1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you go to a physical BJD store?

Dec 21, 2014

1. Would you go to it?
      Why yes of course! That would be AMAZING!! :D
      What would you expect to find there?
      Doll clothes, eyes, eye putti, other doll maintenance items, furniture and miniatures of almost anything for dolls
      What would you want it to have?
      Doll parts from many different companies, like a build-a-bear workshop but for bjds!
      Would you be fine with it having other hobbies in there too?
      Why not? You could find some nice things to go with your dolls. That would be a pretty cool way to be introduced to other hobbies aswell:)
      If you have been to a physical bjd store, how was it??
      Sadly I’ve never even seen one before, but once I have my own transportation I’d be willing to go to a store within a 3 hour drive or less (and probably spend at least 100$ on doll clothes xD)

2. Would you go to it? If it stocked things for SDs, absolutely! There's a doll shop in Austin that is more general dolls, and the stock doesn't have a lot for BJDs, so it's less worth a trip.

Dolls, faces, services (stringing, blushing, faceups), clothes, eyes, wigs, shoes, accessories (wig caps, elastic, hooks, eye putty), scale furniture/food/props, possible backdrops or lightboxes for photography.

Oh... see above. Haha I basically just described my dream wishlist.

It depends on how much room there is for BJDs; as long as there's enough BJD content, there can be other stuff there too (it would be fun to have other craft hobbies). If it means there are only a few BJD related things, then it wouldn't be worth the trip.

Going to Akihabara in a little less than a month and can't wait. Will report back then ;)

3. I wish there was a physical store in my area because I'd love to go! There's a certain excitement that comes with having things physically in front of you. I'd definitely expect them to carry clothing, shoes, wigs, eyes, and care-related accessories like elastic, S-hooks, and eye putty. I don't expect a huge range of dolls since it seems a little tricky to stock, but maybe a few popular sculpts in each size. It would be awesome if it had a studio area with differently-themed settings that you could rent for more atmospheric photoshoots. Ideally I'd prefer if it were only BJD goods, but realistically it would need to include other hobbies to have a chance at being sustainable. The closest thing I've been to is anime figure stores, which are tons of fun since again, it's one thing to see something on a computer screen and another entirely to have it there before your eyes. A physical store would also be a great community center for local doll owners to be able to meet up and hang out in a dedicated space.

4. Would you go to it?
      Yes most definitely.
      Dolls lots of clothing, wigs and eyes.
      A large selection of dolls from different companies.
      Would you be fine with it having other hobbies in there too? Yeah that would be OK.

If you have been to a physical bjd store, how was it?? I've never been to one.

5. I would love if there was a physical store near me and would definitely go.

I would expect to find everything to do with the hobby, dolls, wigs, accessories, clothes, materials for restringing and faceups whatever anyone could possibly need to do with the hobby.

I would want it to have a second hand market, services you could buy like commissioning customisation , wigs, repairs etc I would like there to be tutorials and workshops, a coffee shop and meet ups.

I would like the other hobbies to be connected in some way, maybe photography

I haven’t been to one but think I might be disappointed if I did!

6. Oh my goodness yes! I'd probably go crazy looking at everything and def there would be impulse buys haha
      I'd be forever looking at eye selection and wig selection, and it would be great to take your doll and you can try on clothes/wigs/shoes to see if it suits them before buying. Also would be great for a section that supported artists and they can sell clothing/wigs/accessories that they made :love

7. I love your idea for supporting the artists ekdraws

8. I’ve been to the Volks store in CA and Tokyo and it’s just sooooo much fun looking at all the dolls stuff! They don’t usually have full dolls there but there are so many doll-care equipments and clothes you can actually see the real thing before buying.

9. Of course! Not for dolls however. I would go there for shoes that you can try on before you buy them and for wigs that you can see in their real color.

10. I would SO go!! Honestly being able to see a BJD and all of its angles is really appealing to me

11. I went to a physical store in Taiwan once, it was really nice. They had some available dolls both for sale and for display and tons of clothing. I ended up buying a full set of clothes for my gray who was still on the way.

12. Would you go to it?
      Definitely yes!!!

Dolls and acessories for sale.

Places for rest and snacks and drinks like a cafe so that my friends and I can spend a whole afternoon there.

That's totally fine. It's nice to know new things.

It was amazing!

13. Would you go to it?
      Definitely! I don't care if my real life friends thought it was weird. I'd be there on opening day!
      Hopefully some dolls on display, and lots of lovely clothes.
      I would love to see some physical dolls of different sizes. It's sometimes hard to wrap my head around different dolls compared to each other so it would be really useful. I'd also love to have some good quality wigs there.
      Yup! Maybe some art supplies would be good to have there, as it's related.
      I haven't, but I shall hopefully be going to Japan soon and I will definitely check out a few of the physical shops I know about!

14. I think it would be a better thing to go to a store n buy that way u dont have to wait on delivery and u can decide there and then sny extras u want to

15. I would absolutely love to go there!
      It would be so nice to get to see things like, eyes for example up close and personal before buying them. After all, pictures don't always show things as they really are when it comes to colors.
      Even the dolls themselves. It would be really nice to see a model in front of me (even if it was behind glass) before I decided to purchase it, because I really like looking at things up close.

16. Yse.I want to see the texture of different dolls, second-hand accessories, clothes, etc., which makes me feel very happy. I would like to stay there frequently. ha ha

17. Would you go to it?
      Yes, I'd love to!

Dolls of different sizes (maybe even some in stock!), doll maintenance items, doll-safe paints/pencils/pastels, clothes, shoes, wig-making supplies, people who can be comissioned for mods, faceups, tattoos, clothes, etc.

I would dream of it to have a place for taking pictures, maybe a little cafe, possibly even a little shop where you can sign up for classes!

More or less, yes, but probably similar (maybe off-topic dolls?)

18. Would you go to it?
      If it isn't too far heck yes!

Dolls(new and second hand), accessories and props, clothing, shoes, wigs, customizing and maintenance materials

Bonus would be a photo studio/corner with backgrounds and lights to photograph my own doll (I would expect a small session fee) and maybe after hours social events? Classes? Tea parties/meet ups?

See above?

In my mind my dream store would be just floor to ceiling BJD stuff but it makes sense to branch out as a business. Maybe off topic dolls like others have said, cute human accessories? books?

19. Would you go to it?
      - Oh yes, definitely!!

- Hopefully a good range of BJDs of varying sizes! And clothes! -All- the clothes and accessories!

- Clothing full-sets of different types of fashion. I personally would love fantasy and gothic clothes.

- Sure; maybe I could get into those hobbies, too!

- I have not. Alaska has very limited store varieties.

20. of course i would! must be an interesting experience to actually see all kind of dolls in real life.