1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you go to a physical BJD store?

Dec 21, 2014

1. Would you go to it?
      Not me, but Jennifer Wales would, and she has guns.

What would you expect to find there?
      Dolls, dolls, heaps of dolls and clothes and accessoires.

What would you want it to have?
      Everything BJD related.

Would you be fine with it having other hobbies in there too?
      I think Jennifer don't care.

What would you do?
      Me, call the police.
      Jennifer Wales, rob the store and come home with tons of new dolls....

2. Would you go to it?
      Yes a million times yes

Clothes dolls on display maybe a cafe?..

Clothes, shoes. maybe some dolls buy an area to take pictures

Yes i woud love to see other hobbies there and maybe they would come to see the dolls too

If you have been to a physical bjd store, how was it??
      I've been to nine9style in seoul it was fun they had a lot of things that you could buy. Many places around to take photos and great smoothies.( they were also a cafe )

3. Would you go to it?
      Yes, Definitely!!

Dolls, clothes, accessories, a place to take pics of the dolls too (something like diorama), a place for doll owners to hang out too.

Everything my dolls need, and make them happy ^^

Yes, I think it would be more fun and interesting with other hobbies/toys there.

If you have been to a physical bjd store, how was it??
      Yes, Volks store in Tokyo, and Monaedoll shop in Bangkok, Thailand.
      I was overly excited, I think I went to the volks store 3 times in Tokyo as I was there for a week,
      I spent 2 hours in Monaedoll shop in Bangkok, right before we have to go to the airport!

4. Would you go to it? Yes!

hopefully some cool in stock dolls or a window into a room where you can watch face ups being painted!

What would you want it to have? cool outfits, some in stock stuff, and doll services

Would you be fine with it having other hobbies in there too? I'd still go yeah

If you have been to a physical bjd store, how was it?? They closed the volks store in LA before I could go! :( but I wish I'd seen it!

5. Would you go to it?
      Definitely !

Some doll parts, but mostly bjd items like wigs and restringing/cleaning devices.

Clothing, dolls, faceup necessities like msc.

Of course!

6. I actually have been to a BJD store in Korea that my friend brought me to (nine9style). It was definitely an experience since I had very little knowledge about the hobby but I always loved dolls so seeing all the doll clothes and accessories was so exciting. There was a small cafe area for you to buy drinks and tables to sit down at. And this place even had little photo sets for people to photograph their dolls in. So it was pretty cool.

I think having a physical BJD store in the area is nice so you have a place to go to check out new items and meet other BJD owners if you're feeling sociable. Plus maybe you don't have to wait for shipping if you can find the item in the store.

7. I actually have when I found one in Hong Kong and it was really awkward because I am the type of person to browse and choose by myself but there was just a middle aged man running the store and he followed me around asking me what I need and when I said I was just looking around he was still breathing over my shoulder which made me really uncomfortable and I just walked out.

8. The place I live does not have store dedicated for BJD collectors. The only BJD I been to was in tokyo akibhara volks branch. The place was really interesting but I found another interesting store to visit in my next trip.

9. Would you go to it?
      Yes!
      Downtown
      doll, clothes
      May be ... it depends

10. Omg.. I didn't know they had actual stores in Japan ! Im going there next year, guess I gotta do some research!

11. Would you go to it?
      Of course I would! (I mean if I could actually get to it)
      Anything BJD related
      Everything pretty much
      I wouldn't mind, it might be a little cramped though

12. Man I'd love to be able to go to a physical store. I live in Australia and I don't think we really have any. The ideal stock for me would be just ball jointed dolls from different korean companies. But I would actually be really happy with just bjd supplies and tools maybe? If it were intermingled with other hobby crafts I'd be fine with it because there's a chance I could get into another hobby as well.

13. I would and I have, its where I bought my very first BJD (The Volks Store here in LA)

14. I would make a long trip to go to a store if I was sure to find all I need.
      Not only dolls and accesories but also supplies to personalise and even make my own doll.

15. I would love to go to a physical BJD store, but I have food allergies that would make travelling outside the US awkward (all the traveller's guides agree that asking for ingredients to be left out of food is rude, and I cannot eat mushrooms, which are very commonly used in food) so it would have to be here. And that's not likely to happen with mint on card and volks's store closed down.

16. I really want to go to Japan one day and go to the doll stores they have there, like Volks. My dream is to buy a BJD in person, it seems so special to be able to see the one you want and take them home with you the same day!

17. I would definitely go!

I would expect it to have a lot of accessories like eyes and wigs!

I would hope for it to have lots of clothes and shoes for smaller dolls :)

I honestly wouldn’t care what else they had as long as they had cool bjd stuff!

And I’ve never been to a bjd store, the hobby is really not very popular in my country (Australia)

18. Would you go to it?
      Absolutely! That would be so much fun and I'd save a fortune on shipping costs, lol

Probably mostly clothes, props, furniture, faceup supplies, and a few big name company dolls in stock.

I would want (though I know it's completely unreasonable) to have a huge solution of different bjd because it's one thing to read a doll's measurements online and look at pictures and it's totally different to actually see the doll in person. If I could go to a real store with these items, I'd be a better informed buyer, plus I'd have the doll instantly!

Maybe similar hobbies, like miniatures, doll houses, other toys/dolls and collectibles.

19. I would love to be able to go to a physical BJD store and and Gothic Lolita store, hopefully i can go on a trip to Japan one day and see this this sort of stuff there.

#539 Hdtqw, Jun 18, 2018
      Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    20. I feel like a bjd store would be really fun. You could take your doll shopping with you and think about how all little outfits would look in them. Then like other people said it could have a little cafe area which would be nice to relax with your doll and even meet other collectors and talk about dolls. There could even be meets held there *o*