1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Your reasons for choosing your first doll?

Jun 21, 2011

1. Mine was simple. I wanted a doll after seeing my friend's doll, she introduced me to luts, i browsed through their dolls, saw his smirk, loved it and got him XD

2. My first doll was a Resinsoul Lan. She had a more realistically sculpted face and a more realistically sized head when compared to many other mature minis. Also, she was fabulously priced. I'm thinking of getting a few more of her. XD

3. I chose my first dolly ( soom glot ) because i really adore satyrs and pans so the hooves are what got me.

4. Price was everything to me. I am very broke. So I wanted a doll that was affordable and came with a face up.

5. He had such a smile and I kept coming back to look at him again and again. Then I started looking for more pictures. Being inexpensive and the company having an event, that was just icing. I think I would have picked him anyway

6. My first was an Iplehouse Silvia full set. I chose her because I thought she was so beautiful and because she came with a wig/shoes/eyes/outfit and I didn't have to buy everything separately. I was just starting out in the hobby and was still pretty confused about sizes so having everything all in one purchase was very appealing to me.

7. After a few weeks of looking at dozens of dolls, I had a dream about one of the many lovely choices I was debating. After sharing a lovely day with DoD's Petsha in a dream, I placed my order while drinking my coffee the next morning.

8. Though I'm still waiting on my actual first doll, I chose him because he was perfect for the character I want him to be (expression, eye shape, everything) and...I think he's the most beautiful doll I've ever seen. He is Souldoll's human version Chiron in normal skin and I practically swoon everytime I see him.

9. My first doll was chosen on the beauty of the sculpt firstly and secondly if I could afford it. I rarely choose a character before I choose a doll:)

10. After much prodding by a friend and some useful links, I decide to cruise the links and see if there were any dolls that spoke to me. I found one at Iplehouse that had me drooling. He looked like a young version of my current jrocker obsession and I wanted him sooo bad but the price had me staggering. I'm still planning/hoping to get him at some point but for now...I just can't afford him. I kept looking and found the most adorable Delf kid at Lutz. It was love at first site. He'll be my first and hopefully an early xmas present for myself.

11. The one I'm investing in at the moment will be my first doll. I don't know, when I first learned of BJD's, I searched for them on Google the first company that popped up for me was Ringdoll. I automatically fell in love with their Spencer model(even though at first glance I thought he was a girl) and I've had my heart set on him since.

12. My favourite doll I had ever seen was a DOD Collection Black Ducan. Never to be of course, but since the Homme Ducan sculpt was so similar I easily fell in love with him and he was the natural choice <3

13. Price! /shot by every DoA member
      But really, there are so many dolls out there and plenty I love and plan to get anyway XD I might as well get the cheapest first. I'm not *just* buying her because she's cheap (that would be a waste of money... >_>) but she isn't my favorite. My favorite is $630, and I'd rather have a doll before I turn 30 and buy the second best (third best, maybe) xD

14. Not long after I began seriously looking into resin BJD, Limhwa released the in-progress photos of Mano. I remember literally gasping and saying 'oh...wow...' and immediately favoriting the site lol I had never seen such a detailed mature SD boy before and I was pretty hopelessly smitten with him. At the time, there was also a BJD brick and mortar store about 30 minutes from my house. A couple months after discovering the photos of Mano, I made the trek up there, (to buy some brushes and a vinyl practice head I...think..?), only to discover one of the very first Mano's to be released was on display. I got the VERY rare opportunity to handle my dream doll before deciding to make the plunge.
      Needless to say, I started saving right away and managed to bring home Emile several months later :D

15. I chose my first doll because I wanted something small for my first doll. So I started out looking at the company and the size of the doll was perfect. Next i had to figure out which sculpt I wanted. Well at first i fell in love with the face. After considering all the other sculpts the company had. I ended up going back to the one I loved first because I really couldnt not get it.

16. I had been spending weeks looking at different dolls but when I saw the AOD Zi Yuan it was love at first sight.

17. I'm still waiting on her, but for my Zuzu Delf Fenny it was many things! For one, I loved foxes when I was a little girl, and she had the most adorable tiny pink nose and mouth. Also, she is the School Girl version, and I've always adored the 'sailor suit' school uniforms. I went from thinking I'd never want a BJD to buying her in the span of a few minutes.

18. I had been admiring DD's for over a year and had been thinking about getting one for a long time. I didn't want to rush though since after looking at so many pictures and the price tag on these dolls I knew that I shouldn't get a random one just for the sake it's cheap or just for the sake for owning one. I really wanted to find one that would look appealing and the prize wouldn't be too much to handle.

Once DD Beatrice's pictures were up on the website, I immediately knew I would get her. Her facemold looked really amazing for me and I had read the series where she came from so I knew and liked the character. So I participated in the lottery and won her! I feel like I'm so much happier with her than buying some other doll whose face wasn't nearly as satisfactory as hers. ^^ Now I'm waiting for the next releases...

19. My first doll will be a Doll Love yoyo. I chose her because she is soooo cute, I love yoSD sizes, and I heard they were great posers and plus she wasnt that expensive! So thats why I bought her.

20. I didn't actually intend to buy a doll at first. I've been looking at this hobby for probably 4 or 5 years but it was expensive and I really never had time. But while I was on wiki I decided to browse some of the companies listed. Then I saw DOD Petsha and that was the end of me. After deciding I could not live without that sweet face I was sold. Not to say I didn't do my research and look at thousands of dolls afterwards to make sure I made the right choice. I think it took me a month to confirm that I was sure I wanted to jump in. Now that shes been here for a few months I couldn't be happier with my decision.