1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

You know your doll family is too large when...

Nov 6, 2020

1. When you can’t remember half of the names you’ve given them. I can easily remember everyone I got from 2017 until very early 2019, anything after that.... ehhhh... not so much. I keep a catalog with everyone and their names and sculpts on my Instagram highlights, for a reason! :sweat

2. Now, I only have one doll, but I have been in this hobby for a very long time, and I have seen some prodigious collections. So, strictly from an observer's viewpoint...

If you have more dolls than you have followers on Facebook, Tumblr and Instagram combined...

If you had to give away every book you own just to have shelf space for your doll collection...

If you have the largest room in your house just for your dolls and you still don't know where the next one's going to go...

If Fairyland has taken so much of your money they named a sculpt after you...

If you can't fit your whole collection into one photo...

If Denver Doll Emporium refuses to sell you another doll unless you hand over your car keys...

If your mail carrier learned to read Korean from your mailing labels...

...you might have too many dolls.

3. .... When you dread moving.

Fortunately I haven't had to think about that, but when that day comes....God help me. The thought of having to box up more than a dozen dolls without taking them apart and dividing them so the box isn't so heavy..... Yeah.

What can I say though? I like being surrounded by beautiful things, even if at the expense of floor space and more boxes.

Also, you know you have too many when you could fill an entire 2079 order of shoes by yourself. Or, when you'd have to make multiple trips up and down the stairs to transport your doll army. It's too small to be a collection anymore, folks

4. You said this and I immediately had to put in an order at 2079! How long do they usually take to ship?

5. Haha! I'm excited for you! But not long, a couple days maybe? Granted, I placed the order a couple years ago at around 3am on a Saturday and this was right before Chinese new year. The stars aligned kind of by accident :D

6. I 100% admire everyone on this thread!!! I fall in the too many dolls category but collecting dolls is the only thing I feel like I'm good at. I have failed at. I have failed at writing. I don't have anything else. I wish I were strong enough to pair down my collection. But I have sold just about everything that wasn't a limited edition and replacing anything I sold now would be next to impossible. And lately I've just been filing the hole where a rewarding career would be with dolls. I have almost given up and resigned myself to the fact that I am just going to collect dolls and die. And that's going to be my whole life.

7. When you can't get in or out of your house due to the sheer amount of dolls...

I've never been in that situation fortunately though :lol:

8. Lol I imagine people who have 100+ collections of SDs, that if they kept all the boxes, they would have a whole room stacked with boxes. Blocking the door like on hoarders :lol:

9. You know you have too many dolls..
      When there aren't enough clothes to go around and somebody has to go naked.

When the display is full and there's still a drawer or two with more floating heads.

10. When you go through a list of your dolls on your profile 6 times, add 3 new dolls, and then realize that you have had a doll for three months but never even listed it...and didn't notice :lol:

I definitely need to either A) Stop buying (which I don't think will be possible) or B) Par down a little bit (also difficult to decide who needs to go). Neither scenario seems likely, so I guess I'll just have to live with myself!

11. I like having many dolls the only trouble is I want to treat the ones I love the most equally and its hard to mind about 15 dolls the same way, give them all the nice looks they deserve.

I own many dolls, seven are the inner circle, but even for seven, if you want to give them christmas looks it takes long.
      Only changing 4 of them to other clothes can take hours, even a day

12. The weight of the boxes (Without anything in them.) caves in the overhead storage shelf that you put them on... true story. :lol:

13. You know your doll family is too large when...
      • you can't take them all out somewhere for photoshoots without lots of preparation, planning and afterwards pain:sweat
      • when they can't all fit nicely in one room set-up taking up half the closet

14. *laughing* It would be something like that, yeah.... :lol:

I'd have had to give up at least half of the garage (or our entire attic-) if I'd kept all of my crew's boxes. There was just NO WAY I was going to do that. So, off to the recycle bin the boxes go!

That probably is an indication that my collection is in the Too Many camp...

15. I had a series of moments where I realised I had too many dolls.

The first was when I walked into my doll room to "play dolls" and had no idea where to start. I simply walked back out and decided to play with the cats instead.

The second was when I walked into my doll room to play with Doll A but then I feel guilty about it, because what about Doll B? I then realised I felt guilty because I liked Doll A more than Doll B. I could not really enjoy playing with Doll A until Doll B found a new home.

The third was when I sold Doll B and realised selling dolls made me feel better, like a weight had been lifted. And, I have been selling off dolls as much as I am able ever since I came to that realisation.

16. When you’ve run out of room to store doll boxes! There are more doll boxes in my closet then clothes...(same with under the bed). And none of the boxes are bigger then msd, lol.

17. In my case, it was when I realized after re-organizing my crafts room/office that I now had an entire 30-gallon Tupperware container filled with OT dolls all stacked like cordwood, and no real desire to get them all out just yet. (A lot of playline dolls are going to find new homes once I get my Lukas the way I like him.)

18. I had a bit of a similar experience with fabric. I realized I had too much for projects I hadn’t started or hand’t finished. I had the habit of buying dolls and project heads on a whim which became a bit of a problem. I have REALLY tried to narrow down my collection. I also sold most of my Hot Toys and some other OT toys I was not playing with anymore.

19. I have the same problem with fabric. I have cleared out my stash twice and can still fill a dresser with all my fabric. In my defense I do have plans or at least vague ideas for most of it. Though there's a few I just LOVE but don't know what to do with.

20. When you start contemplating buying furniture because the shelf you have doesn't have space for another doll.
      I've never bought furniture before.