and roll a die to see what part would be hurt. Assign different types of injuries to each number and roll the die again. Then you can mod an injury to the doll based on those random chances, but still make it a proper modification, instead of throwing a doll off a building and finding you've shattered something beyond repair and turned your beloved and expensive doll into a pile of junk parts.

I really can't see why wnyone would destroy a doll on purpose. Modifications, scars, etc... sure. But chucking it off a building or lighting it on fire just to see what happens? I don't see the point, honestly.

3. I would never intentionally hurt my Doll. She's basically the most expensive thing I own thats not a car. And I love her alot. She's basically my baby. :) I accidently ruined her eyelashes once and couldn't fix them in one eye and her scalp fell off because the band broke. But those were accidents, I killed myself for it though. xD

4. No way I'm gonna intentionally drop my future doll..If I do,I gonna cry and lock myself in my room..T_T

5. This is exactly the way I think. If I like a doll enough to buy it, then I think about a name that could fit and after the doll arrived and I sooner or later figure out what kind of person this doll could be. From time to time I get inspired by certain characters. My R-ASIAM was named after a manga character named Ciel. He came with an outfit that fitted to this manga character and I've ordered a wig in the same color and style of this character. But after I received Ciel I figured out that he would never look or be like this character. So I changed his wig, clothes and just kept the name.

It's very interesting how important it is for other collectors to have a doll that fits to a certain character and I can understand it a bit, too. My priorities are just different.

6. You're serious, right? Because I can't imagine destroying a doll just to replicate an injury. If you really feel that the iinjury is neccesary to the doll's character, I'd send him to a highly respected modder & have it done that way. It would be much more controlled & most likely appear more like you want than a quick toss off a building which is likely to just smash the entire doll into bits.

And personally, no, no way would I ever conciously damage my dolls. They're just too expensive & beautiful to mutilate.

7. Wow... that's definitely a no-no..

8. umm. no, over my dead body.

9. Ermmm....no. They´re very expensive to do such things ^^U

10. I honestly think it would be interesting to see what came out of it. I know everyone here has so far said "no dude! No good!"; but think how many amazing modders there are that have taken disaster dolls and built on that to make AMAZING dolls. I think with proper modding skills, on top of the damage from a "major" fall, you could have a very unique and amazing doll. I won't lie, I'm too scared to ever even think of doing it to my own, but if you have the guts, I say go for it, and just keep it a small fall (not enough to totally demolish mr dollie).

11. I think if it's for the sake of developing a character, and assuming that you were never planning on re-selling the doll; that intentional damage is fine. Even so and after all~ The owner shelled out quite a few clams for their doll, they should be allowed to do what ever the want with it.

Unless the reason they're hurting their doll is because they're angry, and need something to take it out on. Then I think they should maybe think about finding some help :/

Actually, I have a character that was set fire to, and just a couple of minutes ago I was wondering how I should go about translating that onto the doll. Then again, 3rd degree burns arn't like a chipped arm, you cant get it randomly from dropping your doll...

12. I don't think that intentionally damaging a doll would even give it the same effect as having a professional (or at least experienced person) do it. Your doll would most likely just look like... a doll that's been damaged.

13. I think if you are looking for an element of chance you could use a random number generator online and assign possible outcomes to the values, or dice, or cards (hell that would be up to 52 different possibilities) and that way you have a decision of chance without the risk of REALLY doing something that would be not only irreprable but also could ruin your doll beyond YOUR useability (such as shattering the face)

14. No I would never do that. I am a 13 year old girl and getting these dolls are really hard for me to get. I dont think you should do this, because if you get a doll you really like and drop it and it breacks into alot of peaces you would be really up set. Just get some one to mod if for you.

15. noo, never! loves mine to bits

16. Err, no, because none of my characters have permanent injuries to that extent. And even if they did, I would just damage the part that has the injury, rather than throwing the whole doll out of the window. ^^"

17. gosh no! ;;A;; the thought of just dropping one of my babies makes me cringe;;;; i'd never do such a thing as to drop them from a high place or even a small distance ;A;

if i ever wanted to achieve injured looks i'd stick with making scars and things i could remove later if i wished, or just using simple bandages ;A;

also if someone were to do this, the risk is so high ;A; the doll could be damaged beyond repair and then you'd be out of a lot of money and heart broken ;A; plus the effect wont work as much as i think you might think it would, you'd get chips and cracks and most likely shatters @_@;;; and humans dont do that;;;;;

18. No ... For me this question is just like if you asked me "Have you ever hit your cat" ... So Definitively NO !

19. I would never intentionally damage my doll. I don't exactly see the point. Like others have mentioned, what if the nose breaks off, or a part shatters? It just doesn't seem right to let fate decide what happens to your doll that you paid so much money for. I don't even leave my girl out of her box for more than a week or so, because I'm afraid of yellowing :V I'd probably die if her nose broke off or something :V