1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Youpla Dolls Discussion

May 17, 2016

1. YouplaDolls has released a new SD sized head called Zenji. I figured I'd start a new thread to discuss Zenji and any other SD sized heads they may release in the future.

Here's a direct link to Zenji's page. Zenji - information page - Youpla Dolls

2. I got my beautiful boy yesterday and it fits very well my Iplehouse YID normal skin body.
      The skin match is very good... 90% or better and the neck size is also fitting.
      [​IMG]
      The face up is from Youpla.
      I love her work very much and I hope to see more owner photos of Zenji.

3. I just ordered my Zenji and am so incredibly excited! I stumbled across him and he is absolutely perfect for one of my characters and I can't wait to get him home. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else does with theirs!

4. @fairithilien Congrats! I can't wait to see what you do with him.

5. So lovely! I'm looking for a body for mine. Do you mind showing a picture of of well the neck fits on that body? Thanks!

6. I am actually curious to see what bodies people are planning for theirs. I've put one of the 61cm classy doll boy bodies on layaway for him. It's shorter than the recommended but the breadth of the shoulders is the same as what he was on in the ad, so I'm thinking he won't look bobble headed. I'll update on how it ends up (though it'll probably be a while) and how the resin match works. I am most likely planning on dying them both though (the zenji head has the perfect facial structure for one of my characters, but is a couple shades too light), so I'm not too worried about the match, I'll share how it works before dying anyway so other people getting the head can see if it's a good option for them. :)
      Do people getting Zenji have bodies planned already? Or are you waiting till you get him to decide?

7. @Raesha: Sorry for the bad quality but it's getting evening here so the light is not that good. I hope the photo helps a bit.

[​IMG]

I hope you will find the perfect body for your Zenji and I'm looking forward to all the arriving Zenjis.

8. The quality is fine for the task--thank you! It does look like a good ft.

I stuck mine on a 68cm Mirodoll body just because I had one lying around, but the neck is too skinny for the head. Classy Doll is one I'm considering, as is Angel Studio, Island Doll, and Clover Doll. I don't like the very muscular aesthetic and I'm having trouble finding the build I like with a price tag I want to pay. XD;;

9. Yeah it's really hard to find a nice balance between fits the head and fits your aesthetics for hybriding, let alone when you throw cost in the mix. Maybe look on eBay for some older dolls not on the recast lists? Some of them have slim builds, and a lot of the older bodies have excellent prices, a friend found a great slim one for a $150 starting bid the other day. You'd be surprised what you can turn up. You just have to be more cautious about recasts, though very few of the older dolls have been recasted.
      I really like the classy doll body because while it's very muscular it also looks sorta soft and gentle to me, so I decided it would be perfect for the character. I'm a sucker for that slouch.

10. Oh thread ! :)

There was a bit of sun : I went out with Zenji this afternoon ! Hope you'll like the little picture ^-^

[​IMG]

For body, It's difficult to find not muscular at this size. I think switch 60 might work but it's not a low price...

11. @Youpla: The photo of your Zenji is wonderfull. Thank you for sharing.
      Does he use the Switch HD 65 Body in this picture?

I could take comparison photos of the Zenji head with the Switch HD 60 Body and the Spiritdoll Elegance Body (which are not muscular) if someone would like to see this, but I'm not sure it will fit.
      Some Luts bodies are also not very muscular and Luts is not that expensive but my friend with such a body doesn't live in the same city, so I can't take some pictures.
      Sorry.

12. Haven't taken any good pictures, and it's not his planned body, by my Zenji just arrived and I tried him on the new Mirodoll 66cm body and he fits perfectly. The resin match is almost perfect as well, with the Miro being slightly more pink. Nothing that blushing can't fix. So if anyone is still wondering what sort of body to get theirs that's a wonderful and affordable option. (I'm planning to do a body review soon too. The posing and quality is fantastic).

13. Did anyone take comparison photos / leg movements review?:D:chibi

14. Youpla's back with a gorgeous sd girl Shuri. I just pre-ordered her dreaming version in caramel! Is anyone else adding htis gorgeous girl to their resin group?

15. She comes in Caramel and Chocolate

Open Eye Option
      [​IMG]

and Dreaming Option

[​IMG]

16. Yes, I am! :D Someone who knows me very well (looking at you @Mandagore:wiggle) alerted me to the news and I couldn't resist...
      I wavered a bit - open eyes or dreaming head, caramel or chocolate??
      In the end I went for open eyes and caramel, but it was a tough decision!
      I'm really excited I'll finally get a Youpla doll. I've been sorely tempted by her sculpts before and Shuri is the perfect choice to finally give in. :love
      I see you've already a name for yours, do you have a chara in mind already too?

17. @Ophiaca She's a great sculpt to have a friend enable you!! lol
      I was tempted by the oe, but when she posted the dreaming....I knew I was in trouble. lol

Yes, she'll be a teen daughter to, two of my sd characters. a third teen in my group. I'm so looking forward to the images in my head becoming reality..lol

How about you, any ideas for your girl yet?

18. Glad to be of (enabling) service! :evilplot:
      I'm so looking forward to you guys bringing this gorgeous girl home (and only a tiny bit envious...^^). Youpla is really just getting better and better. I'd love to see what you'll be doing with her. Congrats to you two!

19. Yeah, you should be proud of yourself for this one...lol
      Thank you. Yes, I'm quietly hoping she designs a sd boy youthful like shuri, to be a companion.
      (but at the same time hoping she doesnt..lmao)

20. Shuri makes me wish I’d held off on shelling one of my characters a couple more years…. Im already trying to tell myself that that character does not need another sibling!

I can drop in some photos of my Lilith, who I grabbed second hand!

[​IMG]Cole by Indifferent Red, on Flickr

She’s one of the most stable, best posers in my collection, so im sure the new body os also going to be fantastic!

Tags: