1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you go to a physical BJD store?

Dec 21, 2014

1. I'm actually fortunate enough to live near an antique shop that has a doll section which includes bjds. They also stock wigs, eyes,clothes, shoes, and various tote doll stuff. I haven't bought a doll there and doin I will since she doesn't carry any I'm interested in but it's awesome for trying on clothes and wigs. It's in the St Louis area on the Illinois side if you're ever in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Would you go to it?
      Yep! Actually, one of the main reasons as to why I want to visit Japan and Korea is because I think they have those types of shops? xD

What would you expect to find there?
      Doll stuff, like clothes, accessories, and probably dolls (*shot*). I think that it would be awesome if I were able to go to a physical BJD store. At least it would be easier to choose clothes and accessories [shoesss] that would fit my doll instead of buying online and hoping stuff would fit or look good on my doll or something like that. x'D
      It would also be easier to choose dolls, as you can see it in the flesh and all, so it would put one's mind at ease, at least concerning the question as to whether or not you just like the look being presented by company photos or whether you genuinely like it.

What would you want it to have?
      The same stuff I've mentioned on the last question, I guess?

Would you be fine with it having other hobbies in there too?
      I mean, it is a physical BJD store thingo, so I think other hobbies should be kept at a minimum, or, at least, it doesn't eclipse the BJD stuff being sold and all.

If you have been to a physical bjd store, how was it??
      I haven't, though, I hope to go to one in the future. c:

3. Would you go to it?
      I would deffffinitely go to it for sure!!

Clothes, eyes, wigs - the normal BJD accessory stuff!

Same answer as above. XD

Totally! It'd be easier for the store to make a profit if they had multiple hobbies in there.

I haven't :'(

4. Would you go to it?
      Look at me go! There's exactly zero things in the entire world that would keep me from going there.

Dolls from a variety of companies, wigs, eyes, clothes, shoes, care materials such as tools, elastic, silicone kips, hook sets, carrier bags, pillows, faceup materials... so on so forth.

Everything above, and perhaps a showroom or a small photoset in an area we could take photos at with our dolls~

Yep! 200% fine. A lot of hobbies tend to overlap, and even if they don't they can still be housed in the same establishment. So I say bring on the hobbies!

I wish I had... but of course there are none in my country :( I definitely wish to do so once in the future, maybe even buy a doll in person!

5. Would you go to it?
      If there has any in my city or near my city, I'll definitely visit there often! :lol:

BJD on sale, accessories, furniture, clothes and wig from various companies and it would be the best, if there also has face up, etc services.

It's fine!

No, have never seen one. :...(

6. Would you go to it?
      Yeees~! \^o^/ I would really love to go. ^^

I've seen some pictures, talked to some people and according to that I would expect dolls and various clothes, wigs, supplies and so on. Also I'd expect helpful, doll-loving clerks who I could easily talk to, who maybe also offer restringing or painting.
      I think it would be really great for trying out wigs, clothes (etc.) instead of blindly buying them hoping for them to fit. ^^;

Except for the things I would expect, maybe a cafe to go after shopping? :3

Related hobbies would be ok. I think it would be weird if it was a totally diferent hobby, though.

7. Would you go to it?
      wE have a store that does sell a variety, and some bjd's, but they are not the kind I usually am interested in. But yes, would visit.

Accessories, clothing, shoes, eyes, wigs, faceup supplies, etc. Maybe the different lines they are dealers of, as well as a variety of other items as in this day and age a store devoted to dolls just cannot make it.

Possibly some of the bjd's such as Dollmore, Volks, anthros, etc. I would definitely not patronize a store that had recasts.

yes, and would expect it to- the doll hobby encompasses a variety of other related hobbies that involve props, furniture, sewing, etc.

never been.

8. I would definitely go! I'd very much prefer to see the dolls in person before buying. Plus it is fun to browse around. Yes I think it should have other hobbies whether other dolls or related things. Unfortunately none around where I live. There used to be a doll store but it sadly closed down, and there is nothing even similar.

9. I would love a BJD store. The expectation would be to find all things BJD, dolls, accessories, clothing/shoes, props galore and lots of BJD options. It would even be wonderful if it had patterns and DIY sections with special trims, fabrics, painting supplies (perfect for BJDs) and other items not commonly found in a "typical sewing/craft center". I wouldn't care if there were other items in the store at all. I enjoy looking and shopping for lots of different things. I have never been to a BJD store and I don't think I ever will unless they show up here in my city. As far as I know there are not any near me at all.

