1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you go to a physical BJD store?

Dec 21, 2014

1. Would you go to it?
      If it is not too far from where I live I would go!

What would you expect to find there?
      Clothes, shoes, wigs and accessories for all sizes!

What would you want it to have?
      BJD's!
      Would you be fine with it having other hobbies in there too?
      If its closely related to bjd's, then yes!

If you have been to a physical bjd store, how was it??
      I've never been to a bjd store, but I wish there was one close to where I live!

2. Would you go to it?
      Yes I totally would!

Clothes, wigs, shoes.

Definitely MSD clothes and possibly dolls to buy!

Yeah sure!

I've never been but it would be cool to someday!

3. Would you go to it?
      Absolutely! If it means not having to hunt for stuff constantly/if it's convenient, it doesn't matter if its a few hours or even a state away.

Most likely clothing and shoes, possibly some modding/painting supplies.

I would really love if it had in-scale props or accessories. Anything 1/3 scale that isn't AG based is so hard for me to find!

This is something I'd also expect to find there. Maybe stuff for model or figure collectors.

I've never really been, but I'm hoping to get to DollPoint in Akihabara some day.

4. If you have been to a physical bjd store, how was it??
      I went to the Volks shop in Shinjuku during one of my stays in Japan. It's located in a corner of a smallish mall called Studio Alta and I stumbled over it by accident when I was shopping for shoes there. They had a very nice selection of dolls on display and lots of clothes, shoes and accessories, even discounted items and several sets. The shop assistant was super friendly, she gave us some very pretty postcards even though we didn't buy anything.
      However every single doll was severely yellowed because they just sit there, out in the open. They were as yellow as lemons and that kind of shocked me especially considering Volks' prices. I didn't own a bjd back then (it was my second visit in 2012) and seeing that really held me back from buying one for quite some time.

5. I live near a physical BJD store but they are only open upon request/application so I've never been inside.
      I would honestly just love to see their dolls regardless of if they're the ones for sale or just the store's personal collection. Being able to see a resin collection in person just sounds really lovely.

I would also love to be able to see eyes in person so I know how they look from afar as well as up close because I'm picky about color.

6. YES! It's definitely on my bucket list! I really hope to be able to go to Japan someday and go to any of their stores!

7. Would you go to it?
      Yes, definitely!

Dolls, clothes, accessories, and the like.

Fully assembled dolls ready to be bought! Clothes and accessories, too.

I don't mind~ I think it would make visiting the store much interesting that way. :)

Nope! I hope too someday. ><

8. Would you go to it?
      Yes, on a regular basis!

BJDs of a couple or so well known-lines, some clothes, shoes, wigs, eyes. Furniture and other diorama props.

Variety of BJDs for customers to handle and see how they pose and move, BJDs in stock, clothes, wigs, eyes, shoes, props in appropriate scales (order in a different scale if like something available in another). Pet BJDs. Feature new artists’ works. Tools for the hobby including faceup supplies as well as workshops for faceups, wig making, restringing. Custom/special order services. BJD information desk that includes display of dolls lined up by the different sizes and terminology used. Sandwich shop/café ;) Meetup room. Someone’s response included a photography area with backdrops and such. Love it! Let me think, what else…

Maybe non-BJD dolls, accessories, props

I wish! I’ve been trying to find out if there is one in Atlanta. You’d think there’d be one in a city that size.

9. I would love to! Ive been searching for a physical bjd store in taiwan because ill be traveling there with my family and i just really want to go to 1 store. Ive been asking around and theres 2 stores in taipei tho the other one is for DD which i dont have and the other one has a cafe which is awesome btw. :D

10. Would you go to it?
      Yes, I would love to. Too bad that I don't have any in thousands of miles radius.

Anything and everything bjd-related and expert doll-fans as salespersons.

First of all in-stock items. Especially some you can pre-order or order only during a very limited time. One of my biggest problems with anything bjd-relates has been that you can never take your time to wonder what you want to buy, you can never take a look before your decision except the very rare cases of having anybody in around who already has the thing and can get into contact.
      Second: pick-up point of store-organized group orders.
      Meet-up opportunities for local bjd communities.

Sure, why not. No problem. As long as the stuff has experience with BJD and not only action figures for example.

If you have been to a physical bjd store, how was it?

