1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you go to a physical BJD store?

Dec 21, 2014

1. Would you go to it?

YES. That would be amazing to be able to go there and buy as much as I want without having to worry about the shipping costs! Plus, I could be absolutely sure that any clothes, wigs, or accessories fit my doll without having to take a leap of faith first!

What would you expect to find there?

LOTS of doll clothes and wigs! Also actual dolls for sale, limited dolls would be even better!

What would you want it to have?

Accessories, such as glasses, laptops, musical instruments, weapons, etc! Also, places to take photographs as well!

Would you be fine with it having other hobbies in there too?

Doesn't bother me at all!

2. The only doll store I know of in my region is a porcelain/artdoll/Tonner store. When I last went there a couple of years ago, it was being run by an elderly couple, with the wife having the most say and a distinct dislike of BJDs. Still, I managed to find some chairs there, and the place was worth looking at. Nothing like wigs or eyes, though. Side hobby of doll houses to attract the indulgent parents in that affluent area.

3. Would you go to it?

Go to it? I'd practically move in!

Dolls would be nice, even if just as an example or two of some companies' resin and structure. But clothing, wigs, and accessories would be most important.

It would be great if you could take your dolls in and try the clothes on them. Even just basic samples of the brands the sell, so you know what's likely to fit before you buy. Wigs and eyes, furniture and props, photo backgrounds, face up supplies. Maybe specialty fabrics, like small prints, for people who sew. It would be great if the store was an agent for bjd companies and did layaway.

Sure!

4. If there was one in my area no I would not go to it. That may sound odd but im not comfortable interacting with the doll collectors in my area so I avoid places where they would be inclined to spawn. I'd rather go out of my way and travel or have it delivered. I would like to visit the ones in Japan someday though. They seem a little more professional and less of a club type atmosphere than a shop like that would in my area.

5. Would you go to it?
      Absolutely! :D
      Dolls and all the Accessories. Also props and furniture would be great especially if it was seasonal :D
      Maybe paints and sealant...and sewing machines...

I would love it to have backdrops and scenery you could take photographs with like at the Volks store.
      I would also love if it hosted meets or events like sewing workshops! >w<

Would you be fine with it having other hobbies there too?
      I imagine it being a tiny and quiet specialty shop, so it might not fit other hobbies in it. But if it were put in a larger venue I could see it being sold alongside Doll Houses and the like. Also anything to do with sewing and model painting...

6. I would love to go...especially to be able to see things in person.

7. That's how I got my first Super Dollfie back in 2002. I walked into the Volks Ikebukuro shop and picked up a SD13 Nana. It was a really fun experience! I remember picking up my first doll and then going on a shopping spree buying her wigs and clothes and shoes. Now that particular shop was not a Tenshi no Sumika so it had other stuff besides SD things. This was perfectly fine with me because the SD section is large enough and I like to collect figures and other things besides SD. So I liked looking at the other stuff. I've been to TnS as well, it's also fun to shop there too of course.

8. Would you go to it?
      yes ! Absolutely, I would love to visit a real Bjd shop and plan to some day :)

Dolls! Accessories, clothes, shoes, wigs. Maybe t would be a place for meetups and photo sessions. Maybe it would even show the creation of some dolls. That would be neat :)

All of the above, :)

Yes, as long as they weren't too far fetched from the Bjd hobby it could be a good thing I think.

If you have been to a physical bjd store, how was it??
      I wish I have been to one. Someday :)

9. Would you go to it?
      Of course! i would at least want to be there once to see if I like that experience or not

What would you expect to find?
      Depens... mostly clothes, wigs, accesories, stuff like that. Maybe also a few dolls

Mostly clothes and shoes. Maybe it's weird to say that but I wouldn't want to have dolls there, just because I enjoy the feeling of seeing their face for the first time that much that I wouldn't want that moment to be taken away.

If these hobbies are also about collecting something than yes.

I have not been to a store myself yet but I would love to do that one day ^-^

10. Would you go to it?

Of course I would go! I actually have been looking for any doll store, geeky anime store, etc. in the area.
      However, I've only really found some retro video game stores. :c

Accessories, accessories, accessories!
      Accessories I could try on my doll. To make sure they would fit, or if I liked the way they looked.
      Ranging from shoes, clothes, jewelry, and wigs.

Some of the more expensive or larger items:
      Actual dolls, doll parts, doll furniture, and maybe some limited dolls.

