1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you go to a physical BJD store?

Dec 21, 2014

1. I would love to be able to go to a place where you could do all those things with other collectors.

2. There is a shop that sells BJDs not too far from me but I've never gotten the chance to go there yet. I would love to tho to just get the chance to browse the aisles and see all the different types of dolls in one place with my sister and doll friends to hang out and buy some new merch in-person.

3. If you had a physical store devoted to BJD in your area:

Would you go to it? ABSOLUTELY.

What would you expect to find there? Hopefully a bit like a consignment store, where different areas are manned by different artists who make things for bjds, like dresses and shoes and furniture. But also BJD dolls and official BJD company merchandise.

What would you want it to have? 1:4 scale furniture. If I have to look up 1:4 one more time on Google just to find 1/4 1:48 scaled furniture, I might cry.

Would you be fine with it having other hobbies in there too? BJD-oriented would be preferred but not many niche stores make it in general, so I can see it having other things.

If you have been to a physical bjd store, how was it?? Never been, but I can dream.

4. YES! I actually tried just a few weeks ago. I live in Denver, so of course - I made a trip to Denver Doll Emporium. Unfortunately, they are understandably closed to the public right now because of COVID-19. But, they are still doing curbside pickup! I am new to the hobby, so I thought it would be actually nice to physically see a real BJD as I have never seen one in person. I don't know if they sell things besides BJD, but I wouldn't be surprised if they carry non BJD dolls and other doll related things. I still plan on visiting one day in the future when they open up. :)

5. I would sell my soul to have a physical store close to me. I would like it to have clothes for MSD, SD, eyes and Wigs. It would be cool if they had a seasonal stock so you could shop winter clothes in winter and so on. I think it would be cool if they would sell stuff from smaller artists tho and Maybe some dolls.
      Also if you could order through them and then pick it up in the store when it is Ready.

6. Being able to see and feel things is definitely a lot more fun! In 2006 I visited the Volks store in LA. But, visiting one of their stores in Japan was definitely a highlight. Unfortunately I only had time to visit the store in Akihabara during my last Japan trip, but my next trip I'm planning to visit Tenshi no Sato in Kyoto.

7. Would you go to it?
      absolutly!!!

What would you expect to find there?

dolls of course!, in al sizes! clothes, and other accessories, wigs, material to DIY

What would you want it to have?
      the store area, a photography area with backdrops, accessories, and studio lighting. ice crem or a cafe area to meet new friends an talk about BJD

Would you be fine with it having other hobbies in there too?
      yes!!!! anime stuff, modelism

If you have been to a physical bjd store, how was it??

not yet ...

8. Would you go to it?
      ABSOLUTELY YES!!!!!

I hope they will have dolls in stocks for me to instantly take them home!
      Also some clothes and related stuff to buy.

Some setup place for photo taking, in my place, people home usually small, and cannot have much space to make doll house or setup for dolls, it would be nice to have a periodic rotation photo booth in it.

Well, for life, I think it is okay, since BJD is not a very major hobby. For the shop to keep running, it's fine for me.

Ah, yes, when I was in Japan. AMAZING, really dun wanna leave there lol

9. I'd love to :celebratethe physical store always make me excited and willing to buy more.

10. I actually have a physical store in my area! But, ya know, COVID. :sigh

11. Would you go to it?
      Yes, that would be awesome!

Wigs, eyes, shoes, clothes, and maybe dolls.

Having BJDs in-stock that you could see in person before buying would be nice, instead of having to rely on online photos to decide. It would be great if you could bring a doll with you and try wigs on them before buying one. I have had so many wigs not fit , or be of poor quality once I got them. Knowing what exactly I'm buying would be an improvement.

Sure. It would help keep the store in business, and introduce more people to BJDs.

12. If you had a physical store devoted to BJD in your area:

Would you go to it?
      Yasss definitely

Hoping to see dolls and clothes and wigs and shoes ughhhh just having those ideas excites me

1/3 doll of any elusive brands like fairyland (limited ones) and soom.

