1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Favorite Wigs

May 19, 2014

1. As someone who is relatively new to the hobby, I'm very curious about this. I've been having some trouble finding wigs that I really like.

Which doll company/artist makes your favorite wigs? Do you buy wigs from the same company that makes your dolls, or do you go elsewhere? What kinds of wigs/materials are your favorites?

2. I've always loved Jpopdolls and Monique Gold Label wigs. They are SUPER soft fiber, come in many styles and colors, and are very excellent quality. Most of my collection consists of these wigs.

However, I just got two human hair wigs with the secondhand elf Dahlia I bought, and wow, these things are amazing. I thought they might creep me out, but they don't. And they're so nicely made, and so realistic. Nice and heavy and natural. Also, they seem easy to take care of than fiber. The wigs I got were horribly tangled. The straight one brushed out pretty easily and didn't lose a lot of strands. The curly one, I washed using my own hair conditioner and ran a comb through it to take out the tangles. Worked like a charm, and the curls remained in the wig (and it smells awesome as a bonus). With fiber wigs, loose curls tend to eventually straighten out, and tight curls get tangled very easily and are hard to keep tamed.

I will say, though, that human hair wigs are expensive, ranging from around $50 for the smallest sizes to well over $100 for the largest. I'm still considering selling a bunch of the fiber wigs I have for my Trinity and Lusion and investing in a few more of those awesome human hair wigs, though.

3. I've always been a fur wig kind of person, so I used to buy from Monstro and Echo...BUT!

I recently bought For My Doll fiber wigs and I'm an absolute convert, they are so soft and the colours are really nice, they range from realistic to the more alternative ones, they also do them in more sizes than the most popular 3 (8-9,7-8,6-7). I could easily blow a lot of money just FMY wigs x3

4. I get all of my wigs from Leekeworld. I love the variety of styles and colours that they have! The only issue is that sometimes they can be a hit and miss, like the lighter colours might easily show the wig cap or the style might not look super similar to the sale pictures. But overall, I've been very satisfied each time I've bought from them.

5. My favorite wig companies are Kaleidoll and SSeiren. I don't care for the Monique Gold wigs. I've bought several and the fly away hair's are unmanagable and won't take a style. I've bought fairyland, Leekeworld, Angell Studio and they're really nice but they don't compare to Kaledoll wigs or SSeiren for my dolls.

6. I've bought from a few different sources, I do like (and will keep) my Monique Gold wigs, but the rest I'm slowly replacing with For My Doll wigs, which are quite nice and extremely easy to get in nearly any combination I want! My dolls are all characters (fandom or OCs) who have their looks set already, so being able to find the perfect wig has been something of a struggle at times. Having the huge number of options from FMD, along with the excellent quality of their wigs, has really made things easier for me, and I'm never disappointed with what I've gotten from them!

7. I would have to say Monique Gold Wigs, leekeworld and for mohair- chattybratty on ebay.

Though I would say monique gold has the best consistency quality wise, leekeworld it depends on the style and for mohair well it depends on where it is cut lol.

My all time favorite is kstarr- they had the most awesome wigs ever. Alas they are no longer in business.

8. Ironically, the only time I ever actually bought a wig was from an Etsy seller, and she no longer makes any! but I have found that as far as customer service, and quality, a lot of BJD hobbyists who do business on the side seem to do good work making wigs. My next wig purchase will most likely be Mohair, so I'll be commissioning through the forum or Esty.

9. I really love Licht. The color choices and styles are awesome, and they all look fantastic on my dolls! ^^

10. Another vote for Monique Gold wigs, especially the ones with the "skin" partline. I'm also a fan of Tibetan lamb wigs.

11. My go to wig is Monique Gold, they are my favorite and I'll pick a wig from them over anything else, even Leekeworld! I LOVE how soft they are and the colors are amazing (they're synthetic mohair I think which is not as poofy or curly as real mohair)! I have quite a few wigs from this collection. My second favorite wig place is Leekeworld, I have maybe two or three wigs from Leeke (more Monique though).

12. Monique. For realistic hair, I won't put anything else on my MSD dolls if I can manage it. Most wig fibers look out of scale at MSD size but the fibers in Monique wigs are so nice and fine!

I prefer wigs that have a blend in fiber of two or more colors for any middle color tones (not platinum blonde or black but medium shades). It looks more natural.

13. I only love Leekeworld. I do not know why. I had other brands also mohair wigs but the Leekeworld fiber wigs are the best for me :)

14. Which doll company/artist makes your favorite wigs? Leekeworld + Ebay

Do you buy wigs from the same company that makes your dolls, or do you go elsewhere? I go elsewhere

What kinds of wigs/materials are your favorites? Mohair, Fur and Fibre (Fibre needs to be soft and not plastic looking)

I gotta hop on the Monique wig train.

15. I prefer Leekeworld wigs. I like the styles and colors that they offer.

16. stormlight, i dunno if i just missed the link but where did you find human hair wigs? that would be amazing. i'm so glad you guys gave us all so many good links. i had the hardest time finding a wig for my first doll and i'm still not super, super crazy about it. hopefully one of these links will have the wig i had wanted all alone <3

17. I think Angell Doll have some really lovely wigs, and Iplehouse too (if you like more realistic ones!). I've actually got a few off Etsy cos they are often hand made and unique. I'm a bit obsessed with mohair wigs lately too- try LoongSoul!

18. Most of my favorites brands in no particular order: Volks, Leekeworld, Ndoll, Jpop dolls, Mandrake Himezakura, Zephyr, Crobidoll, Gold Ruchiru
      I like light soft fiber wigs. I like a mix of natural, fantasy, and two-tone colors.
      Most my dolls are Volks, and I have purchased a few Volks wigs. I think they have a nice selection of natural colors, but have purchased most my wigs outside of them.

19. I actually really really like a person who makes fur wigs on etsy her shop name is EchoWigs. she is AMAZING she made a difficult wig for me and it came out perfect

20. I love For My Doll. Their wigs have wonderful colours, and many many styles available, even really short ones for boys.