Maybe a little area where you could sit down and talk to others. Socialize and take your dolls to chat. If anyone has ever been to an e-cigarette store/lounge, they normally have an area where you can sit down and try their products while socializing with some of the other customers.

Having a designated area to where you could socialize is a must!

Yes! It would be nice if they carried things for faceups and sewing.

11. Would you go to it?
      Yes, absolutely! I would love to bring my dolls along, too~

Clothing, accessories, eyes (so many eyes), wigs, carrying bags, sealant for faceups... Maybe even some furniture!

If they had a section where you could try out some of the items, some backdrops where you could take pictures, and an area where you could socialize with other BJD owners, that would be perfect.

Sure! Maybe if they sold art supplies or fabric or beads and the like, there would be more to buy! >.<

12. Yes in a heartbeat.

13. Would you go to it?
      Of course I would!

Dolls on display - for sale and not for sale; clothes, wigs, eyes, shoes, all the other accessories like props and stands.

Stuff for sale, maybe dolls I can look at to get an idea of what companies have to offer - I do like the idea of a cafe or a place for others to hang out.

Yup! Espec if there are anime figures or toys or other things so I can buy other things at the same time.

It was great! Especially when I took my own doll to try things on. I went to some stores in Japan and Hong Kong and plan to go to some in South Korea in the next month! I love seeing things and having them in my hands before I buy them.

14. Ive been to one when I was in tokyo. I didn't dare buy anything since I didnt bring my dolls to see if it fit and such. We have some dollmeets where I live and what is sold there is more or less just as good in my opinion.

15. Yes, I'd definitely go to a physical BJD store, but I don't think there's any in Malaysia :( Not just Blythe dolls. We have shops here selling figurines and just Blythes or Barbies. I don't have a problem with them being in the store, no offence, but I'd love to see more BJD clothing/accessories/props for 1/3 or just other dolls in it. It's a variety issue? As well as their furniture, since shipping them can't be cheap due to weight issues.

A cafe or hang out area for BJD owners would be excellent so we could organise mini doll meets and share about our interests! Oh, I drool to enter a physical BJD store. For those owners who've mentioned stores in Japan, HK and South Korea, I'd love to know where these shops are <3

16. Would you go to it?
      Yes, I would

Perhaps a few dolls displayed, items for the dolls (wigs, clothing, shoes, eyes, etc) Id love if it had furniture and doll sized props (mostly for the bigger 1/3 dolls)

The possibility to try items, maybe a small photo corner, and the stuff above

Yes, I would love it to have more then one single focus. I do enjoy seeing other stuff stores sell

I was to several Volks and one parabox/Azone store when visiting Japan. And I loved it, the chance to see items in real life was great.

17. I was a bit disappointed Angelesque isn't a real physical store. I just really wanted to try a load of wigs against my boy's face to see what colour would suit him before committing. I wouldn't care if it was a bjd department as part of a larger store. I'd love to be able to buy MSC over the counter too.

And it's always fun eavesdropping on geeky conversations in shops like Forbidden Planet so I imagine there would be a few random topics being discussed too!

18. I would definitely go to a BJD store in my area; I think one would do really well in Los Angeles area.
      I would expect to see samples of dolls to preorder, some actual in-stock dolls, wigs, clothes, accessories, furniture, props, the more the better!
      I would love to have a cafe there to have meet ups and just casual BJD interaction...
      Other related hobbies would be great, but emphasis on BJD would be preferred because the focus and energy would go into acquiring BJD items and not too much other stuff.

19. Ugh, I would seriously DIE if there was a BJD store around my area or even in my state?? #THEDREAM

no but really I would no joke drive 3+ hours if there was one even remotely close to me, I WOULDN'T EVER CARE AND MY FRIENDS WOULD HATE ME FOR DRAGGING THEM ALONG BUT OH WELL

20. I live about a half an hour away from Fabric Friends and Dolls. I pass it every day on my way to and from college classes. I absolutely love living near an actual doll store that allows me to physically hold dolls and try things on my own dolls. I bring at least two dolls every time I go, and the owner, Iris, is friendly. She allows us to hold meets in her store and as I said, let's us try things on and play with the display dolls. I feel so lucky to have a store near me.

The only problem is that I spend way, way too much money there. Last time I went, I spent over 100 dollars. The time before that was less, but I usually spend at least 50 dollars a trip. I go there every few months, so it adds up quickly.