1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you go to a physical BJD store?

Dec 21, 2014

1. I would probably tear up if I went into a real bjd store like VOLKS or something. I would tear up from the amazement and also because I would want to buy EVERYTHING.

2. Would you go to it?
      Yes, definitely! I dislike buying things online because shipping is expensive and takes forever so it would be nice to have a physical store nearby.

What would you expect to find there?
      Clothes and wigs, furniture... maybe some dolls as well. ^w^

What would you want it to have?
      The things mentioned above! Also some supplies for faceups would be super. Why not some sort of a café as well!

Would you be fine with it having other hobbies in there too?
      Sure, why not!

If you have been to a physical bjd store, how was it??
      Sadly I've never had the opportunity to go. :<

3. When I lived in Illinois, I would visit a doll shop that had a room dedicated to BJDs. What I liked most about it is that the owner allowed you to try wigs and clothes on your dolls to make sure that they fit.

4. Would you go to it?
      Absolutely! It would be so nice to see everything in person.

Probably clothes, accessories, furniture, dolls, doll parts perhaps?

What would you want it to have? Would you be fine with it having other hobbies in there too?

All of the above, and I wouldn't mind other hobbies in the store too. I like the idea of sign-ups for things like sewing and face-ups, etc. It might even be a safe place to trade, or to put your extras up for sale. Like a doll thrift store or something.

5. I've been to Volks in Tokyo and Seoul, mostly to browse what they have and get replacement parts with my friend for her DD girl. We also went to a BJD cafe while we were in korea and while the photo sets were impressive there wasn't much to do as we couldn't mingle with locals due to the language barrier.

As for what I expect at a BJD store? There's usually eyes and various sets of clothing as well as dioramas. I wouldn't buy anything unless it were an established brand but it would be interesting to check out.

6. I would absolutely visit a BJD store. It would be really great to see more BJDs in person, given that I've only ever seen a few irl.
      It would also be nice to be able to actually see things like clothes, accessories, and wigs and how they look in front of your face (and maybe even how they feel!) instead of just on a computer screen... and same goes for the dolls too. :D

7. Would you go to it? Hell yeah. :XD:

What would you expect to find there? At the very least, clothes + accessories.

What would you want it to have? Ideally, clothes in multiple sizes, shoes, eyes, the works haha... But that'd be hard to run unless you are more established imo... A place for mini meets or photos would be fun too ~

Would you be fine with it having other hobbies in there too? If it was related in a way, sure. Things like figures, other types of dolls, anime merchandise, plushies--- things that wouldn't clash too much and make the store feel like it's concept is confused.

If you have been to a physical bjd store, how was it?? I've been to several in Japan and Korea & they were all interesting in their own ways haha. It's usually a bit difficult to find some of the smaller stores unless you have someone who knows the area helping you ( or wifi, if you travel to Japan or Korea look into renting/borrowing a wifi egg! ). It's also tougher to ask questions in a different language haha.

The closest thing in NA that I've been to are the booths at bjd cons or anime cons. Either way I enjoy seeing doll stuff in person, I also have a habit of staring at things and pondering whether or not it would be able to be made into something for dolly purposes :XD:

8. Oh man I would love to go to a doll store, especially if it had BJDS. I would suspect I would go often and make a day of it if it had nice restaurants and other stores nearby. It would be great if it had a little space in the back for meetups so people could discuss or craft at the tables.

9. i recently learned that i have one not too far from my house! it's a few counties over and a bit of a drive so i haven't had a chance to get over there yet, but i want to try and visit soon to buy clothes for my new unoa girl :fangirl: they also have several dolls i had been all heart-eyes over that were out of stock on MOC and DDE so it'll be nice (and painful) to see them in person! i wish i had somebody to go with though :sweat i'm kind of shy about doll hobby stuff honestly.

10. Would you go to it?
      Totally! If it's near me, I'd probably visit everyday!

Dolls, accessories, clothes, gathering space for members etc.

Dolls from every manufacturer! Oh wait, that's a museum. lol. I don't know, maybe the shop's very own custom-made OOAK doll for us to ooohh and ahhhh

No way!

Haven't been to any yet. Only some blythes/pullips store

11. Would you go to it?
      Yes! So many gorgeous dolls in one area *^*

Dolls, clothes, set props, restoration materials, face-up supplies.

Bjd's from companies Doll Chateau and other more creative body types

Yes! It would bring more people into the hobby~

Nope, but a gal can dream.

12. Of course I would! Sure, I wouldn't have the cash to actually BUY anything but I'd just go there and window-shop and perhaps have some interesting conversations with other people in the hobby. :dance

13. Would you go to it?
      I'm not sure you could get me to leave it!

A good selection of the company's most recent dolls, one or two OOAK sets just for looking at, probably a place to sit and page through catalogs.

A cafe (like the Kinokuniya in NYC), somewhere to sit and just take it in. Honestly I'd probably be happiest if it was like a Build-A-Bear from Heaven.

Sure! What a way for a meet-cute with a Gundam fan, right?

14. AbSOlutely! I would love to see dolls in person and make sure everything's okay before I buy, not to mention not having to deal with shipping costs! I definitely plan to scope out and visit some physical bjd stores when I go to Japan.

15. Yes I so would! I actually had a dream that I walked into a BJD shop that was in a mall. There were different sculpts from different companies, clothes, shoes, eyes, wigs, etc. There was even a shelf full of off-topic dolls like repainted monster high dolls :')

16. Would you go to it? Omg YES in a heartbeat!

What would you expect to find there? Face-up supplies, clothes, eyes, wigs, restinging stuff. and props.

What would you want it to have? All of the things list plus clubs (like meet-ups) and select dolls in stock.

Would you be fine with it having other hobbies in there too? Of course.

17. Oh my god YES! It would be so nice to see the sculpts in person and not just in photos and be able to meet other people in the hobby. It would be amazing.

18. Would you go to it?
      Yes!! Probably more often than I even needed too. I'm a huge fan of browsing and I feel like a physical store would put things into perspective much easier. Sometimes you buy something and it just doesn't look quite as good as it did online.

Base dolls, doll parts (hands, feet) and doll accessories such as eyes, wigs and clothes.

All of the above and maybe even a community center/meets sort of thing? There's a local game store that does DnD nights, it would be really cool to have something similar, or maybe even beginners classes into learning about doll care or even classes on sewing doll clothing or crafting your own things.

I'd be more than happy for other hobbies to intertwine, it'd make it even easier to find people with similar/more hobbies, and I think it would even encourage people from the other hobbies to check out BJDs and vice versa.

I've never been to a physical BJD store before, sadly.

19. Would you go to it?
      Yes, but things in Singapore are way too overpriced so will probably just take a look there.

I would expect clothes, wigs, eyes and accessories.

Some dolls on display and small set ups with props for photography.

Of course, it will be more fun I guess.

I just went to Nine9 cafe last week during my trip to Korea. It was quite fun, I had a drink and played a bit with my off-topic Appledoll there. The staff was friendly and even helped me double check the sizes of the clothes during payment, if not I would've ended up with 2 smaller sized ones. I hope I can bring and play with my SD there someday :)

20. I live in Tokyo, and am very blessed to have physical stores I can go to!
      Being able to see the dolls in person was what convinced me to get my first doll.

I was also able to go to the Nine9 cafe on a recent trip to Korea. It wasn't quite as exciting as I was expecting (honestly) but I got a lot of really beautiful pictures of my boy~