1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you go to a physical BJD store?

Dec 21, 2014

1. Definitely!! I'm in Canada and the exchange rate is crazy right now. Shopping for clothes, wigs, etc. is a major pain, especially with the added cost of shipping @_@

2. Cuz it would be cool to see bjd stores irl instead of a site

3. Would you go to it?
      heck yes! literally all bjd related things are very inaccessible where i live, i have to pay a ton for currency conversion and shipping, so being able to get everything in a store would be very, very nice :'- )

What would you expect to find there?
      premade bjds, galleries, care and faceup supplies, clothes, wigs, eyes and accessories!

What would you want it to have?
      all of the above, plus some kind of bjd ordering service

Would you be fine with it having other hobbies in there too?
      of course! the more the merrier, right?

If you have been to a physical bjd store, how was it??
      ive never been to one, unfortunately :'- ( maybe one day!

4. Would you go to it?
      Yes, it would be fun to look though even if I couldn't buy anything! It would also be a cool way to meet people that like BJDs!

Dolls, clothing, wigs, shoes, eyes, accessories, extra parts, the ability to order though them and pick up at their store to cut the hassle.

Hopefully some YoSD clothing, because that's the size doll I want! Also hope they would carry more 1/6 Chinese dolls, because at the moment they are my favorites!

Yeah, totally! Anything creative!

Never been, none near me! xD

5. Would you go to it?
      I'd love the real life BJD store for sure, and if located not far from me I'd visit it quite often.

I'd be happy with any stuff thay might offer - though I'd prefer the quality stuff over the rather cheap no-name and handmade items.

All the BJD related items, especially the complete outfits, wigs, shoes, eyes. Eyeputty, stands (especially stands!), strings and sealant would be great too. I'm not sure about the dolls as they are quite expensive on one side (for the store to have lots of them in stock) and I'm not often interested in non-limited basic dolls at the other - but having some dolls would be really cool. Also I'm not interested in doll furniture at all, but I guess there might be people who want it.

It wouldn't be a problem for me :)

I've been to a BJD store in Hong Kong, and it was very tempting - I've got several purchases that I didn't ever plan to make. Though I never had any regrets on the items I got there, so it was a total win for me.

6. I'd love to have a physical BJD store in my city, surely I'd visit it often and leave there a lot of my money xD I'd especially appreciate the wigs and eyes there, as that's what is being changed quite often and what the character the doll is representing depends a lot on (other than the face-up of course). Having company-made clothes and shoes would be great too, and the dolls themselves sound like a bankruptcy for me )))

7. Would you go to it?

yes, definitely!

Probably dolls, parts, clothes, etc.

Lots of dolls on display!

Yeah, of course. I'd probably expect some anime stuff.

I went to a Volks store once and it was great! It really gave me a sense of their doll's proportions that I couldn't get from just reading online. I also learned that dolls' faces tend to be cuter in person.

8. I'd love to go to a physical store and get to browse. But there aren't any here... :(

9. I would totally go, I would also love if it sold in local currency. I would love for them to have dolls, clothes, accessories, basically everything!

10. Would you go to it?
      I would probably go just about every day :XD:

Clothes, eyes, wigs, and maybe a few dolls.

Same as the last question

I would be ok with it as long as it was mostly BJD and they were things I could use as props or something.

11. I would die if I found out my area had a BJD store. I would look around and admire all the dolls, but I would go CRAZY if they had an amazing clothing selection, all my money would vanish :D One day I swear I will visit Japan, or maybe even South Korea and I WILL be visiting a BJD store no matter how much my fiance will groan XD

12. Oh gosh, a brick and mortar doll store in my state would be a dream come true... I'd buy ALL the things!

13. Oh, that would be so amazing! I'd love to go to a place like that to buy supplies for faceups, pre-made clothing and shoes... I think it would be fun to be able to commission people for faceups and that sort of thing, too. Technically Mint On Card is a few hours north of me. I could go there if I really wanted to, so maybe someday.

14. Would you go to it?
      YES!

Dolls, clothes, wigs, eyes, doll maintenance stuff, ect.

I'd love it if it furniture and props, especially in 1/4 scale!

Yeah, I don't think I'd mind at all.

15. I never went to a physical BJD store...:horror:Hope I will.

16. Absolutely! I have also read about some BJD cafes in Korea and I really wanna visit one! Would love to see many bjds in real life.

17. Would you go to it?
      Yesss!!! I would go and silently drool over everything and cry because I have no money for anything.
      Doll stuff? Duh? But probably not any huge doll companies like FL or Iple etc. Probably lots of clothes/props.
      Lots of clothes, shoes and props/furniture. BJDs are cool too.
      Yeah, I mean, the BJD community is pretty niche, so I wouldn't expect a new business to conform to just this hobby when they can make more money from selling stuff to multiple hobbies.
      Never been :sigh But I would really love to go to the Mirai store in Japan! I'd even visit Japan just to go there, build my own doll... (even tho Smartdoll isn't technically a BJD) Or Denver Doll Emporium! If I'm ever in Colorado, I'm 100% going to stop there. Halt whatever we're doing, we're going.

18. Would you go to it?

Oh helllllllll yes. Even though my wallet would cry many emo tears.

A little of everything, honestly. Since no shop can actually have everything.

I'd want to see a variety of dolls, some doll clothing, and doll maintenance stuff. You know, the basics. Like I said, no shop can actually have everything but I'd like to see a decent spread of options.

Why wouldn't I? If it kept 'em in business longer then power to 'em. Running a shop devoted straight up to BJDs might not be profitable enough to keep the shop afloat, depending on where that shop was. A shop in an urban area -- like the Elfdoll and Volks shops that used to be in California -- would be better off than a shop in a smaller town, where I'd expect to see a broader variety of stuff.

I miss my store! Dolls and Friends in Bellevue was the most wonderful place. You could go on in, see a bunch of dolls on display, order stuff, they had meets there, the works. They carried a lot of other dolls and figures and stuff in addition to BJDs, which is perfectly a-ok. Getting to pick my Red up in person at a doll meet in a store full of dolls was seriously something else. I mean, how often do you get to unbox a doll in a store?

19. Never been to a physical store before, would like to.

#379 Melissa, Oct 29, 2016
      Last edited: Sep 1, 2023
    20. Would you go to it?
      Oh yes, it would be like entering Narnia. The only problem I would have is that it's very dangerous......for my wallet

Well I'd hope I'd find some yummy BJD's, clothes, shoes, accessories

All of the above

Oh yes, the more the merrier

Unfortunately I haven't