Not yet, but if I ever visit Korea or Japan, I will not miss the chance.

11. One thousand times YES!

12. Would you go to it?
      Heck yes!

All necessary accessories for bjd's!

Nice fullset outfits and bjds

Yea I don't mind~

Not necessarily a bjd store, but in Osaka near Namba station/dendentown there was this animate store(I believe) or some anime store which had a section focused on obitsu/dollfie dream styled dolls, parts, accessories, and clothes! I was tempted to get one but I had no instant big bucks on me....

13. Would you go to it?
      Yes! I already have :lol:

Everything!

Everything again :lol:

I suppose yeah

If you have been to a physical bjd store, how was it?
      Luckily I live about a 10min drive from DDE and I have picked up both of my girls from there. It's not your average store though, there's only one shelf of display dollies (mostly fairylands) and the rest are hidden in the back. Sometimes I drop by when I need eyes or small other things and of course to pick up my dollies:love

14. Definitely yes! But I don't have any bjd-stores in my city.

15. Would you go to it?
      If it isn't to far from me then for sure! (Though theirs a Lolita store in Texas supposedly...so really it wont matter to me lol, just needs to be confirmed to exist and I'll get there somehow. But having it close would for obvious reasons make it easier.

Everything! from Dolls to clothes to accessories even faceup materials and more! I like the idea of it selling dolls to actually get a good look at to really help see if you want it, though for a hobby like this their could be cons to having it right there.(Ie less time deciding if its the right one.)

Someone a few pages back said they'd like to see it have a crafting and photography area and I couldn't agree more! maybe even a little BJTea area!(Get it?? ...I'll show myself out.) but seriously being able to talk to others while learning various styles and techniques would be a blast!

Actually yes, I often see Lolita styles go hand and hand with BJD(Some even having it as a meetup theme)so I could 100% see that hobby in the store as well.

....Does my imagination or dreams count? No? Okay then. lol

16. What would you expect to find there?
      Dolls, obviously, but I'd also probably expect to see other common materials for the hobby like eyes, wigs, outfits, shoes, putty, etc. I also probably wouldn't expect the store to stock really obscure brands.

Definitely all of the above, but you know how a lot of gaming stores also have an area with tables for people to set up and play their games? I'd love something like that for BJDs. I'm not sure how practical that'd be, though, considering faceups and photography tend to have more demanding space requirements than just putting down a map and taking out some miniatures and dice.

Absolutely. In fact, I might even welcome it, since a lot of other hobbies go hand in hand with BJD. For instance, I wouldn't mind at all if OT dolls were also sold, or Asian fashion.

17. Would you go to it?
      Yes, I would and have. It's quite odd at first to shop at one.

Before I actually went to one, I didn't expect much of a huge selection because it was in a mall near me and was mainly cutesy/anime Japanese merchandise.

More variety in stuff. It's mostly yo-sd stuff. They can perhaps bump up a size in clothing but I can understand why they don't because the market is small.
      The are other hobbies there such as cosplay and figure collecting.
      It was fun but meh in terms of critiquing the actual doll section.

18. It is not easy to keep a phisical store now, the cost is very high

Actually, we would like to visit the phisical store, where it is convenient to meet many interesting people

Actually, we would like to visit the phisical store, where it is convenient to meet many interesting people, and you can have a lose look of the real doll, instead of pictures. As you know, there is often big difference between the real doll and the photos.

I remember there were 4 phisical stores in Beijing in 2015, but we just have one now. The other 3 stores were closed one by one. But, the owner of the current one is really a good person, and attracts many people to visit her store all the time.

#498 dong2016, Feb 8, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2018
    19. Would you go to it?
      - Absolutely! I would honestly prefer this x9999 times since shipping hurts so much o(-<
      - Mostly accessories (wigs, clothes, eyes, and the like) and craft materials that are doll friendly. Perhaps some model dolls for "showcase" or spotlight kinda thing to give more physical visuals for those who plan to buy a certain sculpt.
      - those things i expect to find x'D
      - perfectly fine, the more the merrier.. it's nice to see people buy stuffs for the hobby they love

20. Please tell me where there is one and I'll go!
      Seriously, does anyone have a list of physical bjd stores in the U.S. (even ones that sell other things)??
      If so, THANK YOU!