1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Best Cheapest Bjd/Craft finds

Sep 21, 2018

1. Yesterday I found a pack of 5 pairs of 12mm plastic eyes for €1! It got me thinking, what great finds have everyone else made in the hobby?

[​IMG]

2. Great thread!

3. I get a lot of my props from second hand stores like savers and goodwill! There are usually some pretty good finds since there are so many odd pieces!

4. It's so exciting to find something you can use for your dolls :) I found a painted screen recently that's 1/6 size, it's painted with birds and has a wood frame. A 1/6 scale porcelain bathtub and 1/4 size wire bench, probably meant for plants. I live near a thrift store so I always check out the housewares, sometimes they have things suitable for dolls, and only $1-2. I repurpose fabric for doll clothes, often it's much less $$$ to take lace from a dress or use a child's pinafore for the material. I want to try making shoes & plan on using old kidskin gloves I have stashed away.

5. Goodwill I found two large carved wooden wardrobes for my dolls. I also found a wooden chair that fits perfectly for SDs

6. Novelty erasers aren't too expensive and make fun props.

7. I found an antique 1/12ish scale bed at a flea market a couple of years ago! It's brass, and it's absolutely perfect.

8. I got a bag of 15 wigs, 20 pairs of glass eyes, jointed hands, and prolly 60 or so pieces of clothes for $35usd. Sadly none of the stuff was for the size of dolls I have, but who's not going to buy all that for the price?

9. What a score!

10. where do you go to find your best BJD deals ?

11. I bought a junk jewelry bag for $8 at a flea market and found several pairs of tiny earrings I can use for BJD jewelry.

12. That's incredible! I would have snatched that up too, regardless of size. I'm a little jealous haha

13. I get most of my SD and MSD scale furniture from thrift stores, and my personal thrifting rule is "Nothing over $20" so most of my finds are $15-$20. My SD is sitting on a loveseat and two of my MSDs are sitting on mini reproduction IKEA loungers.

14. Okay so i went to walmart and target the other day. I was perusing the toy isles and each store has their own cheap version of american girl dolls. They have playsets, accessories, little sets all for super cheap. Stuff like a little fake hamster and cage pet set, ramen dinner food set, cleaning supplies, groceries, purses, a kitchen set, bathroom, laundry room, even cars and scooters all for very reasonable prices! The little accessories kits were like 7-8 bucks each, the play sets about 20-40 varying in size and price. Definitely worth a look! Save for the clothes, the props are properly doll sized :)