1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

your memories from visiting Volks in Japan

Mar 20, 2007

1. One time, Volks decided to move from one side of the street to the other. The line for the 'new store opening' in Osaka was very long and filled with smelly otaku on a hot day. They kept the escalators silent and still as people waited along them floor by floor, all the way up to the fifth. It was too hot, so I fell asleep on one of the escalators and was very disoriented when I woke up quite some time later, still in the same unmoving line. But somehow now it's a peaceful happy memory and I feel as if I have some ownership of the store, having slept there.

2. I've been to all the Sumika's in Tokyo and I have very fond memories of all of them; especially in Akihabara where I ordered Titterwing's Umibe and a very nice lady had to deal with my not-so-good Japanese, and she probably thought I was crazy every time I said the word "blue." (if you look at him, Umibe is very, very blue.)

I went to Sato today! I was really impressed with the galleries of Limiteds and One-offs, and even more impressed with the store. I spent four hours there wandering around and taking pictures of Lan. It's got a very peaceful, lovely vibe, even when it's raining.

3. Oh, you guys are all so lucky you get to visit those stores! It is my dream to visit one myself someday!

4. I went to multiple Volks' stores when I was in Japan last year but I was also fanatical about the Garage Kit hobby at the time as well. I spent most of the time mulling over which putty to buy and getting paints and other tools, that was so much fun, I'd been ordered everything off the Internet for both hobbies so it was wonderful to be able to walk into a store and walk out with those awesome black Volks bags!

My first one was just behind Otome road in Ikebukuro, that was the one that stuck in the mind because it was the first experience. I also went to the Akihabara & Osaka ones . . . . . so much awesome . . .

5. Wow, it's nice reading everyone's memories! I was in Japan for three years and only got to a couple of Volks stores (Hiroshima and . . . Ikebukuro, I think? There weren't any dollfies, as I recall.) I had no idea which stores were the good ones; the ones I went to were underwhelming and I just gave up looking for them.

6. I go to the one in Nagoya every month or two, though I don't really buy as much from there as I do from the other doll stores in the area. They are very friendly, and there's a new worker who is very hyperactive and friendly. She loves seeing pictures of dolls.

The Nagoya store did creep me out one time. I went in there, and they recognized me as the girl with a Mika and a Ken. However, I only bought my Mika there, and I never took the Ken I bought at Mandarake there. The doll stores must talk to each other since I never mentioned getting Ken. My next time will be interesting since I picked up another doll from Mandarake (SD13-19).

I've only been to the Akibahara store twice, but I like the store. It's so clean and uncluttered compared to the other stores, and I saw a wonderful one-off once, a bloodied samurai. Man, I still wish I had sneaked a photo.

I've been to the Harajuku store more often, and it's just a very nice place. I always pick up some cute clothes, and the last time I went the clerk was playing with the two elf dolls (Irvin and Kaelin?) on display and putting them in cuddling positions. It was even funnier because the signs for the dolls were on one-side and she had taken display chairs and cloth off of the photo area to help pose them. Ah, the perils of being alone in the store with no customers.

7. Even though I've been living in the area for like 4 months now, I only just ventured into the Ikebukuro branch today XD

The staff were friendlier than I imagined!
      I might have gone overboard buying Volks Metallics XD

Off to the Akihabara branch tomorrow :D

8. I went to a Volks store in Akihabara. It was the first dolly store I visited. The place didn't open until 10am. There was already a bunch of guys waiting outside for the place to open. I remember seeing a wall lined with gashapon machines and a guy in a suit trying to get something.

The volks store was on the 4th floor. I was interested in shoes and eyes. The shoes were way too expensive but I got some eyes and also some hooks and stuff. I spent very little money there coz they didn't have what I wanted.

My mum was intrigued with the display area and was really interested in the sleeping doll that was inside a coffin.