10. No doubt about it, I would so go!! I wish something like that existed around here. As a newbie it would be a tremendous help in getting to see them and play with them in person. I would expect it to have all related items such as clothing , wigs, accesories, furniture. Perhaps even workshops on how to sew clothing, meet ups or related. It would be great to have a store totally devoted to bjds but i understand that may not be possible so if there were other crafts in there it would be fine too.

11. Would you go to it?
      I would absolutely love to!

A paradise of every BJD-freak, like me. Tons of dolls and related stuff...

Rooms for humans, just like in hotels, to live there forever.

Yes, if they are somehow related to dolls, like props, music boxes, wood crafting and stuff.

Well, yesterday I had a dream...

12. Would you go to it?
      Maybe. Probably I would not visit this store every day but once or twice a year. In my opinion it's still easier to find the perfect or wanted pieces on internet than at an actual shop.

If it's would take place in my country, then honestly, I would not expect too much. ^^; Perhaps we could find there a minimal variety of wigs, clothes and eyes but nothing special.

Display section. That would be great if the visitors could see the dolls in person before they actually buy theirs. And face up materials. Or at least proper sealants... OTL

Yes. I could imagine a model kits and BJDs in a same shop, these hobbies have a lot in common.

13. Would you go to it?
      Absolutely!

All kinds of BJD related stuff: dolls, clothes, shoes,..

Dolls, clothes, shoes, eyes, wigs. Books and magazines. Accessories for BJD: s like furniture, food, instruments,...

Yes, if they are somehow related. Like having action figures, models, paints and doll stuff in other sizes like 1:12 and 1:6 scale.

Never been in one.

14. Absolutely. I would go out of my way to see. Having other items would be fine.

15. Would you go to it?
      Definitely!

Dolls of all sizes, wigs, eyes, clothes, accessories, furniture - everything you would need to keep a doll happy!

As others have said - maintenance services! I am the worst at re-stringing, so having someone else do it for me would be fantastic.

Sure, but I'd prefer the majority of the place to be dedicated to BJDs.

16. A physical BJD store would be great! If they stocked bjds and bjd accessories it would save so much hassle and wait, not to mention give you a chance to see if the items actually work for your doll size and style-wise. The worst thing in the world is waiting in anticipation for something for months, then have it show up and be just not quite right or even completely unusable. If there was a bjd store near me, you bet I'd be in there as much as I could afford to be! A big in-person resin comparison chart between all the companies would be (although maybe not completely feasible) and awesome thing to see if it all possible.

17. It was be such a thrill to to purchase a bjd in person from a store. I'm sue it would be a very long shopping session. It would also be interesting to see and talk with others that might be shopping at the time.

18. It is my dream to go to one BJD store someday, especially in Japan! I wouldn't mind seeing other stuff like anime, games and such.

I think I would never come out of the store or would visit it everyday lol

19. If you have been to a physical bjd store, how was it??
      I actually have a bjd store like 2 - 3 hours by train from my home. I've been there to pick up my first doll. It was fantastic! It is so cool to see all the dolls and clothes in person.

Would you go to it?
      Yes >.<

What would you expect to find there? & What would you want it to have?
      Dolls of course but also difficult to by stuff like:
      -Eyes (you can see the color in person)
      -Shoes (if they actually fit)
      Stuff like that.

The doll store close by has all kinds of dolls and crafting supplies. I love dolls in general and I love to craft so i'm totally fine with it.

20. Would you go to it?
      Oh, heck yeah! That would be a dream come true. I've always wanted to be able to walk into a store and buy stuff for my dolls like I would do for myself, instead of ordering everything online. Seeing things in person would make it so much easier to decide on what to buy.

A little bit of everything, I guess. Wigs, shoes, and clothes would be the first things I'd look for. And maybe eyes. If they actually had dolls on display, that would be a plus too.

An area people can sit down and socialize would be great. We always face with the dilemma on where to have a meet-up. That way people could just relax and have a conversation with their dolls sitting next to them, away from people staring.

I think so, as long as they are somewhat related. Like other dolls such as Blythes and Azone... Or anime figures and/or merchandise.