1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your first doll

Apr 26, 2022

1. Which doll was the first you bought ? My first was minifee ingrid from fairyland .

2. Mine is Alphie, the doll in my little icon/picture thingy that accompanies my posts.

He's a Luts Delf Chiwoo I bought second hand from eBay because I wanted to see pictures of the actual doll I'd be getting rather than generic company photo's of a doll of the same sculpt.

He's stil with me, seventeen years later.

Teddy

#2 Teddy, Apr 26, 2022
      Last edited: May 24, 2022
    3. My first doll is a 5stardoll Tong Tong that I bought in 2012. She has such a big chubby face I just couldn’t resist. She’s been with me all this time and I still love her to bits.
      I moved from the US to the UK and she ended up with some dirty spots on her face. As much as I love her default faceup I think it’s time she gets a new look. I’m terrified and excited at the same time.

Minifees are beautiful dolls but in my mind since they’re all over the place I don’t think I’ll ever get one. :/ I’ve seen some gorgeous faceups on them on the marketplace though. :)

4. I've been in the hobby a little over 14 years, oddly I count the years based on the age of my 4th BJD Thaddeus who came home on Halloween of 2008. As was in the hobby for a while before he came, but his got you date is the easiest to recall so makes a good counter.

So then my first dolls came a bit before Thad. Some time in late 2007 I order a Dollmore Bella and a Dollfie Dream head (I want to say 04), at about the same time when I got into the hobby. I think I got the head first, then Shokuji (my Bella) came and a little after that Dare my Dollfie Dream got her body. I forget fully the dates they came home on, another reason Thaddeus is my mile marker in the hobby vs them.

5. Angel of Dream Chen, but it was their first version of him. They've updated the sculpt and changed the body a few times since then. I still have him, he'll be 15 this summer!

6. Little Monica Sweet Little Sarubia 2019 Halloween! I got her in early 2020 :)

7. My first doll was my Island Doll Ivy (same as in my icon, I really need to take more pictures of her!) I got her about ten years ago when I was a teen. I picked that sculpt half because the price was accessable to my no income self at the time, and I loved her sweet expression.

8. Luts KDF Mill bought in like...2012 I think? Sometimes I wish I had gotten an Ani or Hoodoo but.... I think he was a pretty good inbetween.

9. A dollsn Bada. She actually just arrived a few days ago! I got her fullset and she is just toooo cute!

10. Luts KDF Bory, Actually, my first love is YS from Crobi, but I though i might be better to have a smaller doll at beginning.

11. Lute KDF Bory, I had him from 2016 until now and he still with me Totally my favorite doll from the beginning to end

12. Dream of Doll Wi, in 2006? He's still bopping around, as is his fullset clothing! :)

13. Dollshe SA Bermann, the Tensiya Valentino release, bought him 3rd hand in 2006.
      Bermann was the first 70cm doll made, there was nothing else like him at the time. I recently tried to buy him a new suit and he is so skinny compared to dolls made in that size now. Poor old skinny, the suit was way too big.

14. Mine was a Honey Delf Pretzel, hence my username. :whee:

15. Mystic Kids Francis that I named Riley!! Got him in the beginning of 2021 :)

16. My first doll was actually 2 dolls and a floating head. It was 2011 and I had just learned about BJDs a couple of months earlier. I had not intended to buy a doll at that point, but 5 Star Doll was having a Summer Event. I got 1/3 Tumnus, 1/6 Rex and a floating head of 1/3 Edmund. But I consider Tumnus (my Genesis) to be my first toll. He is still my favorite and most beloved doll after 11 years.

17. My first doll of this "kind" was a Volks Dollfie Dream I, hybrid with a CP VDES head sculpt. Both are close to nineteen years old now, and still with me to this day. My first full resin BJD was a SoulDoll Paris, who is also still with me and is around sixteen or seventeen years old now (I don't sell my stuff, so I own all the BJD I ever purchased plus a million OT toys and dolls I still purchase now and dolls from my childhood as well. I love to hoard collect toys!). (:

18. You are not alone in that.

I do sel on dolls I don't bond with, but that still leaves A LOT that stay.

Teddy

19. A Bobobie Apollo in white skin from Craig’s list. He was only 40$ back in 2008. I still have Akiyo all these years later.

20. My first was a Bobobie Isabella that I got from DDE in 2018 and I still love her to bits~