1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

You prefer your doll to be...?

Aug 20, 2019

?
  1. Cute

28 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. Beautiful

39 vote(s)
    51.3%
  3. Anime

8 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. Realistic

29 vote(s)
    38.2%
  5. Spooky/Scary

18 vote(s)
    23.7%
  6. Mature

32 vote(s)
    42.1%
  7. Anthro

5 vote(s)
    6.6%
  8. Expressive

22 vote(s)
    28.9%
  9. Fantasy Parts

19 vote(s)
    25.0%
  10. Small

12 vote(s)
    15.8%
  11. Large

22 vote(s)
    28.9%
  12. Medium

25 vote(s)
    32.9%
  13. Unusual Size

4 vote(s)
    5.3%
  14. Unusual Shape/Body

12 vote(s)
    15.8%
  15. Child-like

10 vote(s)
    13.2%
  16. Baby-like

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  17. Boys

12 vote(s)
    15.8%
  18. Girls

13 vote(s)
    17.1%
  19. Gender Neutral

3 vote(s)
    3.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. Everyone has a different idea of what those options mean of course, please take ones like 'cute' and 'beautiful' to mean what you personally feel meets those standards and share which dolls you have or like that meet your standard!

For 'realistic' I mean those that try to emulate real people or at least real races and are often super expressive whilst mature just refers to any doll meant to look like an adult but isn't necessarily realistic as it can be a fantasy sculpt. I tried to include a whole bunch of things a doll can be though I've probably missed something and you can click as many as you like , I'm just curious as to what sort of things attracts a person~

#1 desertbluffsandme, Aug 20, 2019
      Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    2. I like realistic, mature and SD. I like faces with character, asymmetries, quirks. I’m not a fan of super smooth, perfect faces.

3. Depands of doll size...

I like mature SD with strong features and prominent or interesting noses. They don't need to be realistic. Personally, I prefer elves or dolls who reminds me of elves despite they don't have pointy ears. But I would happily buy realictic doll as long as the sculpt suits my planned character. No problem at all.

In MSD and smaller sizes I definitelly prefer anthros and pet dolls -- both realistic, semi-realistic or fantasy pet dolls, it really doesn't matter. Anthros can be child-like or mature looking, cute, less cute...I have no strong preference here. My favourite ones are cats, foxes, mice.

4. I voted cute, beautiful, child-like, and spooky!

5. Boys. Apparently I bond best with boys lol

6. I want my girls to be pretty and my guys to be handsome. I'd prefer for them to look like grown adults since I don't like kids. I also prefer more of the realistic sculpts as well!

7. I love realism and anime, so I go with both. I do prefer smaller scales/sizes but own mostly larger sized BJD. I prefer mature males, even if they are not realistic. I already own too many females in other types of dolls, so I chose to purchase mostly males in BJD form. I rarely collect any child-like dolls, although I do own two child sculpts by DZ, I rarely play with them and they are stuck in modification-limbo for now (I sold the body to one of them, so he's floating head). I love creepy, so I think most of my dolls are a bit creepy/scary looking -- the ones based on OCs are mostly vampires, the ones based on licensed characters are mostly villains or are twisted in some way. However, because I am a weirdo, I also sincerely believe all of my dolls are aesthetically pleasing to my eyes, and I consider them beautiful and scary at the same time. I don't believe any of them fit the standard of pretty or beautiful, and I'm more than fine with that (I like sculpts that are highly unpopular, not because I choose it that way, but because I am drawn to things most people don't find appealing). (:

8. I went with cute, mature and large because I mostly only collect SD and most of my crew represents OCs who are teens or young adults. I'm not into the hyper realistic dolls, so maybe cute would fit my style better.

9. I voted beautiful, realistic and mature. I just love realistic sculpts but that doesn't mean I don't love my minifees.

10. I prefer big guys. Realistic and mature. Well, as far as you can say that of a group of men. They can be so inmature at times. That is why the ladies are required to remind them of their business. They are required to look mature, as I do not like the face of a 15 year old boy on the body of a 30 year old man (personal pet peeve).

What is beautiful is a rather personal thing. I like the looks of my dolls, but are they beautiful? Some, maybe. To me it is more important that I see their character they are meant to represent in them.

11. I also like realistic dolls. As far as size goes, I'd actually love to find more smaller, mature guys around, but alas, since there aren't a whole lot of them around, I usually end up picking SD dolls. I also love looking at spooky/fantasy dolls, though I strongly doubt I'm ever going to get any, mostly because I'm only planning to get a few dolls and the ones I have are already taking over my room due to their, uh, rather imposing sizes, lol.

12. I could arguably like any kind of doll from that list, but I chose:
      Cute / Beautiful
      (I didn't choose Anime or Realistic, I tend to like the ones that are stylized enough to not be realistic, but still don't exactly have that "anime character come to life" feeling)
      (I also wanna say I'm super into the idea of eventually owning a scary/spooky doll, I just currently haven't seen one that particularly scratches the itch for horror that I have, most are either "spooky themed but not scary" or "scary but not otherwise appealing to me")
      Unusual Shape/Body (I currently only have a doll with a pretty regular shape but I really wanna own both a Doll Chateau and a Kinoko Juice, both of which are dolls that have arguably somewhat unusual body shapes. That being said, I'm not sure if this maybe meant REALLY unusual ones rather than just proportionally stylized ones, things like skeletons or mermaids or monsters)
      Child-like and Baby-like (I will own any maturity and size of doll, but I have been really into YOSDs and Tinies lately)

13. I have and enjoy a large range of styles when it comes to BJDs. I love fantasy dolls like centaurs, dolls with horns and wings. Then on the other side I enjoy very 'real' looking dolls. For me the face is really what pulls me into a doll. :thumbup

14. I chose cute, expressive and fantasy parts. I like the idea of them being funny and adventurous. Like a fun crowd of people to go exploring with.

15. Since almost all of mine are children, that's the first box I selected. I don't mind the size - I have more Sd size than any othr, but I have RealPuki tthrough Lusion so cover a lot of different sizes. I don't like them too expressive (especially eyebrows) as I find that limits them to whatever expression the brows are painted as. I prefer them more neutral. I don't like frowning/grumpy looking dolls, smiles are preferable.

Some have fantasy parts (elf ears predominate), the majority don't. Non-frowny child dolls is my basic preference. the child part often presents difficulties in SD size as there aren't many immature bodies in that size and haivng them as children makes furniture hard to find as it's all scaled for dolls that are adults at that size.

Teddy

16. I'm a fan of medium-smaller dolls... mostly because I don't think I could handle a big doll, haha... People who can are admirable!
      I also really like strange, non-conventially beautiful faces... Like lil piggy noses, assymetry etc.

17. .

#17 Gintsumi, Aug 22, 2019
      Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
    18. I chose anime, boys and unusual size. I should have also added anthro as I have quite a few. Somehow I am drawn to the unusual size, even though it drives me crazy dressing them. I have two realistic guys and just got one finally dressed.

19. Small fantasy dolls are my favorite. I don't want want them to take up a lot of space, and I love mytholoy/fanstay creatures

20. I prefer female dolls, but I range between wanting them to look cute/beautiful and other times scary. What I wish I'd see more often is fantasy parts for dolls. Sometimes I have a character in mind but the sculpts I like for that character are missing elf ears, a tail, or hooves. I wish there were more companies that would be willing to customize sculpts a bit like Resinsoul does.