1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

X-ann dolls discussion

Mar 24, 2019

1. There is no thread for her yet so I asked the moderators if I can make one - and yes her wonderful Mari and Yuna heads are on topic.

I love artistheads (heads made by people that do not have a company behind them). Last year I found @x_ann_dolls on instagram who was sculpting a bjd head with clay - and I loved the estatics - a bit of primitive realism :). I have her on an Fdoll sd girl body.

[​IMG]

This was only the first face-up - I hope to do a new one soon. Those eyebrows and mouth are too much. :)

Are there more people with this girl on DOA?

2. @Cyador I really like your Mari, she is so sophisticated!

I have Mari mold too, her name is Tanya and she is on argodoll body. Really love this face!
      [​IMG]

3. She is adorable! I love the hands on your girls body.
      Does she have a story?

4. @Cyador thank you! She studies literature in Moscow university and she is shy and intellectual girl, and she has a boyfriend(karmanavtika Faustus mold, named Vadim)) I'm going to take some pics of them together later.
      And i'll post some pics of x-ann's Mari here later too.

Here some pics of x-ann's Mari (i made theese pics in October, author's Mari is on dollstown 13years body)

[​IMG]

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1928/45594514911_6f9a8595bc.jpg

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1930/43776751420_82453dc76d.jpg

I really love this doll.

And this is x-ann's amazing and unique Yuna
      https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7905/47062626332_2e01112a42.jpg

#4 DeineSeele, Mar 26, 2019
      Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2019
    5. Thank you for sharing! They are amazing :)
      I joined in the pre-order for Yuna - and I am really looking forward this head. Her name will be Prudence and she won't be 'nice' - more I do not know yet.

6. #6 elzabrutta, Mar 26, 2019
      Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2019
    7. Awesome! I had not seen her before. Lovely - such attitude! Wow. On which body do you have her? And does she have a story?

8. Cyador, thank you! Your Mari is very beautiful too, tender and romantic )))
      Kety is on the Fdoll body, like yours, but I modified it a bit.

[​IMG]

She is Kety Bell, Harry Potter's classmate ))

9. Different hands (very good idea) and an elongated torso - also good since this body has very long legs... Hmmm. I have to think about something like this for my girl. Maybe I can make the breast more natural too - though she looks good in clothes. Thank you for sharing!

10. Yes, this body has very short arms, so i think some long hands work better. Now she has other hands, I used dollstown hands, sanded away all the volume in excess and now it fits her perfectly. Resinsoul hands as at last photo fits well, but I don't like jointed finghers, too messy.
      Thank you))

11. The arms look shorter with the longer torso... I think it is how long the legs are what I mostly do not like (and those hands...) Dollstown hands? Which ones? For the elf body or the 13y old body?

And I received good news - the tracking info for my Yuna head!

12. Yes, it is very probably, arms seems shorter with a longher torso ))
      I don't remember exactly it was Dollstown 18 hands or Dollstown 17, but I sanded it very much, I think it lost like a half of it's volume, so it dosn't matter what it was initialy..

Wow, congrats!! I will be very happy to see your Yuna! I had a half of idea to buy her for create Filius Flitwick, but I'm sorry for her, she is too nice for morph into male half goblin )))

13. Congrats, Ann!

14. She would not be a bad choice for Prof. MacGonnegal...?

15. Mmm... she could be!
      I have minimee of Prof. MacGonagal, so haven’t thought about it))

16. @DeineSeele She is beautiful! Have you seen the new head too? What you think of it?

17. Thank you! Michelle? Yep,it’s beautiful as always and I think it can be both boy or a girl.

18. I am reviving this thread because the Mari head I just bought it going to be shipped tomorrow!
      It's nice to see the Mari head looks so good on the Fdoll body. I am hoping to put mine on an old Senior Delf body, so I hope the resin match and proportions work out.
      I was wondering what size wigs everyone uses?

19. I found all wig sizes I had fit awkwardly on the Mari head, so I used a 7-8 wig meant to be glued down to a headcap and used water soluble white glue to attach it to the head back.
      [​IMG]