To be honest no... I would like to see bjd related stuff only

I tried when I had a vacay at hongkong but to my dismay the store that supposedly have bjds are closed already. On my next trip I am planning for japan or korea (south) so I can visit bjd stores

13. Would you go to it?
      I already went.:XD: (Actually I used to, once or twice a month)

Usually wig and eyes and some doll maintenance stuffs. I'm also looking for some particular 2nd hand sculpts but they are not easy to be found so no expect.

They already have what I want... Ok this maybe because I come from a future of 2020 when this topic start at 2014.:sweat

They do have, and I have no dislike in that point.

It's a good place to find some stuff for your doll and see some doll with your eyes. Some store also allow you to hold the dolly (With gloves on of course) so you can "feel" the doll and this make you understand better that you are alright with this doll or not. Oh! and yes, no waiting time! You could take the one you love back home in a minute:D

14. Would you go to it?
      Definitely yes.

Dolls, many of them. Outfits, shoes, accessories, parts, pet dolls, crafting supplies for dolls.

See above haha. Dolls from different brands, mostly SD sized though.

Yeah, although i wouldn't look at those things. It spoils be separated well.

Yes to many in Japan. I loved how Volks does their displays. it's bright, happy and inspiring. Although i loved the large collection of dolls at Dolk. :) i bought my girl there too. The staff handled the doll very well with gloves, and i had to wear gloves too if I wanted to touch her before purchase. Very good hygiene.

15. Would you go to it?
      Definitely yes.

Dolls and their clothes, accessories etc.

Dolls of different sizes and makes

Yep, as long as the main focus was dolls

Yes I have. I've been to the Volks, and Azone store in Akihibara in Tokyo,Japan. That's what sparked my interest in the hobby. I've also been to a couple of Mandarake's in Tokyo as well. I loved all the doll stores that I had a chance to walk through. The next time I go back to Japan, I will definitely check them out again.

16. Hell yes!

I think the one downfall in my opinion about BJDs but I understand totally is patience makes perfect. Dolls take 3-5 months to be made and shipped. I would rather go to a bjd store and look around like “oh littlefees! I can buy these right here and now!”

17. Yeah definitely! Like anything you’re buying online, you’re looking at photos. But it is so much better to be able to physically look at and hold and examine the items when deciding to buy. And to be able to try outfits on your bjds instead of trying to measure and see if it fits. Or if certain pieces will go together and look good. It’d be so much easier to see in person than to order online.

18. Would you go to it?
      Absolutely!!

Dolls of course, wigs and clothes, eyes, and faceup/crafting materials like paintbrushes, sealant, fabric, hair wefts, etc.

All that I stated above, and I think it’d be cool to have a section for people to buy and sell secondhand dolls. I’d love to see small businesses selling their handmade doll accessories too.

It depends. As long as it’s somewhere in the same realm I don’t see why not. I could see other crafts, miniatures/models, maybe other collectible toys fitting in fine. If it was something totally unrelated like, I dunno...sports trading cards? That’d be strange to me.

19. Would you go to it?
      Sure!

Wigs, clothes, shoes, eyes, other accessories and tools, along with a few dolls in stock and samples on display

Basic naked no-face up dolls ready to go home that day

Sure, why not.

I've been to Volks in Osaka a few times. They had a corner that was just BJDs, and the rest of the store was plastic models, Dolfie Dreams and such. They had accessories and such in stock, but I don’t remember if they had any dolls at that time in stock. They also had a counter set up for the FCS. There was also an area off to the side for the welcoming ceremony you can do when you get a doll there.

20. I was so excited to move at the beginning of 2020 because it meant I was only an hour drive away from Denver Doll, and then, of course, the pandemic hit and I haven't gotten to go! It's one of my bucket list things to do while I live here, even if I end up not buying anything while I'm there.